Non-Lions Footy Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

There was a rumour that Bundy left Geelong because he did a Wayne Carey with Lonergan's wife.

Pretty generally debunked at the time, for the record (just to avoid anyone getting the wrong idea).

Pretty generally debunked at the time, for the record (just to avoid anyone getting the wrong idea).
Bunks not involved ?

Been doing some idle thinking (do that a lot;)) and realized just how many of the senior coaches have a connection to Fitzroy/Bears/Lions.

1. Justin Leppitch (Lions)......Brisbane

2. Chris Scott (Lions)......Geelong

3. Brad Scott (Lions).......Nth Melbourne

4. Ross Lyon (Fitzroy/Bears)......Fremantle

5. Nathan Buckley (Bears)......Collingwood

6. Rodney Eade (Bears)......Gold Coast

7. Paul Roos (Roys).......Melbourne

8. Phil Walsh (Bears).......Adelaide

Edit: 9. Ken Hinkley (Roys).......Port Adelaide

Have I missed anyone?

Last edited:
Been doing some idle thinking (do that a lot;)) and realized just how many of the senior coaches have a connection to Fitzroy/Bears/Lions.

4. Ross Lyon (Bears)......Fremantle

Have I missed anyone?
Ken Hinkley (Roys)

Tar guys:thumbsu:....didn't know about Hinkley.:oops:

Wow, we have spawned half of the current coaches!

Not a bad effort for our combined clubs classed as hopeless and only successful due to handouts etc....

Proves we had the talent..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have I missed anyone?

Would have thought the 127 Games at Fitzroy would have been held in higher esteem than the 2 at the Bears. ;)

My apologies..

..but not being a Fitzroy person, I'm not as familiar with their past players as I am with the Bears...

I'm pretty sure it would be the same for Roys fans not knowing who all the Bears players were.

Edit: 9. Ken Hinkley (Roys).......Port Adelaide

Have I missed anyone?

Not missed, but throwing in the remaining clubs for assistant coaches:

Carlton - John Barker

Giants - Luke Power

Richmond - Mark Williams

Sydney - John Blakey

St Kilda - Paul Hudson (ex-coach)

Essendon - Mark Harvey (ex-coach)

A few more off the top of my head

Craig Lambert. Giants (if you count the footy department :))
Marcus Ashcroft. Suns (if you count the footy department :))
Shaun Hart. Port

So is it adversity or success that breeds success in this case? Would the Royboys be so determined if they had not had to tough it out so much ... would the Lions be as good if they had not been forged in the pain of the Bears ... are any of the people on that list ones who were never Roys or Bears but only involved post Merger ...

So is it adversity or success that breeds success in this case? Would the Royboys be so determined if they had not had to tough it out so much ... would the Lions be as good if they had not been forged in the pain of the Bears ... are any of the people on that list ones who were never Roys or Bears but only involved post Merger ...
Brad Scott was a post merger Lion.

As a Geelong local (friend of a friend situation), I tend to "believe" that the "rumour" is true.

It's really not.

There are some gambling issues primarily. There were some relationship issues as well but nothing involving another player.

Hopefully this rubbish will be put to bed after we play the Cats. Their reaction after the siren will make it clear this story is a load of shit. Plenty of "Geelong locals" on the Cats board that will tell you the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back