Northern FL Division 2 - 2011 Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw a big win at Thommo today by the bloods. Lalor dominated for 90% of the game. They have a good structure, run hard, use each other and their skills were fantastic compared to the Bears. Might be a tough year for Thommo, they seem to have a lot of big blokes that couldn't keep up with the younger Lalor players. At least the crowd was well-behaved and the players were pretty good as well.
Also, why no scores from Stars vs Bridge?

Both clubs get along very well.Why would there be a problem in the crowd?

Hey control768, who's the big Bosnian?. I heard on the grapevine that Vinnie Hanlan could be taking charge of the demons. didn't Hanlan coach Bullock at Northcote Park. might not be a bad thing, or is Bullock getting the arse as well. Heard the Bosnian and young Rohan Davies had a few stern words in front of everyone at the 3 quarter break. Mernda to relegate to div 3, Parkside to come up.
Any truth to Volpe throwing in the towel after the Aqualina departure?
Also heard that King not happy on high st, could there be a return to shelley park around the corner.

Hey control768, who's the big Bosnian?. I heard on the grapevine that Vinnie Hanlan could be taking charge of the demons. didn't Hanlan coach Bullock at Northcote Park. might not be a bad thing, or is Bullock getting the arse as well. Heard the Bosnian and young Rohan Davies had a few stern words in front of everyone at the 3 quarter break. Mernda to relegate to div 3, Parkside to come up.
Also heard that King not happy on high st, could there be a return to shelley park around the corner.

King getting out of High St would not surprise me! From all reports, the joint is a powder keg. Others may be about to follow, and it may not be of there choosing!

Rohan also had words with the coach behind closed doors after the game, and apolagised for his words on the field, but would not apologise for what was said. Good on him for standin up for for himself and his attitude. Interesting to see the former president and his family at the game.

Epping imploding??, side too good to have the results they have had.
How many times do Mernda and Thomo play as those results will decide who gets relegated I reckon, sad to see Thomo fall so much in two years.

Isn't that the problem though? The focus of the Seniors has been on the 1's only. And getting to div 1 and stuff the rest. No focus on juniors = no future players coming through. Surely they don't expect the good players to hang around in 2nd division for another year?

The departing 17's of last year were asked why they chose to leave and almost to a man they said the reason ws the way the club is run and how badly they were treated. It was not about the players or coaching. The Senior Committee (The Ostrich & The Juggler) had first hand knowledge of how bad the junior committee was and yet reappointed them. They tried to get the parents to launch a coup but were too scared to stand them down themselves.

How they can look themselves in the mirror is beyond me. To let players like Haysey go, along with many decent 1's and 2's players who bled for the club is a disgrace.

The senior committee need to accept full responsibility for the mess they are, senior and junior level. It's a shame a handful of families have destroyed the club, just like they did at our cricket club.

At the end of the day, nothing will change at Pingerland until a new committee steps in with new ideas, and unselfish attitudes.

Focus should always be on the One's but if you allow your two's to get smashed every week, the players who are pushing for the ones, will eventually get the shites and go, no-one likes to get pumped everyweek, no matter which side, division, league you are playing in, two's should bbe about development but no to the detriment of side, the two's side needs to still be competitive enough to win games

Epping imploding??, side too good to have the results they have had.
How many times do Mernda and Thomo play as those results will decide who gets relegated I reckon, sad to see Thomo fall so much in two years.

If they (Epping) do, then won`t have to look far for those responsable. Apparently players were getting dragged and marched upstairs to the coaching box for a spray. Obviously the phone line wasn`t working?

Powder (as in gun powder), Keg (as in large container). Usually takes one to light the fuse, then eventually it explodes! Geez I hope your really young, otherwise I might be showing my age![/quote

Thanks for claifying that. I was miscontruing the word 'powder' for cocaine. FYI, I'm a retired hack of 39 years of age.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Northern Football League Division 1 - Part VI

If they (Epping) do, then won`t have to look far for those responsable. Apparently players were getting dragged and marched upstairs to the coaching box for a spray. Obviously the phone line wasn`t working?

maybe they should have turned the radio on, you could hear the coach over the airwaves.

Re: Northern Football League Division 1 - Part VI

maybe they should have turned the radio on, you could hear the coach over the airwaves.

Perhaps there all deaf, so were required to read his lips? I`m tipping Super will rectify this problem by appointing a runner with the skill of sign language for future games!

Powder (as in gun powder), Keg (as in large container). Usually takes one to light the fuse, then eventually it explodes! Geez I hope your really young, otherwise I might be showing my age![/quote

Thanks for claifying that. I was miscontruing the word 'powder' for cocaine. FYI, I'm a retired hack of 39 years of age.

Easy mistake I suppose. I should get out more!

Is the big Curly playing?

Dont be suprised if he wins the B&F as he is in very good physical shape, and still has the footy smarts! Some people will knock him as it is easy to do, behind the computer BUT he will be a real problem for opp ruckmen.
Matty Rees will win the B&F by a country mile. Curley played at Banyule in a practice match, all he wanted to do was punch-on.

King getting out of High St would not surprise me! From all reports, the joint is a powder keg. Others may be about to follow, and it may not be of there choosing!

wouldnt surprise me either, but not to sure he will go back to shelly park, north heidleberg were terrible against whittlesea on the weekend. harvey was tagged by a very young player and was next to useless. My prediction is north will be joining the likes of epping, lalor etc in divvy2 next year

Hahahaha you would have to be joking surely,Curly played against Banyule and he would have to be the WORST player i have ever seen put on a Mernda jumper!...The former president was a absolute drop-kick!. He abandoned the club and left them with his terrible appointment of curly!. Mernda are still heading to division 3 regardless.they have lost alot of players and were on the brink of losing more be interesting to see if they stick around now curly is out.I Dont think Aqua is playing this year my son is mates with him he mentioned yesterday that he hasnt played a game this year.

Would have to be the best news around the club for a while, Vinnie H , Frankie Collette, or the return of Rohan D to the coaches box????????????????????????????????

Des shud be promoted for his hard work put into the club, and bring frank back as the 2s coach, if not get rohan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back