North Melbourne seals Tassie deal

Remove this Banner Ad

An extra 1.5 million per :thumbsu:

Should keep the wolves from the door long enough to sort Ballarat out.

Brilliant, just brilliant!

$1,500,000 for 2 games that would usually lose us money.

JB and Eugene deliver again.

Now all we need to do is stitch up Ballarat for 2-3 games.

Two games for $1.5 mil? Thank you very much. Will build to 3 or 4 I believe. This ia nice start for us. :thumbsu:

Nice result. And thank god for those pathetic, shit stripe wearing hawkies for scuttling the other deal and making this one possible. I might have a shandy to celebrate.

Good news! It makes perfect sense to schedule a game against the Hawks, but also a shame both games aren't ones against Port, Freo, GC or GWS etc. But hey, not looking this gift horse in the mouth.

1)So would we play Hawks in Launie as well? That would give rise to a 3-game membership if reciprocating rights were established. But wouldn't it dilute the so called north-south rivalry. Afterall, Hobart would be getting the Hawks, thereby uniting the state, not dividing it.

2) Could we get down there and sign a few up in this years membership drive? Offer early bird discount or something? You know, get the ball rolling and all.

I was down there this year and the Hawks merchandise vans were operating hand over fist. Would love for North to get that sort of support down there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great deal for us. :looks in cupboard for hidden catch:
The relocation pressure will ramp up again in 2012 and 2013. This time sustained over a few years ratehr than just a few months. AFL HQ will be telling our sponsors and their favoured media personnel the move is on, sponsors will pull and we will be dead. That is the catch, or at least AndyD's plan.

With my Tasmanian hat on, I'm a bit concerned. Northerners won't travel south (except North Melb supporters), and now southerners won't travel north (except Hawthorn supporters). It could see much lower figures for games in the state, as neutral southerners no longer need to go north to see AFL games.
With my North Melbourne hat on, we could face another GC-type crisis through AFL and media pressure if this isn't handled well. Nice cash, but the catch is huge - and anything involving Paul Lennon is guaranteed to reek of corruption of the highest order; that man led a government more bent then Bjelke-Petesen could have ever wet dreamed about, a veritable Vladimir Putin. With a bit of luck, we'll get through it and get to Ballarat.

For most to support this the terms have to be set in stone.
2 games, no more.
750,000 per game increasing to $1.2mill per game, as the club enters a period of success.
The two headed scum shafted us a couple of months ago.
We should not bend over anymore.
Well done JB.

I wonder what North Ballarat will make of this? I wonder what the people of Ballarat will make of this? I wonder what the Victorian State Government will make of this?

Note that this deal needs the State Government of the Map to come to the party.

I hope that our club make it quite clear that Ballarat is the priority and that this Hobart deal is simply a cash grab.

I wonder what North Ballarat will make of this? I wonder what the people of Ballarat will make of this? I wonder what the Victorian State Government will make of this?

Until they get off their arses and give us $750K a game then I couldn't give two ****s what they think.

We're the North Melbourne Football Club, not the Ballarat/Balillieu government Football Club.

Are you suggesting we should have turned our backs on the money because the Ballarat Council would not approve?

Until they get off their arses and give us $750K a game then I couldn't give two ****s what they think.

We're the North Melbourne Football Club, not the Ballarat/Balillieu government Football Club.
That sort of attitude should convince the Liberals to throw money at Ballarat.:thumbsu:

Flaggy said:
Are you suggesting we should have turned our backs on the money because the Ballarat Council would not approve?
I'm just wondering. A bit like back in the day when I used to wonder how it would be like to have sex with Wonder Woman. :stern look

Remove this Banner Ad

North Melbourne seals Tassie deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back