Non-Lions Footy Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dogs rack up some insane tackle stats. Griffen 15, Libba 14, Boyd 10, Macrae 10...

Was actually an exciting game, wasn't expecting that.

I have no issue with split rounds and will take "Some footy" over "no footy" any day but can someone please explain the logic in spreading the split round games over Friday-Monday this week and Thursday-Sunday next week?

If there was any week to stick to merely Friday-Sunday games surely it is during the split rounds when there is already fewer games being played.

Having to wait until 4:40pm on a Sunday for some footy kinda sucks. I know it's Mother's Day but that doesn't explain next week's weird scheduling.

Having reduced games due to the bye they should be pushing to have all the games for the 3 weeks on FTA. Im sure a few extra games would help the broadcast deal. Just let fox show them as well. Doing that pretty much hides not having all the games on.

West Coast seem to be over their goal kicking issues, Kennedy in particular.

Amazing that West Coast are currently on 26.7 after they blew their games vs Carlton and Port due to horrid goalkicking.

And regardless of any personal feelings about WC it's so great to see bags getting kicked. Hope Kennedy gets to 10.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

KB was saying even this part of the proceedings is going to be a drawn out affair. That the players have right of reply to answer why they shouldn't be charged, then to and froing about that, then if any sanctions, will be an appeal process etc, etc, etc........

It's not over by a long shot unfortunately

Last edited:
KB was saying even this part of the proceedings is going to be a drawn out affair. That the players have right of apply to answer why they shouldn't be charged, then to and froing about that, then if any sanctions, will be an appeal process etc, etc, etc........

It's not over by a long shot unfortunately

Absolutely correct.

Using Saad as an example, his situation was announced on July 31, he was provisionally suspended in August, officially suspended November 27, and ASADA appealed on December 5 - which is still on-going.

If there's no provisional suspension for the Bombers, it could easily be longer between announcement and official action given the number of charges we're potentially talking about.

Tommy RIP.

We tried to organise Tommy to come see my father in law as a fathers day present for an hour or two. He is the uncle of an old mate of mine - he even gave me one of those old adidas t-shirts back in the day. We got his details and contacted him. He spoke on the phone for about 20 minutes wanting to know all about the father in law, and was more than happy to come down. He refused to accept any money and drove 2 hours from his home. When Tommy came up this way and time permitting he would stop into my father in laws and share a cuppa green tea. Very sad household there at present.

I work in the Disability field, we have a young lad who is a mad Richmond fan, he ran into Rex Hunt down the street two weeks ago and had a chat, Rex was very down because Tommy was terminal. Rex said it would be two weeks max, he also said that the 2014 Tigers are shit. He was correct on both counts.

I can't believe cousin Toby would bring the good Greene family name into disrepute :(

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...lfield-nightclub/story-fni5f7qp-1226916081901

Jesus, quite a charge sheet.

Greene, from Rozelle, is facing counts of:

- intentionally causing serious injury
- recklessly causing injury
- affray
- assault in company
- assault by kicking
- assault with a weapon,
- unlawful assault
- making threats to inflict serious injury
- being drunk in a public place
- criminal damage.

I like how the first two charges use the same impact grading system as the AFL MRP. Wonder if he can get off all charges by claiming that "impact was insufficient to constitute a report".

Derby Rd? Are they talking about Zagames?
Who the hell goes for a big night at Zagames?

I know Ashburton is a dry area, but sheesh. At least head down to Century City or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back