North Melbourne Priority Pick 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a lot of laughs about this announcement following the taunts and jeers of North posters confidently claiming they are getting their first round priority pick that is rightfully theirs.

However, I do feel bad for them. Every year we have to endure the supreme confidence of North fans claiming that this is the year they get their prized target:

Dustin Martin
Josh Kelly
Andrew Gaff
Priority picks
War chests
"It's happening"

What's the outcome?
Jared Polec
Dom Tyson
Aaron Hall
Aiden Corr
Aiden Bonar
Lachie Young
Jayden Stephenson
Callum Coleman Jones.
Future 2nd
Future 3rd
Few other duds not worth mentioning.

So at the end of the day it looks like their exhaulted "big fish" is Griffen Logue, paid for by the AFL.

They just cannot attract serious talent. It's a shame. Hopefully with Clarko they can attract some decent players in the future and their draftees develop.

Lmfao fml it’s all true

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've had a lot of laughs about this announcement following the taunts and jeers of North posters confidently claiming they are getting their first round priority pick that is rightfully theirs.

However, I do feel bad for them. Every year we have to endure the supreme confidence of North fans claiming that this is the year they get their prized target:

Dustin Martin
Josh Kelly
Andrew Gaff
Priority picks
War chests
"It's happening"

What's the outcome?
Jared Polec
Dom Tyson
Aaron Hall
Aiden Corr
Aiden Bonar
Lachie Young
Jayden Stephenson
Callum Coleman Jones.
Future 2nd
Future 3rd
Few other duds not worth mentioning.

So at the end of the day it looks like their exhaulted "big fish" is Griffen Logue, paid for by the AFL.

They just cannot attract serious talent. It's a shame. Hopefully with Clarko they can attract some decent players in the future and their draftees develop.

This will be hard to top as Melt of the Thread, but I have faith

After going back only a couple of pages from today, I withdraw my last post. Melt of the Thread is highly competitive; lots of strong contenders lol

The AFL have probably helped you out here, North now have more currency to offer. Future 2nd seems about right. Stops North walking him to the PSD which I doubt the AFL would take kindly to.
Future second for a pick 8 just hitting his prime? Get your hand… oh username definitely checks out.

Do something about it this year, unlike last year when you gave a cheap hit to the Pies and Dogs, this year make sure you bid on Ashcroft at pick 1 to make sure you cause maximum pain.

That was a big mistake last year, just so you could anoint the petulant JHF as pick one.
Whether we bid or not doesn't change the fact that they aren't accessible to North.

Bidding on Ashcroft, Daicos or Darcy literally does nothing for us other than negatively affect our trading relationships with other clubs.

Is that all they got? I thought they were getting pick 2?
Ziebell crusaded long and hard but could not come through with the goods in the end.

Nevertheless, a future second and third rounder is still handy for trade purposes and glad it will be used to bring in some ready made talent as that is actually what they needed more help with.

Would not sneeze at the extra rookie list spots too. That can be handy if used well by new list management regime whenever they appointed.

Was, and we've been cutting away deadwood because we're paying for being competitive and mid table at a time when the draft was the most compromised.

Happy doing it harder, will taste sweeter.

One club in the GF benefited from the F/S rule, as well as Ablett going back and forth, the other doing pretty well with their academy and cost of living allowance.

Is what it is.

What cost of living allowance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back