North Melbourne Priority Pick 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can they trade those picks for picks or just ready made/experienced players ?

By the look of it, the trade has to include at least one player, but it doesn't say it can only be for a player, so player + pick(s) seems within the scope.

So some manipulation is possible, but the picks probably aren't high enough for anything too egregious.

Whether we bid or not doesn't change the fact that they aren't accessible to North.

Bidding on Ashcroft, Daicos or Darcy literally does nothing for us other than negatively affect our trading relationships with other clubs.
Daicos and Darcy were the two best players in last years draft, you could have legitimately bid on both before taking JHF. In this game you don't give free hits to oppo clubs.

We bid on JUH at pick 1 to make sure the Dogs didn't get him cheap, Dees bid on Mills at pick 3 to make sure Swans didn't get him cheap, there's probably other high draft examples I can't readily think of.

If you don't bid on Ashcroft who is the best player in this draft then you are giving Brisbane a free hit to get Dunkley and another teens rated F/S in Fletcher.

Daicos and Darcy were the two best players in last years draft, you could have legitimately bid on both before taking JHF. In this game you don't give free hits to oppo clubs.

We bid on JUH at pick 1 to make sure the Dogs didn't get him cheap, Dees bid on Mills at pick 3 to make sure Swans didn't get him cheap, there's probably other high draft examples I can't readily think of.

If you don't bid on Ashcroft who is the best player in this draft then you are giving Brisbane a free hit to get Dunkley and another teens rated F/S in Fletcher.

Most clubs wont bid on players with pick 1 because they want the PR 'win' of getting (what they can claim to be) the best player in the draft.

The exception is clubs like Adelaide, who control their 'home' market so tightly that they don't need to worry about competing for members/sponsors to nearly the same degree.

Hope someone is checking in on Ziebell and his mental health at this point.
I sense when reality intersected with his delusions it would have been mentally a bit of a whack to the old scone.

Oh Mercenary Hill

Don’t get that signing at all

Hill is very, very good imo - it's just wingmen are generally not worth that price tag.
But when Freo were still in the doldrums I saw him almost singlehandedly win them games (or keep them in it).

With the Clarko signing, and the plethora of high picks from being sh1t for so long - if the AFL have helped North get Hill and Logue for free that's a pretty solid leg up if you ask me.

After going back only a couple of pages from today, I withdraw my last post. Melt of the Thread is highly competitive; lots of strong contenders lol

I think you're conflating 'melts' with 'taunts' and 'gloats'.

It may not have been you, but if you're puzzled by it, the whole "we'll take that too thanks" from North posters when other non-pp suggestions were given as alternatives was the peak of losery entitlement.

After going back only a couple of pages from today, I withdraw my last post. Melt of the Thread is highly competitive; lots of strong contenders lol

For real melts, people should check out the North board.

I recommend visits be read only though, both for BF rules sake and because with this return to reality means they're clearly going through a very tough time.

I think you're conflating 'melts' with 'taunts' and 'gloats'.

It may not have been you, but if you're puzzled by it, the whole "we'll take that too thanks" from North posters when other non-pp suggestions were given as alternatives was the peak of losery entitlement.

But we are entitled to extra picks. And if we decide we want some more next year, we'll take those too. When you're the top dog, you have to throw your weight around.

Hill is very, very good imo - it's just wingmen are generally not worth that price tag.
But when Freo were still in the doldrums I saw him almost singlehandedly win them games (or keep them in it).

With the Clarko signing, and the plethora of high picks from being sh1t for so long - if the AFL have helped North get Hill and Logue for free that's a pretty solid leg up if you ask me.

Hill is good for one thing- never lasting a contract. That is it.

The right outcome.
Even though it effects freo negatively.
It’s what I predicted and was told by north supporters to “suck it up” because the we’re getting first rounders.
People will pull the whattaboutisms because freo got a priority pick in the past.
When freo got theirs our club was 6 years old, no finals, no flags and limited hope.
The Roos dominated the 90s have record membership are debt free have just landed super coach and are a destination club by some reporting.
Freo’s last 6 years in the wilderness the same length as Roos currently our best pick of our own was pick 3 which we split to get more players in at once something I’ve championed north to do.
Freo have been decimated by people leaving over that period(our pick 8 walking to north for a packet of chips) and instead of putting our hand out for help we have just gone back to the draft hoping the newbies bleed purple.
Pick 1 is a massive reward for being shit, you get one of the best two kids in the league or you get trade it for 3 top 15 kids.
Referencing the suns is silly.
As a freo fan with a similar record in our first 10 years I should be filthy with their hand outs so far.
But I accept it because I see the importance of having 2 clubs in Queensland and nsw also they need to be successful for fans to attach to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North fans have been telling me their list isn't a pile of garbage. Now they're telling me that's not the case, I can't keep up....

We could delist 10 tomorrow and I'd suggest we would be no worse off. The issue is though we have another 11 that have 1-19 games under their belts, so we don't know how good or bad they all are.

Then Powell 31 games and Xerri 24 games.

Our list is a mess there is no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back