Non-Lions Footy Season (2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Strawberry Blonde Dog

Hehe, I remember some mates giving me crap about my hair at my place once when I was a teenager. My mum heard it and interjected with "it's not red, it's strawberry blonde!" as though that was somehow better.

Thanks Mum.

How did walker cop a sanction for the johanissen incident? Looked like a shepherd gone wrong to me. Should appeal over $500

I haven't watched them play a lot this year but with a golden run similar to the Bulldogs last year; could the Saints go deep into the finals?

I haven't watched them play a lot this year but with a golden run similar to the Bulldogs last year; could the Saints go deep into the finals?

It feels like Adelaide is the team to beat but they've had a few silly losses, so it's open to anyone. I'd say if anyone goes on a golden run similar to the Dogs they could easily win the premiership. It's only three or four games after all - the Dogs' form in the leadup to finals last year was barely beating a non-finals side (Pies), a 40 pt win against half a team (Bombers), and a loss to a non-finals side (Dockers).

Their best is bloody good, eminently possible. IMO the Saints and Demons could do a Bulldogs and win the flag with a month of their best footy after a loooong premiership drought.

Gee JB was scathing in his assessment of Collingwood on the couch. "Worst kicking side" he has ever seen, pin-pointing Maynard, Adams & Treloar.

Adams is an absolute shocking kick for a so called "gun midfielder".

Watching their game against the Bombers, geez James Stewart would have been a handy father/son for them up forward. It made me go and check who they ignored him for in that draft... Maynard.

Derek Hine is a master recruiter and all that though...

Gee JB was scathing in his assessment of Collingwood on the couch. "Worst kicking side" he has ever seen, pin-pointing Maynard, Adams & Treloar.

Throw De Goey in there. Sidebottom is very hit and miss as well. Greenwood is awful. It's amazing.

I wouldn't have any constitutional objection to the Saints and Demons being there deep into September. Long suffering fans and all that. But my main concern is Port.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Throw De Goey in there. Sidebottom is very hit and miss as well. Greenwood is awful. It's amazing.

Plus Crisp is awful. Aish is a loopy kick at best and struggles under pressure.

Hine has a lot to answer for. There's a good article on The Roar about Collingwood's list management in the Buckley era. Remarkable to think they have continually tried to bolster their list with veterans... once burnt ect.

In fact, I think we'll see a broom put through both Collingwood and Gold Coast's footy departments at the end of the year.

Hine has a lot to answer for. There's a good article on The Roar about Collingwood's list management in the Buckley era. Remarkable to think they have continually tried to bolster their list with veterans... once burnt ect.

In fact, I think we'll see a broom put through both Collingwood and Gold Coast's footy departments at the end of the year.
A little bit like our Fevola, Staker, Raines, Clarke, Buchanan attempt at a flag during the 2009 trade period. Looked pretty good after 4 games.

A little bit like our Fevola, Staker, Raines, Clarke, Buchanan attempt at a flag during the 2009 trade period. Looked pretty good after 4 games.
Luckily we only did that for one year... Collingwood repeatedly went back to the well

2013 - Quinten Lynch, Clinton Young and Jordan Russell
2014 - Taylor Adams, Jesse White, Patrick Karnezis and Tony Armstrong
2015 - Crisp, Greenwood & Varcoe
2016 - Aish, Treloar & Howe
2017 - Mayne, Wells & Dunn

12/16 are fails (and that's generously classing Crisp as a pass)

Unbelievable as it seems, I've been defending Bucks to my Collingwood friend for months.......she wants him gone, but I say most of the blame must lay at the feet of the recruiters.

I've had the belief that the coach tells them what they need, and the list manager goes and gets them. (basically, maybe not quite that simple but that's it in a nutshell)

Seems to me they need to clean out the whole footy dept, including the list manager. Bucks can only work with what he has. No-one would get that lot to a premiership.

Unbelievable as it seems, I've been defending Bucks to my Collingwood friend for months.......she wants him gone, but I say most of the blame must lay at the feet of the recruiters.

I've had the belief that the coach tells them what they need, and the list manager goes and gets them. (basically, maybe not quite that simple but that's it in a nutshell)

Seems to me they need to clean out the whole footy dept, including the list manager. Bucks can only work with what he has. No-one would get that lot to a premiership.
I think the way it would work would be the head coach would sit down with his HOF and list management team and discuss what their needs were draft/trading wise and they would then relay onto the recruitment staff/scouts etc. what type of player they would like, head coaches would have virtually zero input as far as a particular player was concerned on draft night but would have some say re trading.

Fagan has stated that he is after players with elite disposal skills. He would not be saying stuff like I want Cerra over Dow to his staff with that responsibility.

My 2 cents worth.

Adams is an absolute shocking kick for a so called "gun midfielder".

Watching their game against the Bombers, geez James Stewart would have been a handy father/son for them up forward. It made me go and check who they ignored him for in that draft... Maynard.

Derek Hine is a master recruiter and all that though...

Denham on SEN said something along the lines of Hine being in trouble at the end of the year due to the review that they are having.
Also said the James Aish trade was a shocker because the poor kid can't play.

I am suddenly finding myself warming to Mr Denham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back