North Melbourne Priority Pick 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
North have two bad years and all of a sudden it is panic stations.

Try 20 bad years!!

North gave Carlton some beltings within those 20 years as well. There was one match in 2003 which North won by 124 points.

The pain of supporting AFL clubs doesn't seem to be spread around evenly.

And then you have West Coast. They won the premiership in 2018, but they didn't do well this year. Will they need some extra draft picks as well?

Last edited:

The big question now is will north just accept these rubbish picks or will they do something about it !!!
Its a disgrace and north should not be disrespected in this manner.

Throw the picks back at the AFL and tell them you deserve better
Actually Demand it
The picks are tied to our finishing position but it's not clear if they come before or after our natural picks. If they come before I wouldn't be averse to just letting them evaporate.

The picks are tied to our finishing position but it's not clear if they come before or after our natural picks. If they come before I wouldn't be averse to just letting them evaporate.

As much as I'm sure the AFL would love to troll North by going all "lol they come before your pick, jokes on you" I'd suspect they come immediately after.

North have two bad years and all of a sudden it is panic stations.

Try 20 bad years!!

North gave Carlton some beltings within those 20 years as well. There was one match in 2003 which North won by 124 points.

Let other clubs experience a bit of pain ...spread it around a bit.

There is more to come though.....The AFL want to upset the draft order again (all animals are equal, but some are more equal) with a Tasmanian team.

Here we go again. More fiddling, more compromised drafts.
Salary cap cheating is kinda different to poor list management imo

For mine I don’t think the argument is whether we need one it’s that other clubs have in the past got their first round pp and it’s our turn

but now apparently we need to look after the integrity of the draft lol
Wait so whether or not you need one is irrelevant?

Wait so whether or not you need one is irrelevant?
The results dictate we should
9 wins in 3 years. A record low

Whether we actually need one is another question

But some consistency wouldn’t go astray

And for a side that has never had one you’d think it would be more in our favour than what has been given

And for a side that has never had one you’d think it would be more in our favour than what has been given
So do you think North need one?

There's a reason the AFL changed that in 2012 with the backing of every club in the comp.

To clarify - the results do not dictate if you get a priority pick. The AFLs discretion does

(Log in to remove this ad.)

guess first round priority picks are no longer a thing

thats fine but it should have been eligible for clubs that have never received them before phasing them out
Could you please reference the actual rule or policy that stipulates all afl clubs are entitled to one priority pick before phasing out?

Like I don't want an opinion, I want a concrete law of the game. Thanks

The big question now is will north just accept these rubbish picks or will they do something about it !!!
Its a disgrace and north should not be disrespected in this manner.

Throw the picks back at the AFL and tell them you deserve better
Actually Demand it
I'd give them pick 2 if clarko kissed Gil's feet on tv.

Grovel as hard as the legions of North fans on bigfooty

For mine I don’t think the argument is whether we need one it’s that other clubs have in the past got their first round pp and it’s our turn

but now apparently we need to look after the integrity of the draft lol
Its' like you never paid attention to the fact that the Suns package was an exception to the rule, not the rule.

the bit where the AFL say the picks have to be traded for established players to make North better sooner chef's kiss

Talk about sticking it up a club for dismantling their own list by choice then expecting a hand out.
Again not really quibbling about the machinations but this dismantling the list argument is pretty inaccurate, the out and out champions we got rid of were good enough for 17th, the problem wasn’t getting rid of them it was having them on the list in the first place.

But yeah don’t mind the having to trade for a player, I just wanted to clarify that not getting rid of those players would make a difference, we’d likely just be in the same position with what we are in the middle of being experienced in two years time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back