North Melbourne Priority Pick 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

And whose fault is that? The AFL's? The rest of the comp's? You can't gut your list in one off season and then expect the AFL to bail you out because you couldn't replace all those spuds that you willingly drafted/traded for with superstars immediately. It's ******* madness.
Madness is also delisting Tom cutler and potentially replacing him with Tom phillips. Tell me how that makes your club any better?

Long, long time ago

Well run clubs shouldn't be penalised by rewarding poorly managed clubs with PPs. Personally I had no problem with the pick 19 awarded to Brisbane after the "Go home five" episode nor the package awarded to Gold Coast who were dreadfully poorly set up by the AFL and operate in hostile NRL territory.

The previous largesse extended to many clubs was BS, that North didn't get one in those days is bad luck, the AFL world has moved on

An awful lot of North posters had convinced themselves they were getting multiple high picks for having turned themselves into trash, taunted every poster from other clubs gloating about what they were getting - deluded thinking it turns out, all those other clubs posters having a quiet chuckle about the now fuming North gloaters, cheers :)
You’re just cut your club never got a priority pick after half your club left thanks to the infamous camp after the 2017 grand final, that’s a lot worse then gutting a list full of players who haven’t done much since at other clubs

Are we cutting half our list, begging for priority picks and then sooking about the outcome?

I'll wait.
Go through the list of players north delisted or traded in the past two years and tell me how many have played decent footy besides brown and mason wood? I’ll wait just like you’re still waiting to win a final and king hird to come back

Go through the list of players north delisted or traded in the past two years and tell me how many have played decent footy besides brown and mason wood? I’ll wait just like you’re still waiting to win a final and king hird to come back
Yeah see my earlier post. You don't get to cut half your list that you drafted/traded of your own free will and then beg for handouts because you're still useless as a result. Jog on.

Last edited:
Are we cutting half our list, begging for priority picks and then sooking about the outcome?

I'll wait.
Who's sooking?

North Melbourne CEO Ben Amarfio said the club now has some clarity as it heads towards this year’s trade period.

“We thank the AFL for considering our submission,” Amarfio said. “We feel like we had a strong case for some on-field assistance based on our recent performances.

“We’re one of very few clubs to have never received priority selections previously. This will now give us some real flexibility as we look to add some experience to our young and talented list.

“James Gallagher and our list team have worked hard to get this package across the line and we now look ahead to the upcoming trade period.”

I've had a lot of laughs about this announcement following the taunts and jeers of North posters confidently claiming they are getting their first round priority pick that is rightfully theirs.

However, I do feel bad for them. Every year we have to endure the supreme confidence of North fans claiming that this is the year they get their prized target:

Dustin Martin
Josh Kelly
Andrew Gaff
Priority picks
War chests
"It's happening"

What's the outcome?
Jared Polec
Dom Tyson
Aaron Hall
Aiden Corr
Aiden Bonar
Lachie Young
Jayden Stephenson
Callum Coleman Jones.
Future 2nd
Future 3rd
Few other duds not worth mentioning.

So at the end of the day it looks like their exhaulted "big fish" is Griffen Logue, paid for by the AFL.

They just cannot attract serious talent. It's a shame. Hopefully with Clarko they can attract some decent players in the future and their draftees develop.
Your mob were pitied a lot longer then just about every team.
20 years of false hope, messiahs in Chris Judd and mick malthouse getting the club nowhere, the player traded for Judd becoming one of the best forwards of the last 15 years while your mob struggled to kick goals, multiple players leaving the club every year for better things, a bunch of failed draft picks and gws rejects, the brownlow medalist and Coleman medalist in one year still not amounting to finals etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah see my earlier post. You don't get to cut half your list that you drafted/traded of your own free will and then beg for handouts because you're useless as a result. Jog on.
Your argument makes no sense at all, by your logic the club should have keep a stack of players that we’re gonna take them nowhere just like your club has for so long and still have nothing to show for it.

As a neutral observer, I believe this was a gutless decision by the AFL commission, one short sighted, Gil and his cronies were too scared of the other clubs.

I also believe this decision does not bode well for Tasmania and their bid for an AFL license. If the other clubs didn't want this or next year's draft comprised by North getting a bonus pick or two, it's hard to see how they will let Tassie19 gut the national draft for 2 or 3 consecutive years either

North fans have every right to feel jibbed.

Your mob were pitied a lot longer then just about every team.
20 years of false hope, messiahs in Chris Judd and mick malthouse getting the club nowhere, the player traded for Judd becoming one of the best forwards of the last 15 years while your mob struggled to kick goals, multiple players leaving the club every year for better things, a bunch of failed draft picks and gws rejects, the brownlow medalist and Coleman medalist in one year still not amounting to finals etc
Oh I can talk for years about the failures of the Carlton Football Club over the past 20 years.

But for right now, we are on the right track. I'd also love to go through lists of players we've attracted in contrast to North, even during our down years.

And would love you to name players who have left Carlton since 2015.

Anyways, there will be a Carlton thread on Bigfooty if you'd like to discuss further. I'm posting in a North Melbourne thread.

Oh I can talk for years about the failures of the Carlton Football Club over the past 20 years.

But for right now, we are on the right track. I'd also love to go through lists of players we've attracted in contrast to North, even during our down years.

And would love you to name players who have left Carlton since 2015.

Anyways, there will be a Carlton thread on Bigfooty if you'd like to discuss further. I'm posting in a North Melbourne thread.
Yeah well you would think a supporter of a team who has been in a worse position for longer would be understanding, it’s not as if all is forgotten when your club didn’t even make signals this year and crumbled in the second half of the year, that’s all for another time, actually achieve something and then go saying you’re on the right track

As a neutral observer, I believe this was a gutless decision by the AFL commission, one short sighted, Gil and his cronies were too scared of the other clubs.

I also believe this decision does not bode well for Tasmania and their bid for an AFL license. If the other clubs didn't want this or next year's draft comprised by North getting a bonus pick or two, it's hard to see how they will let Tassie19 gut the national draft for 2 or 3 consecutive years either

North fans have every right to feel jibbed.

Clubs will be more reasonable for a new club, not so much one where it in general was self inflicted to a large degree. Could they have used Brown, etc.

Feel they got this right, give them picks but they must be traded they don’t need more kids- they need experience.

Anyone sooking in this thread had nothing to do with delisting a dozen journeymen and requesting a draft assistance package.
Oh okay so their copious shitposting pre AFL decision to not reward cutting half your list of spuds at once should just be ignored?

Also hilarious to see you quoting the CEO that has just 'resigned' ahead of the saviour's appointment. I guess I should be congratulating you on your imminent 3peat :$

Yeah well you would think a supporter of a team who has been in a worse position for longer would be understanding, it’s not as if all is forgotten when your club didn’t even make signals this year and crumbled in the second half of the year, that’s all for another time, actually achieve something and then go saying you’re on the right track
Understanding? There's a reason I'm posting about the failures of North Melbourne. Let's just say you haven't been the most Understanding bunch.

Oh okay so their copious shitposting pre AFL decision to not reward cutting half your list of spuds at once should just be ignored?

Also hilarious to see you quoting the CEO that has just 'resigned' ahead of the saviour's appointment. I guess I should be congratulating you on your imminent 3peat :$
I'm sure the copious shitposting was largely confined to this thread, which is marked on the tin. You want to read it, that's up to you.
I'm just saying the club, which made the list decisions, isn't sooking it up. They just said thanks and that they'll roll up their sleeves.
Personally I think it's irrelevant what our list decisions were. Every team that finds itself in our position has screwed the pooch somewhere along the way. I wouldn't say it was the delisting, but the drafting and development that was the issue. In any case I haven't seen anything from the AFL to say it was a consideration in their decision.
Amarfio has given notice, but he's the CEO until the end of the month, so remains the voice of the club.

I'm hoping we bring in your ex coach considering what he did with your flogstain of a list.
Left it in such a state that we needed to cull it “dramatically” are you sure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back