Northern FL Division 2 - 2011 Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Des shud be promoted for his hard work put into the club, and bring frank back as the 2s coach, if not get rohan
just to clarify mernda employed a new coach,lost majority of their good players,sacked vice president,sacked/quit president,allowed major sponsor and 2's coach to leave disgruntled,and have now decided it is the right time to sack the coach.doesn't seem to make sense or am i missing something.

Almost right, I believe its;

1. Lamaro (old coach) accepts Violet Town Job
2. 6-7 of the top 10 players recieve massive offers from Violet town and accept
2a. 6-7 other top players see the others walk out and figure they might as well do the same.
3. Major Sponsor and 2's coach leaves and tries to poach more players, doesn't actually fulfill the sponsorship promises (eg. Mernda Scoreboard)
4. Curly (new coach) is appointed.
4a. One of the Vice Presidents resign
5. Other VP resigns
6. President Resigns
7. Old regime comes back in town.
8. New coach (Curly) is assholed.
9. Revolving door policy with coaches continues at Mernda.
10. Half a dozen players come back because Curly isn't coaching.
11. Half a dozen players leave because curly isn't coaching.

I think thats about it. Ah well Epping will use them as a springboard for their season next week anyway so who cares what they are doing!
#11 No players would leave if Curly leaves
Unfortunatly Curly has no runs on the board, his fault or not.
The run-in with Rohan at 3/4 time was the final straw, everyone could see it happening,except Curly perhaps, he never had the backing of the players, there was no confidence in him, now lets get back to footy........................

The run-in with Rohan at 3/4 time was the final straw, everyone could see it happening,except Curly perhaps, he never had the backing of the players, there was no confidence in him, now lets get back to footy........................

the hurricane what was the run in with rohan at 3/4 over and who do you think will be the coach of mernda for now?

how did the big fella take the news and who had the pleasure of sacking him?

Almost right, I believe its;

1. Lamaro (old coach) accepts Violet Town Job
2. 6-7 of the top 10 players recieve massive offers from Violet town and accept
2a. 6-7 other top players see the others walk out and figure they might as well do the same.
3. Major Sponsor and 2's coach leaves and tries to poach more players, doesn't actually fulfill the sponsorship promises (eg. Mernda Scoreboard)
4. Curly (new coach) is appointed.
4a. One of the Vice Presidents resign
5. Other VP resigns
6. President Resigns
7. Old regime comes back in town.
8. New coach (Curly) is assholed.
9. Revolving door policy with coaches continues at Mernda.
10. Half a dozen players come back because Curly isn't coaching.
11. Half a dozen players leave because curly isn't coaching.

I think thats about it. Ah well Epping will use them as a springboard for their season next week anyway so who cares what they are doing!
Epping certainly need something to project themselves forward after last weekends flogging......................

This is really interesting this big footy ironhide and the hurricane please give me a call u know nothing about the footy club and to hide behind alias's is a weak effort! As u can c I haven't maybe if some players listened to coaches instructions they might learn more about the game. Please go and find another pres who can make a club $25 k in one year I would love to still b at the club but how can u help a club that doesn't want any help? I suspect u know my number look forward to speaking to u tomorrow.

Where do I start? I cannot believe that you are trying to tell people that you were a half decent pres and bragging about making the club $25K. Other clubs are making 4-5 times that amount! Maybe the reason you have made that money is because you wouldn't even purchase footballs for any of the 3 sides during last season.

If you had half a brain, you would have listened to Lamaro halfway through last season when he wanted to resign the majority of his senior list. Maybe if you showed that you were actually committed to winning a premiership and didn't want to be a second rate side any longer, players would have hung around and been a part of it.

The facts are...you had approx. 25 players leave because of you! It all started at the AGM in October last year that no one knew about. Your own family and best mates took up the majority of the commitee. You clearly lost perspective and only had people that would support your views and not what was best for the club. If you wanted a social event, have a bbq at home.

As for Lamaro, he didn't ask for more money for himself, but for his best players and younger generations to be rewarded in order for the club to grow and youth to stick around. He only took the Violet Town job when you and your sidekick told him to look elsewhere. Then you tried to appeal his clearance by adding to minutes and making fools of you and your sidekick (Dumb and Dumber.) That worked well.

How can you say that you have done so much for the club...look at it now??? You've taken a proud and striving club to it's knees and then left the loyal followers and supporters to fix...great pres!!!! How can you still say that you love the club??? On the weekend, you sat on the opposite side of the ground to Mernda, with your sidekicks, when the last person they want to see is YOU after that you have all done!!

The best thing that has happened to Mernda in the last month...is getting rid of everyone that has left or been sacked! To all the Mernda Players, especially the young guys, do the club proud and keep them in 2nd division for next year. I have no doubt that because of the president's departure the players that have left will return with anybody that will be better than what they had in the last 12 months! Some people have to realise that loving a club doesn't make you a good president. You need to run the club as a business and not just a social event!!

Good luck to the Mernda Boys nad hopefully they appoint a President that will take us where we need to go!!

Where do I start? I cannot believe that you are trying to tell people that you were a half decent pres and bragging about making the club $25K. Other clubs are making 4-5 times that amount! Maybe the reason you have made that money is because you wouldn't even purchase footballs for any of the 3 sides during last season.

If you had half a brain, you would have listened to Lamaro halfway through last season when he wanted to resign the majority of his senior list. Maybe if you showed that you were actually committed to winning a premiership and didn't want to be a second rate side any longer, players would have hung around and been a part of it.

The facts are...you had approx. 25 players leave because of you! It all started at the AGM in October last year that no one knew about. Your own family and best mates took up the majority of the commitee. You clearly lost perspective and only had people that would support your views and not what was best for the club. If you wanted a social event, have a bbq at home.

As for Lamaro, he didn't ask for more money for himself, but for his best players and younger generations to be rewarded in order for the club to grow and youth to stick around. He only took the Violet Town job when you and your sidekick told him to look elsewhere. Then you tried to appeal his clearance by adding to minutes and making fools of you and your sidekick (Dumb and Dumber.) That worked well.

How can you say that you have done so much for the club...look at it now??? You've taken a proud and striving club to it's knees and then left the loyal followers and supporters to fix...great pres!!!! How can you still say that you love the club??? On the weekend, you sat on the opposite side of the ground to Mernda, with your sidekicks, when the last person they want to see is YOU after that you have all done!!

The best thing that has happened to Mernda in the last month...is getting rid of everyone that has left or been sacked! To all the Mernda Players, especially the young guys, do the club proud and keep them in 2nd division for next year. I have no doubt that because of the president's departure the players that have left will return with anybody that will be better than what they had in the last 12 months! Some people have to realise that loving a club doesn't make you a good president. You need to run the club as a business and not just a social event!!

Good luck to the Mernda Boys nad hopefully they appoint a President that will take us where we need to go!!
it seems you love mernda clear logic, why dont u see what its like to run a club and put your hand up mate????

Because im start enough to realise that im not qualified for the job mate. If only some other people were smart enough to relise the same, before they take the job on and ruin a good footy club.
Like i said it's not like back in the day, when anyone could do the job. You now need to not only love the club, but to know how to run the club as a buisness.

Because im start enough to realise that im not qualified for the job mate. If only some other people were smart enough to relise the same, before they take the job on and ruin a good footy club.
Like i said it's not like back in the day, when anyone could do the job. You now need to not only love the club, but to know how to run the club as a buisness.

Now that's clear logic !

This is really interesting this big footy ironhide and the hurricane please give me a call u know nothing about the footy club and to hide behind alias's is a weak effort! As u can c I haven't maybe if some players listened to coaches instructions they might learn more about the game. Please go and find another pres who can make a club $25 k in one year I would love to still b at the club but how can u help a club that doesn't want any help? I suspect u know my number look forward to speaking to u tomorrow.

Life Members attending committe meetings and demanding change and player salary cuts and Angling club re-instatement??

Life members sedning letters and contacting only other Life members that they knew would be supprtive of their coup??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Life Members attending committe meetings and demanding change and player salary cuts and Angling club re-instatement??

Life members sedning letters and contacting only other Life members that they knew would be supprtive of their coup??

Guys, stop it....You're making Epping look like a well run club. :)

Guys, stop it....You're making Epping look like a well run club. :)

For anyone in the area looking for something to do on Good Friday LALOR are running a fund raiser for Codi King at Sydney Cres... Jumping castles for the kids, B.B.Q, face painting etc... All very welcome and ALL money raised from the bar, raffles, entertainment will go to the RCH... Word is that a few cameras will be heading down there and uncle Jake will be making an appearance. Have a good Easter everybody...

Don't worry now Demons..... The spirit on the track was alive and kicking this last week, would have to have been the best so far this season... and I wonder why that might be.....
All the lads are glad to see the back of the recent coaching panel, although I'm sure most players would have agreed to keep on the boxing/fitness trainer Tarko... he was good..
As for you Trent, like everyone pal you did some great things for the club but also some stupid things for the club, no one can question your love for the footy club but I've gotta agree with Clear Logic, in today's game you do have to treat the clubs as a professional business, well that's if you wanna go anywhere...
Enough said, happy Easter to you all and carn the DEMONS!!

Don't worry now Demons..... The spirit on the track was alive and kicking this last week, would have to have been the best so far this season... and I wonder why that might be.....
All the lads are glad to see the back of the recent coaching panel, although I'm sure most players would have agreed to keep on the boxing/fitness trainer Tarko... he was good..
As for you Trent, like everyone pal you did some great things for the club but also some stupid things for the club, no one can question your love for the footy club but I've gotta agree with Clear Logic, in today's game you do have to treat the clubs as a professional business, well that's if you wanna go anywhere...
What happened to Curly & Dean?

Okay, so can you inform us as to who has taken over as coach and if it is permanent or not.

Thoughts on tomorrow's Round 3 matches:
Hurstbridge vs. Thomastown
Back on their mini-ground, the 'Bridges should be able to overcome a spluttering Bears team that could be in for a long season.
Diamond Creek vs. Lower Plenty
Match of the round between two teams who are serious premiership contenders. Have had some very close battles in recent meetings and this shouldn't be any different with the Bears just getting the points.
Epping vs. Mernda
A mid-season change of coach, in this instance after two games, usually brings renewed enthusiasm and the occasional win. If it was at the mushroom park I'd select the Demons, but the Blues are also in disarray and also desperately need a win and at home may just get it.
Lalor vs. Fitzroy Stars
The boys from Victoria Park don't travel too well and have to go into real hostile territory at Sydney crescent. Expect the Bloods to record another mammoth win.

Thoughts on tomorrow's Round 3 matches:
Hurstbridge vs. Thomastown
Back on their mini-ground, the 'Bridges should be able to overcome a spluttering Bears team that could be in for a long season.
Diamond Creek vs. Lower Plenty
Match of the round between two teams who are serious premiership contenders. Have had some very close battles in recent meetings and this shouldn't be any different with the Bears just getting the points.
Epping vs. Mernda
A mid-season change of coach, in this instance after two games, usually brings renewed enthusiasm and the occasional win. If it was at the mushroom park I'd select the Demons, but the Blues are also in disarray and also desperately need a win and at home may just get it.
Lalor vs. Fitzroy Stars
The boys from Victoria Park don't travel too well and have to go into real hostile territory at Sydney crescent. Expect the Bloods to record another mammoth win.

Great effort by the stars.I only arrived just prior to half time,but the boys from Fitzroy had the bloods under pressure for the most and led by 27 points 5 minutes into the last.Don't know why but they then seemed to want to slow the game down and hold possession and a couple of costly turnovers and the Lalor boys absolutely dominated the last 15 minutes.

Lovett was all class as was Proctor and #1 in the back half was pretty good also.Put a key forward in there and they may just trouble most sides. Really good 2nd half of footy.

Saw Hursty v Thommo yesterday, Hurstbridge completely outplayed the young bears. Bridges look alright, I think they may be a smokey for the finals this year we will have to wait and see. Same can't be said for Thomastown. Lacked any real structure and over-used the ball and their skills weren't great. Seemed to just bomb the ball inside fifty and the smart Hurstbridge defenders had a field day. Could Thomastown vs Mernda in Round 7 decide who gets relegated?

Great effort by the stars.I only arrived just prior to half time,but the boys from Fitzroy had the bloods under pressure for the most and led by 27 points 5 minutes into the last.Don't know why but they then seemed to want to slow the game down and hold possession and a couple of costly turnovers and the Lalor boys absolutely dominated the last 15 minutes.

Lovett was all class as was Proctor and #1 in the back half was pretty good also.Put a key forward in there and they may just trouble most sides. Really good 2nd half of footy.

Lalor are looking real good to go straight back up, I didn;t think they could, won;t lose a game on their tiny ground, really looking forward to their return clashes with the Stars at VP and the Lower Plenty fixture,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back