Non-Lions discussion 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They might struggle to do a traditional rebuild. Highest pick this year is in the 30s. They've got a lot of people to replace

Can't see the Cats being anywhere near a premiership for sometime. They will still win games at home but that list is truly awful. In next two years gone will be Selwood - Hawkins - possibly Dangerfield - Smith - Tuohy - Stanley - Blicvacs and really they should be delisting these players on Monday - Dahlhaus - Rohan - Higgins - Henderson. Some of their "potential" can't get a game and could be on the move (Narkle - Clark).

The Cats first pick in this years draft is currently 30 - that will move back on the night. They need desperately to get into the first round so who they going to trade with any currency? The young players didn't get games so have no currency.

If Chris Scott walks away from this list for Carlton he wouldn't be allowed back into sleepy hollow ever again !

They've had a very good run with avoiding injuries to their key players. They've had 9 players play every game (including Gawn, Oliver, Petracca), 4 players miss only one game, and 2 missed two games.

A big part of that is by having the right people involved with Darren Burgess is their High Performance Manager and Selwyn Griffith as their Head of Strength and Conditioning, but it's also a lot of luck too.
Did I hear a couple of months ago that Darren Burgess will be leaving them for Adelaide during the off season?

Real shame we got caught on the wrong side of the finals fixture. Would’ve backed us against Geelong or Port. If Melbourne had finish first and we’d finish second I think we would’ve been playing off in the GF.

Nothing is ever as bad as it seems. They made it further than us and were thumped by a red hot Melbourne team. They were missing two important players as well in Stewart and Parfitt. Those two wouldn't have made much of a difference last night but every other team in the comp would've been handed a lesson with the way Melbourne played last night .

A grand final and a prelim in the last 2 years. Yes, both years ended in thumpings, but geez if I'm a Geelong supporter I'd be hoping that the team would run it back one more year rather than go the massive rebuild/years at the bottom.

Real shame we got caught on the wrong side of the finals fixture. Would’ve backed us against Geelong or Port. If Melbourne had finish first and we’d finish second I think we would’ve been playing off in the GF.
Probably a good year not to make the Grand Final really.
Melbourne appear at the top of their game and would be near impossible to beat.

Probably a good year not to make the Grand Final really.
Melbourne appear at the top of their game and would be near impossible to beat.

Yeah but you never know a couple of early injuries and we might have been a chance.

Or a repeat of the game against them earlier in the season but we actually show up after half time would’ve been good

Yeah but you never know a couple of early injuries and we might have been a chance.

Or a repeat of the game against them earlier in the season but we actually show up after half time would’ve been good
With a fully fit team we would have been a shot.

if we had finished one percentage point below the Dogs it would have been a different story too, there is a good chance we will have lost to the two grand finalists

Demons definitely not certainties for the flag IMO, anything can happen in a one off game, can see the Dogs beating them, particularly if the Gabba heist trio are the men with the whistles on GF day.

I absolutely would prefer the Dees to win though, Dogs and Port are in the top 4 of my most disliked sides.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rare that a prelim team is so comprehensively dismantled like this.

it would be terrible if this scars Geelong for a generation. Just terrible.
Ha ha , and to think supporters , players, jump ship to these top four teams.
Dont they realize no team stays on top , must fall and struggle at some stage.
GWS would be shit hot if only they could of kept say three or four players.

irel only has two weeks left on bigfooty for creating that thread.

Elixuh obviosly lacks vision and can not see an opportunity here. Imagine the monetary possibilities of promoting an "Op Thread" to the other 17 clubs and hundreds and thousands of other world sports. We'll all be millionaires. Apart from Elixuh cause he must already be one and does not need the extra cash. ;) :D

Last edited:
Interesting how Jeremy Cameron doesn't get anywhere near the media scrutiny that Daniher received. This is after one of the more terrible performances by his team, with no major injuries to talk about.

Is there something I don't know? Lachie getting traded to the Dees?

;)

Edit- Straight swap for Oliver or Petracca I'd consider it.

Can't say Neale and can't say Daniher either.
All roads lead to us haha

Ha ha , and to think supporters , players, jump ship to these top four teams.
Dont they realize no team stays on top , must fall and struggle at some stage.
GWS would be sh*t hot if only they could of kept say three or four players.
The irony from last night for me was that the Dees probably had to smash their piggybank to get Brown and the Cats had to mortgage Kardinia Park to get smiley Jezza for 4 possessions hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back