2nds North Adelaide vs Port Adelaide - Round 13 @ Prospect

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like we played around with the magnates?

TMac to wing, Walsh to KPF, McEntee to the centre square. Was Clurey back then?

How did Charleston, Lorenz and Anasta go?

What did Walsh look like as a forward?
Walsh kicked a couple. Was not as prolific as when played in defence, but was vital IMO to helping us keep a forward structure throughout the game.

Anasta looked slow all game, both in leg speed, evasive ability and decision making. Almost every possession resulted in him getting tackled half-a-second later. Just doesn't look capable yet of accelerating away or baulking out of traffic. I was most disappointed in him and Scully, because this week - unlike previous weeks - the ball actually spent enough time in our forward line.

Charleson was ok, but as in previous games, looks vanilla to me. There's nothing mercurial about him so far. No wow-factor. I don't think he or Anasta would be able to cope with the speed of AFL matches. Don't know how much they will improve to get to that level either.

Lorenz was fair, although not as good as prior weeks. Did a couple of very decent things though and still looks a solid wing prospect.

Best Maggies game I have watched in a long time.

Loved the last qtr .. didnt score too much, but played a great defensive game & held North at bay, maintaining that lead.

Both teams played accountable football for once ... What happen Port?
The head honchos at Port will be distraught that we could miss the wooden spoon.

Why is McEntee playing in the midfield when his position at AFL is forward?

That defeats the entire purpose of aligning to the AFL first.

No it doesn't. If we don't have enough quality mids why not? Aaron Young played midfield at sanfl and forward at afl. L Jones has been thrown in the middle and made a positive difference to win the game. J Sinn plays better football when he's gone into the middle, as have F Evans and D Williams. A couple of years back M Bergman won us a game in the last quarter from the middle.

No it doesn't. If we don't have enough quality mids why not? Aaron Young played midfield at sanfl and forward at afl. L Jones has been thrown in the middle and made a positive difference to win the game. J Sinn plays better football when he's gone into the middle, as have F Evans and D Williams. A couple of years back M Bergman won us a game in the last quarter from the middle.

McEntee could average 40 possessions as a midfielder in the SANFL for all I care and that would be meaningless if he were to return to the AFL side to play as a forward.

McEntee could average 40 possessions as a midfielder in the SANFL for all I care and that would be meaningless if he were to return to the AFL side to play as a forward.
McEntee might go forward when Nick Moore comes back with Short and Jackson in there which I think is ok.

He's an sanfl midfielder that we drafted and plonked into an afl reserves forward role, by which he struggled to show much, and then promoted to play an afl forward role where he's showed limitations. I reckon making a difference in the sanfl midfield is more meaningful.

I was pleasantly surprised by the number of firsts players at the game. From memory, Logan Evans, Sweet, Lachie Jones, Mead, Sinn, Burgoyne, Bergman, Esava and DBJ. Probably missed one or two players.

McKenzie was at the game as part of the magpies coaching group. Maybe a sign of things to come.

Anasta looked slow all game, both in leg speed, evasive ability and decision making.

Heard Bickley say a few years ago it's about now in a season when a lot of kids hit the wall.

1st AFL pre-season then the rigours of professional footy. For most it's a big ask.

I was pleasantly surprised by the number of firsts players at the game. From memory, Logan Evans, Sweet, Lachie Jones, Mead, Sinn, Burgoyne, Bergman, Esava and DBJ. Probably missed one or two players.

McKenzie was at the game as part of the magpies coaching group. Maybe a sign of things to come.
For home games they are always watching from the Port HQ balcony when they can.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm glad he's playing midfield because people will get a better guide as to whether he has the ability to be an attacking threat with the ball.

Ollie Lord was pumping them up at 3/4 time. Tredders was there too.
My son played mini league at half time, felt a bit gross with a north jumper on!!
I had my hopes for Surj but they were a rabble. Sitting on the boundary I’ve never seen a team complain as much as they did to the umpires. Every single contest they sooked. Ramsay was the worst at it.

To be fair he is a midfielder. But there are only so many midfield spots in the AFL side. Its already staked with Butters, Horne-Francis, Rozee, Wines, Drew. Any mid that comes in will not get any midfield time.

Disagree. Get out AFL players where the ball is, have them find form by winning it and affecting a game. I think one of our problems has been not doing this and having AFL fringe players wasting away in half forward or half back positions while an undermanned midfield gets creamed.
The best preparation is winning. You're wearing the PBs. Get out best players at this level where the ball is and win some games for a change.

I'm guessing at the end they didn't even know the words..... :(

Despite all the list changeover and the rare times we win these days, someone should be telling them to remember the line “While our players keep on fighting” off by heart.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds North Adelaide vs Port Adelaide - Round 13 @ Prospect

Remove this Banner Ad

Back