Norf and the 2011 Doom Cycle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you should reconsider your decision.

Your coach has done nothing amazing to deserve any sort of recognition, Even if he does want to be a part of the club, just wait until next year when you once again fall below the top 8 and suddenly you and the rest of your Norf supporters turn on your coach.

In addition your "new" training facilities are no better than the local North Melbourne bowls club. All of you Norf supporters believe your facilities are amazing when in actual fact a basketball court, some new tables and chairs is not worth even bringing up. I suggest you refrain from bringing up any talk of new facilities next time to avoid embarrassment.

As for your exciting young list. I'll at least say you have some players which brighten your clubs very bleak future. Your midfield could potentially be very good. But as for the other 70% of your list. You have no great future power forwards and your small forwards don't have anything to special going for them either. Your so called future power house player, in Majak Daw has played no AFL games, but for some reason your club loves to pump him up to appear as some sort of prodigy.

Finally any talk of membership from a Norf supporter is laughable. For a team that has had over a century to gain support it struggles to have more members than a team established in the 80's. Your future in the AFL is doomed and if those generous people who purchase sympathy memberships from your club stopped doing so, your membership tally would never reach 30000 again and so the death of the North Melbourne Football club would come much quicker, to the delight of everyone in Australia who does not support NORF
lol at this noob.
First of all our coach guided us from 13th to 9th and 11 wins missing finals on merely percentage whilst completley re-inventing our game plan.
Our facilities are far and beyond better than the dawks, so you should save yourself future embarrasment and shut up.
lol "no future power forwards" we have hansen and black not to mention future father son luke mcdonald but i won't rely on him as he is only 16 atm but a lot of hype early. No small forwards? mate surely you have heard of boomer or do you not watch our team? him coupled with thomas and adams are 3 deadly small forwards, you name 3 small forwards of your own and we will see how they compare.
They have been saying we were doomed for the last 10 years yet we are not.
btw how did it feel losing to us this year?
on your way newbie

Your coach has done nothing amazing to deserve any sort of recognition, Even if he does want to be a part of the club, just wait until next year when you once again fall below the top 8 and suddenly you and the rest of your Norf supporters turn on your coach.

In addition your "new" training facilities are no better than the local North Melbourne bowls club. All of you Norf supporters believe your facilities are amazing when in actual fact a basketball court, some new tables and chairs is not worth even bringing up. I suggest you refrain from bringing up any talk of new facilities next time to avoid embarrassment.

As for your exciting young list. I'll at least say you have some players which brighten your clubs very bleak future. Your midfield could potentially be very good. But as for the other 70% of your list. You have no great future power forwards and your small forwards don't have anything to special going for them either. Your so called future power house player, in Majak Daw has played no AFL games, but for some reason your club loves to pump him up to appear as some sort of prodigy.

Finally any talk of membership from a Norf supporter is laughable. For a team that has had over a century to gain support it struggles to have more members than a team established in the 80's. Your future in the AFL is doomed and if those generous people who purchase sympathy memberships from your club stopped doing so, your membership tally would never reach 30000 again and so the death of the North Melbourne Football club would come much quicker, to the delight of everyone in Australia who does not support NORF

Fascinating insight:thumbsu:

The way you've put that synopsis together, you do appear to be quite the intellectual. Looking forward to reading more of your work:thumbsu::thumbsu:

ok its official everyone, the lone wolf is gogriff. I have never seen an opposition supporter so obsessed and filled with so much hate towards north except for go griff and the lone wolf.
Therefore gogriffs alias is the lone wolf.

PMSL!!! Nice one. :D

You Kangawhore supporters, do crack me up. :D

Did you miss all the coverage on TV and the newpapers 12 months ago when the new Arden St facility was unveiled. Even I got a little sick of it to be honest.

Nah, I turn the TV off, whenever the Norf Melvin Kangawhores come on the TV, except when they're getting flogged of course. :thumbsu:

lol at this noob.
First of all our coach guided us from 13th to 9th and 11 wins missing finals on merely percentage whilst completley re-inventing our game plan.
Our facilities are far and beyond better than the dawks, so you should save yourself future embarrasment and shut up.
lol "no future power forwards" we have hansen and black not to mention future father son luke mcdonald but i won't rely on him as he is only 16 atm but a lot of hype early. No small forwards? mate surely you have heard of boomer or do you not watch our team? him coupled with thomas and adams are 3 deadly small forwards, you name 3 small forwards of your own and we will see how they compare.
on your way newbie

Lol that 'noob' has been a member here longer than you. Is it really a suprise that your coach brought a new gamestyle? Isn't that the whole point of a new coach. Your team underperformed last year having finished 8th in 2008. Seeing as you still had the majority of that team it was no suprise that you were still average enough to be a less than okay team in 2010.

Your examples of true power fowards a poor at best. Hansen has played for four seasons and still has a career goal tally well below 50 goals. Black hasn't even played a game yet and could well be as awesome as Mitch Thorpe. Boomer is at the twilight of his career and when he retires your going to have a foward line that is built around thomas:eek:.

I'm so sick of hearing Norf talk about their 'state of the art' facilities. Your standards are so low from the previous set up at arden street that a single treadmills would have been seen as 'futuristic'. In 5 years time when every other club has been able to update their facilities without significant government support or AFL charity Norf will again lag behind everyone else. That is of course if you are still in existance in 5 years.

Lol that 'noob' has been a member here longer than you. Is it really a suprise that your coach brought a new gamestyle? Isn't that the whole point of a new coach. Your team underperformed last year having finished 8th in 2008. Seeing as you still had the majority of that team it was no suprise that you were still average enough to be a less than okay team in 2010.

Your examples of true power fowards a poor at best. Hansen has played for four seasons and still has a career goal tally well below 50 goals. Black hasn't even played a game yet and could well be as awesome as Mitch Thorpe. Boomer is at the twilight of his career and when he retires your going to have a foward line that is built around thomas:eek:.

I'm so sick of hearing Norf talk about their 'state of the art' facilities. Your standards are so low from the previous set up at arden street that a single treadmills would have been seen as 'futuristic'. In 5 years time when every other club has been able to update their facilities without significant government support or AFL charity Norf will again lag behind everyone else. That is of course if you are still in existance in 5 years.
lol , that sums up your post. :eek:

lol at this noob.
on your way newbie

'Lol at this noob' is the best you've got. At least i stated some facts in my argument instead of your pathetic attempts to insult me personally.

lol , that sums up your post. :eek:

In some ways, the new facilities at Oil Drum Lane are the worst possible thing that could have happened to Norf.

You did not need them in the 1990s – the dynasty made do with the hovel, the used syringes/condoms on the ground and Carey’s boob grabbing in the carpark. Yep it is all too easy to focus on all that shiny new equipment and stuff (what a word) and not ask the harder questions: How is Norf going to stay viable as a Club? Sausage sizzles aside, how does Norf eliminate its debt and do so for good? How can Norf expand its membership base? What is the best catchment area for kids (hint: it ain't the suburb of Norf Melbourne)?

The best facilities in the world are not going to save Norf. In its own way, it’s the reverse sucker’s punch.

Hosting two games in Hobart against GWS & GC17 before a crowd of 5000 people in sub-polar conditions is a feeble answer and I do not even know what it is trying to address, question-wise.

Sad stuff.

Biffinator.

Next time you post, please delete half of it. ^^^ just wasn't worth that many words.

it is funny that my club is the subject of so much obsession that you feel you have to write so much. If only you had anything worthwhile to contribute.

In terms of the comment about Brad Scott - be honest, at the start of the year, where did you tip North to finish in 2010? I bet it wasn't ninth. Are you saying we should have made eight and failed??

In some ways, the new facilities at Oil Drum Lane are the worst possible thing that could have happened to Norf.

You did not need them in the 1990s – the dynasty made do with the hovel, the used syringes/condoms on the ground and Carey’s boob grabbing in the carpark. Yep it is all too easy to focus on all that shiny new equipment and stuff (what a word) and not ask the harder questions: How is Norf going to stay viable as a Club? Sausage sizzles aside, how does Norf eliminate its debt and do so for good? How can Norf expand its membership base? What is the best catchment area for kids (hint: it ain't the suburb of Norf Melbourne)?

The best facilities in the world are not going to save Norf. In its own way, it’s the reverse sucker’s punch.

Hosting two games in Hobart against GWS & GC17 before a crowd of 5000 people in sub-polar conditions is a feeble answer and I do not even know what it is trying to address, question-wise.

Sad stuff.

Biffinator.

Reading the dribble on this thread is strangely addictive:eek:

Looking forward to tomorrow's installment:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor old Melbourne.

Disowned by the MCC, years of failure lead to begging Hawthorn to merge, but alas rejected again, then more years of failure offield/onfield.

Cue the tanking, cue more begging to the MCC, the AFL. The list of monumental shitness is seemingly endless.

Lucky you're called Melbourne because anybody else with such a tragic history would have been shipped off long, long ago.

Just ask any South or Fitzroy supporter.

All this would be funny if it wasn't so utterly pathetic really.

No doubt Norf will continue to hit up the Victorian Gov. looking some games in Ballarat, much in the same way JB and Eugene have pestered the Tassie Gov. (why did Eugene lie to you in that e-mail SLF? I thought it was just us flogs and the "media beating the same old drum" about Norf selling its soul to Tassie :eek:) into some sympathy games.

How's this for the inevitable 2014 schedule Norf fans:

2 Games in Tassie :thumbsu:
3 Games in Ballarat :thumbsu:
2 Games in Canberra :thumbsu:
2 Games on the GC :thumbsu:
and 2 games at the Dome. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

This is eventually how Norf's home games will be dividy up. It may look like the NAB Challenge (for teams that are knocked out of the NAB cup), but its the only way they can pay the rent at the Dome.

Its such a shame Norf cant get these guys down to "Rock Arden Street" with the rest of that huge cast they put together:

traveling-wilburys.jpg

Norf, much like George Harrison and Roy Orbison were part of a group known as the Traveling Wilbury's before passing away not long after.

Sad Stuff indeed Biff, sad stuff indeed.

Poor old Melbourne.

Disowned by the MCC, years of failure lead to begging Hawthorn to merge, but alas rejected again, then more years of failure offield/onfield.

Cue the tanking, cue more begging to the MCC, the AFL. The list of monumental shitness is seemingly endless.

Lucky you're called Melbourne because anybody else with such a tragic history would have been shipped off long, long ago.

Just ask any South or Fitzroy supporter.

All this would be funny if it wasn't so utterly pathetic really.

Let me get this straight!

A Norf supporter having a crack at the Dee's :D:D

Last time I checked the Premiership Table it was 12 to 4 in the Dee's favor

Admittedly the Dee's have not enjoyed recent success;

But over their long history they have raised the most prized cup in Australian Football 12 times, and look to be an almost certainty to make the 8 in 2011 with their young crop of very promising youngsters.

What have Norf done?

4 flags and eternally blaming others for their constant misfortune.

I suspect I know what camp most football supporters would rather be in, if they had to choose between the Dee's and Norf :rolleyes:

Norf Supporters: "Its like shooting fish in a barrel"

But over their long history they have raised the most prized cup in Australian Football 12 times, and look to be an almost certainty to make the 8 in 2011 with their young crop of very promising youngsters.

What have Norf done?

Yep you got it straight.:thumbsu:

Do you really want to go with the premiership argument?:eek:

Last time I checked the Dees were a powerhouse of a state comp with 12 premierships, Ron Barassi was a young gun and Norm Smith didn't have a medal named in his honour.

Sadly for the Silver Spoons, shit got real, the comp went national and the once powerful club came back to earth with a shattering thud.

Luckily they're a foundation club and have lived off the fact that they can survive despite being a complete joke.

AFL Premierships: MLB- 0 NM-2.

What have Norf done?

I suspect I know what camp most football supporters would rather be in, if they had to choose between the Dee's and Norf :rolleyes:

Norf Supporters: "Its like shooting fish in a barrel"

When you consider Melbourne won most of their flags during and immediately after wars, in fact 8 of their 12 were during and straight after WW2 when most teams were decimated and the populaion had higher priorities but Melbourne decided to buck the trend and chipscabbed flags to fill the coffers.

Melbourne's history is as tragic as it comes. What they need is another world war to come along so they can chipscab a few more.

I bet the silver tails down at Casey are hoping Kim Jong Il goes balistic to brighten the future for the Casey Demons.

So much ignorance, obsession and bile from the serial North haters. It seems they're genuinely upset at the idea that North might have secured a deal that helps reduce debt, and ensure the club's long-term viability. :)

Luckily they're a foundation club and have lived off the fact that they can survive despite being a complete joke.

AFL Premierships: MLB- 0 NM-2.

Why do some Norf supporters continue to say crap like this. You are no better, probably worse. At least Melbourne's long premiership drought can be used as an excuse for their previously dire financial and supporter state. However they have rallied together and got themselves out of the hole without a great deal of on field success this year.

Norf on the other hand have won 4 premierships since Melbourne's last with the last one as recent as 11 years ago and you are in an even worse position. If Norf supporter insults Melbourne about their poor state they obviously have no idea about their own club.

Next time you post, please delete half of it. ^^^ just wasn't worth that many words.

it is funny that my club is the subject of so much obsession that you feel you have to write so much. If only you had anything worthwhile to contribute.

In terms of the comment about Brad Scott - be honest, at the start of the year, where did you tip North to finish in 2010? I bet it wasn't ninth. Are you saying we should have made eight and failed??

I wish i wouldn't have to write so much but i had to get it all out before Norf is no longer. And what do you mean nothing worthwhile, i complemented your midfield, funny how so much criticism forces even Norf's few supporters to turn on their own team.

And the part about Brad Scott, im not saying you should of made the eight, (did you even read what i wrote?:confused:) im saying that Brad Scott has hardly done enough to be given the amount of credit he has received.

The glory days of Norf are gone. No longer do you have coke snorting, wife stealing and women beating King Carey. the Roos have been on a downward spiral ever since those 'good days':confused:. Times are tough for Norf and their only going to get worse. Your supporting a lost cause

Why do some Norf supporters continue to say crap like this. You are no better, probably worse. At least Melbourne's long premiership drought can be used as an excuse for their previously dire financial and supporter state. However they have rallied together and got themselves out of the hole without a great deal of on field success this year.

Norf on the other hand have won 4 premierships since Melbourne's last with the last one as recent as 11 years ago and you are in an even worse position. If Norf supporter insults Melbourne about their poor state they obviously have no idea about their own club.

mmmm i second this act

Your club won 5 flags in 10 years and you nearly folded and considered merging with Melbourne in 1996. Please explain

When you consider Melbourne won most of their flags during and immediately after wars, in fact 8 of their 12 were during and straight after WW2 when most teams were decimated and the populaion had higher priorities but Melbourne decided to buck the trend and chipscabbed flags to fill the coffers.
Bigeasy, with all due respect, this is why you will always be a minnow both inside and outside of the Bay. In fact I don't even know why you bother posting at all.

In no way do I wish to turn such a subject into a pissing contest but I really think you should peruse this link in your own time. Look at how many MFC players lost their lives in active service in WW2.

Many players from many clubs, too many in fact, didn't get to return to their beloved footy clubs. A loss to the game in general. MFC were one such club who lost more than their fare share and I believe had 1 of the bigger contingents that served in general in WW2.

Mocking our history is your choice I suppose. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back