Northern Football League Division 2 - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would expect whittlesea to win by 5 goals.

Macleod will crush Watsonia.
Watsonia's midfield is pretty ordinary and there forwards only kick goals against weak opponents. They were lucky last week.

Macleod to win by 90.

Watsonia's midfield is pretty ordinary and there forwards only kick goals against weak opponents. They were lucky last week.

Macleod to win by 90.

interesting. last time the teams played macleod won by around this margin. macleod have 3 out from that team including there ruckman and an onballer i believe. expect new faces in the watsonia team

my tips 4 this week
macleod will win by 12 goals
and in the match of the round the eagles will book there ticket to cramer st and win by 8 goals.....

CLEOD: Very glad that the weekend is here and a big week of finals footy. The game against Whittlesea will live up to all expectation and we are in for a tight contest.
Here are my tips:

SENIORS

Macleod by 25 pts: Will have been stung into action by last week's close call and Watsonia, though gallant, won't have the firepower to match it with them in the end.

Thomastown by 2 pts: This will be a see-saw battle all day and I feel the Bears will sneak home in a close one.

RESERVES

Mernda by 40 pts: Like Macleod last week, Mernda will have been stung into action by their narrow win and will continue on. Word around the traps is that they feel a grand final berth has opened up for them and Thomastown's injuries will be too much to overcome.

Whittlesea by 60 pts: The form team of the competition and they will book their place into the grand final with ease.

All the best to everyone in the finals race!!!

Macleod to win by 90.

I personally thought Watsonias midfield went alright, with a dominant ruckman in Hogg, and strong onballers including Paladino, Ventura, Parker, Harris, Curran, Hodgson to name a few.

By memory, very few of them played against Macleod last time, my tip it will be closer than expected by many!

CLEOD: Very glad that the weekend is here and a big week of finals footy. The game against Whittlesea will live up to all expectation and we are in for a tight contest.
Here are my tips:

SENIORS

Macleod by 25 pts: Will have been stung into action by last week's close call and Watsonia, though gallant, won't have the firepower to match it with them in the end.

Thomastown by 2 pts: This will be a see-saw battle all day and I feel the Bears will sneak home in a close one.

RESERVES

Mernda by 40 pts: Like Macleod last week, Mernda will have been stung into action by their narrow win and will continue on. Word around the traps is that they feel a grand final berth has opened up for them and Thomastown's injuries will be too much to overcome.

Whittlesea by 60 pts: The form team of the competition and they will book their place into the grand final with ease.

All the best to everyone in the finals race!!!
Whittlesea are hardly the form side. Week off last week, 5 goal loss to the Stars last game of the home and away, 2 narrow wins against Lower and Mernda. As for your word around the traps on Mernda there's no talk of a grand final after last weeks performance.They pulled Mernda's pants down earlier in the year but, came home late and made the score look respectable. Need to put in a good 4Q effort and should come away with a win

Thomo by 21

Mernda by 11

I personally thought Watsonias midfield went alright, with a dominant ruckman in Hogg, and strong onballers including Paladino, Ventura, Parker, Harris, Curran, Hodgson to name a few.

By memory, very few of them played against Macleod last time, my tip it will be closer than expected by many!

watsy MUST tackle really well - superbly to beat macleod
really hard tackles, pinning the ball , inspiring stuff
if they can .. well who knows
if they can't .. macleod will win

Great game today out at epping!
watsy started the game really well hitting the contest real hard and winning the hard ball. but then macleod settled themselfs and hit back on the scoreboard. the game was a bit of a arm wrestle from there on in till the last quarter when macleod opened the margin up to 20 odd points and did well to keep it there for most of the last quarter.
real guttsy win by the macleod boys but much improvment is needed if we are to get over whittleasea or thommo next week. taking nothing away from watsy they played a great game but macleod will have to improve for next weeks prelim final.
better players for macleod today i thort was melican. And shawry did well in the ruck against a quality ruckman in hogg and cottier was running hard all day and played very well.
for watsy hogg played a great game and eccles and ciavola teamed up real well and played a great game

:D
whittlesea have the team and the courage, here's hoping they bring it home.:thumbsu:

whittlesea to win the flag, they look the part for divi one and having all three teams in the finals shows that, as a club, they are ready to advance and can really have a shot up there.
if macleod and thomo both play to their full potential it should make for a great grannie.
well done to mernda today aswell, a good win

Great game today out at epping!
watsy started the game really well hitting the contest real hard and winning the hard ball. but then macleod settled themselfs and hit back on the scoreboard. the game was a bit of a arm wrestle from there on in till the last quarter when macleod opened the margin up to 20 odd points and did well to keep it there for most of the last quarter.
real guttsy win by the macleod boys but much improvment is needed if we are to get over whittleasea or thommo next week. taking nothing away from watsy they played a great game but macleod will have to improve for next weeks prelim final.
better players for macleod today i thort was melican. And shawry did well in the ruck against a quality ruckman in hogg and cottier was running hard all day and played very well.
for watsy hogg played a great game and eccles and ciavola teamed up real well and played a great game

Didnt really notcie Melican throughout the day. Shaw was quiet in the first half, but stood out in 3nd half and took some great grabs. Cottier was the best player for Macleod I thought and you cant leave out Tsingaris who kicked 6.4. 5 of thos coming in tense first half. He kept Macleod going during the first half.
I thought Paladino was best for Watsy, he has best the finals player for the club. Ciavola kicked 7 and Eccles 6.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didnt really notcie Melican throughout the day. Shaw was quiet in the first half, but stood out in 3nd half and took some great grabs. Cottier was the best player for Macleod I thought and you cant leave out Tsingaris who kicked 6.4. 5 of thos coming in tense first half. He kept Macleod going during the first half.
I thought Paladino was best for Watsy, he has best the finals player for the club. Ciavola kicked 7 and Eccles 6.

ive spoken to a few people and no1 really noticed melican but i did and i thort he was good all day. shaw was out matched against hogg but i thort he did a great job all day. and yes cottier probly best on ground and the zeus was fantastic kicking 6.5

interesting to just hear this very second that whittleasea got smashed today by thomo!
sets up a bit prelim whittleasea vs macleod!

OH MY GOD Here comes the history, could be straight out, some questions to be answered Perhaps we thought it would be easy ............. bring mcleod:thumbsu:
Matter of fact no hiding!!!!!!!!! Lift your game eagles or this year will be for nothing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Perhaps we counted are chickens !!
GO THE BUG Fingers crossed

What happened eagles? That's not the whittlesea that got to the top of the ladder because of their courage, teamwork, full credit to thomo.

But McLeod will expect to confront a different side next week, nothing like a good hiding to get a much better result next week.

What happened eagles? That's not the whittlesea that got to the top of the ladder because of their courage, teamwork, full credit to thomo.

But McLeod will expect to confront a different side next week, nothing like a good hiding to get a much better result next week.

Eagles form has not been that of a dominant top side for weeks
first final lost to thommo 8 or 9 goals
rnd 18 lost to fitzroy
rnd 17 beat lower by less than two goals after trailing all day
rnd 16 beat parkside by 9 or so goals
rnd 15 beat mernda by 2 pts when lucky demons missed one after siren

having said that macleod don't look like they are motoring either

Eagles form has not been that of a dominant top side for weeks
first final lost to thommo 8 or 9 goals
rnd 18 lost to fitzroy
rnd 17 beat lower by less than two goals after trailing all day
rnd 16 beat parkside by 9 or so goals
rnd 15 beat mernda by 2 pts when lucky demons missed one after siren

having said that macleod don't look like they are motoring either

what makes u say that BP? did u see our game yesterday?
i thort we played very well! wasty played an awesome game! which is expected by a team that beat epping the week before.
i only said in a previous post that we will have to improve if we are to beat thommo and whittleasea becuase i rate those 2 side a class above the 2 side we have played so far in watsy and mernda.
this weeks game against whittleasea is going to be yet another cracker! the biggest game of the year so far by a mile! (clearly cose its the prelim)

dissapointing loss for whitt today tho full credit to thomo they tore it up, should make for some good footy next week
back to the drawing board budgie. more rotations than a jackie chan spin kick in rush hour.

clearly no one playing for each other. divided you stand divided you will fall......
:D:D

[/b]

what makes u say that BP? did u see our game yesterday?
i thort we played very well! wasty played an awesome game! which is expected by a team that beat epping the week before.
i only said in a previous post that we will have to improve if we are to beat thommo and whittleasea becuase i rate those 2 side a class above the 2 side we have played so far in watsy and mernda.
this weeks game against whittleasea is going to be yet another cracker! the biggest game of the year so far by a mile! (clearly cose its the prelim)

yes i saw your game saturday, simple fact as agreed by yourself,that macleod will need to play up to every bit of their supposed talent to win the comp - me personally i am not convinced that macleod are that good a side - they are another year at least from being really good,probably two, at least from competing well in div one
To me macleod are too reliant on " two " few and some of the others are in patchy form - jezza bennett for one
On your side is that I don't think much of whittelsea either , theories abound - are they leg weary after a long season ( they played five or so praccy matches), is there dissention in the ranks due to favor being shown to the morang boys, are players peeved with the rotations , is there no plan b in the manual, is there a discipline problem with some of the small guys - i don;t know if any or none are true but they clearly aren't travelling that well either..
Personally i hope whitt get through this week because they did a massive pre season and i hope they get rewarded for the hard work - nothing against macleod
ps sunday games suck -

Credit where it's due.......
Umpires were pretty good on Saturday and were most consistent.
A good tough game against which we tend to get when it's a cut throat
elimination final as opposed to yesterdays game where there's always
next week for redemption.

Noted by Whittlesea's coach at 3/4 time spiel :
"do we just forget about the performance today and start planning
for next week, or do we show them what we're made of and go into
next week with some momentum"
They hardly gave a yelp with some players cramping up whilst
Thomastown continued full of running.

Thomastown were simply awesome, best individual team performance
I've seen this year and must be clear favourites to take out the flag.

Expecting a completely difference effort & performance next week by
Whittlesea

Must make mention of the conditions of the 2 grounds.
Epping bog hole
Eltham sensational
Cramer Street, somewhere in between

Just something out of interest people.
On whittlesea fc website there is a snippet from big footy going along the lines of someone bagging the club saying when it comes to finals Whittlesea choke and go out in straight sets...... this was written about last years finals performance.

I'd hate that to be up on my clubs website right about now.
Will history repeat itself again and again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back