Northern Football League Division 2 - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
back to the drawing board budgie. more rotations than a jackie chan spin kick in rush hour.
The rotations were always going to come back & haunt Whittlsea.Players don't know whether they are coming or going.Rotations will always work against lower ranked sides but not quality sides.

Credit where it's due.......
Umpires were pretty good on Saturday and were most consistent.
A good tough game against which we tend to get when it's a cut throat
elimination final as opposed to yesterdays game where there's always
next week for redemption.

Noted by Whittlesea's coach at 3/4 time spiel :
"do we just forget about the performance today and start planning
for next week, or do we show them what we're made of and go into
next week with some momentum"
They hardly gave a yelp with some players cramping up whilst
Thomastown continued full of running.

Thomastown were simply awesome, best individual team performance
I've seen this year and must be clear favourites to take out the flag.

Expecting a completely difference effort & performance next week by
Whittlesea

Must make mention of the conditions of the 2 grounds.
Epping bog hole
Eltham sensational
Cramer Street, somewhere in between

I played at both Epping and preston the last two weeks and would have to say Epping is in better nick then preston. Prestons middle was absolutely shithouse and cost us in the centre because we have two jumping ruckmen who couldnt get a run up in the 2" thick mud. The big h'bridge bloke just stood under the ball and I think it really influenced the game in the midfield. Eppings on the other hand was pretty decent compared to what we have used this year. Apart from the goal squares it was reasonable. I am yet to see Elthams ground but apparently its mickey mouse.

Have to agree with moose. The Epping ground, whilst a bit sticky, did not hamper the game, like Lalor the week before. Plenty of grass cover, players able to hold their footing.
Eltham on the other hand, was fantastic. With the rain leading up to the finals, the ground was in perfect nick.

The new NFL admin should have a good look at themselves and listen to the general public. The general NFL football public want their games played at Venues like Eltham, Epping etc.

Also have to agree that the umpiring at Eltham on Sunday was good. Players allowed to play football. Hardly noticed the umpires all day.:thumbsu:

Have to agree with moose. The Epping ground, whilst a bit sticky, did not hamper the game, like Lalor the week before. Plenty of grass cover, players able to hold their footing.
Eltham on the other hand, was fantastic. With the rain leading up to the finals, the ground was in perfect nick.

The new NFL admin should have a good look at themselves and listen to the general public. The general NFL football public want their games played at Venues like Eltham, Epping etc.

Also have to agree that the umpiring at Eltham on Sunday was good. Players allowed to play football. Hardly noticed the umpires all day.:thumbsu:
G'day all, it's been a while for me but thought I'd comment on the condition of the grounds. I totally agree with the last post, the league really do need to listen to what the clubs really want, especially in regards to selection of finals venue's. As for the condition of the grounds, firstly to my knowledge Eltham's ground has recently been re-done so it's no surprise that the ground is in excellent condition. Secondly Epping's is a bit patchy as they have played way too many games on it recently & the old surface cannot handle it. The council desperately need to totally re-surface the ground. Finally the condition of Cramer St does not surprise me. I've been saying it since last season that give a bit of rain the ground would be stuffed. Tip for Div 2 flag - Thomastown

Yet another great round of finals matches on the weekend.
In one of the best team displays for the season, Thomastown trounced Whittlesea by 10 goals to earn the first spot in the Grand Final.
From the outset, the Bears were dominant and set up the game with an 11 goal to 2 first half. From there they consolidated their position to run out easy winners. Better players for the Bears were Macdoodle, Racorracci, Holmes and Caulifloray. Whilst for Whittlesea, their better players were Toll, Regan and Karafilis.
For the Eagles it is back to the drawing board, but all is not lost and I am anticipating a much different Whittlesea outfit this weekend.
CLEOD: Sorry to say but I feel that the Bears will be playing Whittlesea in the big one in what should still be a mouth watering contest. Whittlesea did not finish atop the ladder for nothing and will be keen to atone against Macleod.
MOOSE: I see that you bagged a few sausage rolls on the weekend. Your boys seemed to do it easy, what was the go there?

don’t count your chickens before their hatchet you maggot!

I didn't know chicken's turned into small axes :D

Making references to the apparent division amongst the Whittlesea team is by no means assuming victory in the grand final. Recent teams who have gone into grand finals thinking they'd win have returned to their home with their tail between their legs, so i am safely assuming no chickens will be counted before they're hatched down Thommo way.

The things that were said on the ground by some of the Whittlesea players certainly did raise some eyebrows amongst the Thommo players.

dont no what the eagles could do to turn that margin arownd , but 1st they have to beat macleod... maybe go the whack ha ha ha
there confidence must b shot
they carnt even buy glory...
it dosent happen over night

ever heard of spell check you goose. no one said we one the flag but we did give them a hiding, agree?

I wasn’t at the game so I can’t comment you twat! Last time I checked grand finals weren’t won in prelim week, well see who has the last laugh in two weeks time!!

P.S: lose the green smiling faces at the end of every post you girl!!

Can not understand what has happend at whittlesea with players bagging there coach to thomastown players during the game i think they are gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can not understand what has happend at whittlesea with players bagging there coach to thomastown players during the game i think they are gone.

If that is true the players should have a good hard look at themselves!!!! Clearly those players don't want to win a flag. Get over yourselves and play as a team ya clowns!!!!:thumbsdown:

has wittlesea chocked once again i think so
Spoke to a few fellas after the 2nds game and their not happy seems all the sth morang boys got a game( and were down) when maybe not warranted intresting times coming up . As the old saying goes cant buy a premiership .Pressure on the coach this week lets see what he can come up with GO THE BUG!!!!!!!

Spoke to a few fellas after the 2nds game and their not happy seems all the sth morang boys got a game( and were down) when maybe not warranted intresting times coming up . As the old saying goes cant buy a premiership .Pressure on the coach this week lets see what he can come up with GO THE BUG!!!!!!!
I dont know what you are refering to but I saw all the Sth Morang boys get a turn on the bench, so what ever you heard was incorrect, they are very welcomed at whittlesea and have had a good season with them,
they have all expressed that they have been welcomed there, by all, not just the coach, so lets just drop this negativity, Yes they played a terrible game on Sunday, but hey even top sides have bad days.

What a load of rubbish re morang boys getting a game where they should not ,they are certainly not the problem.

Go through them Jinnette has had a great year ,Hennesy,Aquilina were down but have had good years to date,Snowden was injured early but will probably finish top 4 in the best and fairest ,Stevens was also down but has played really well this year Jerrom was injured and did not play. The problem is that some reserves blokes dont like the rotations(don't blame them) and will not play in the seniors also the . lack of pace shown by Dyson,Skehan,Coff Ryan and some others are really hurting against real pace. Underbelly if you reckon Karafilis was in the best you were not at the game Holmes kicked 4 on him in the 1st qtr and a bit he was taken from the ground came back on in the 2nd half had his only kick for the day in the last qtr and shortpassed it to the man on the mark he was whittleseas worst, do not take notice of club best players they are done by someone who does not watch the game at all did you notice Garland was best he did not even play in the seniors

massive rumour going around that lower plentys thompson medalist n.llywellen has been offered a substantional amount of coin to help try to rebuild diamond creek for season 09, apparently has been offered the assistant coach gig and a lucartive deal to help the demons try to get back to divi 1, obviously diamo on the front foot early to try and get some quality and polished players to the club

massive rumour going around that lower plentys thompson medalist n.llywellen has been offered a substantional amount of coin to help try to rebuild diamond creek for season 09, apparently has been offered the assistant coach gig and a lucartive deal to help the demons try to get back to divi 1, obviously diamo on the front foot early to try and get some quality and polished players to the club

That's interesting because I've heard he's already signed on the dotted line as Captain/Coach of Heidelberg West and they're confident he can take them straight to the top in divi 3. They think the wide open spaces of their home ground will suit his pace and fitness and his skill will bring the fans back to the Hawks nest.

What a load of rubbish re morang boys getting a game where they should not ,they are certainly not the problem.

Go through them Jinnette has had a great year ,Hennesy,Aquilina were down but have had good years to date,Snowden was injured early but will probably finish top 4 in the best and fairest ,Stevens was also down but has played really well this year Jerrom was injured and did not play. The problem is that some reserves blokes dont like the rotations(don't blame them) and will not play in the seniors also the . lack of pace shown by Dyson,Skehan,Coff Ryan and some others are really hurting against real pace. Underbelly if you reckon Karafilis was in the best you were not at the game Holmes kicked 4 on him in the 1st qtr and a bit he was taken from the ground came back on in the 2nd half had his only kick for the day in the last qtr and shortpassed it to the man on the mark he was whittleseas worst, do not take notice of club best players they are done by someone who does not watch the game at all did you notice Garland was best he did not even play in the seniors

"Better players for the Bears were Macdoodle, Racorracci, Holmes and Caulifloray. Whilst for Whittlesea, their better players were Toll, Regan and Karafilis".

Hey Loyalty.....1st rule of posting considering you are a NEWBIE,
check your facts before you actually put your foot in your mouth.

Ghost Writer posted his opinions on the Best players - not me.

I was at the game on Sunday and thought Racorraci ripped the game apart and Capeci's presence on the forward line was very imposing.
Thomastown had easily the best 5 players on the turf.

"Better players for the Bears were Macdoodle, Racorracci, Holmes and Caulifloray. Whilst for Whittlesea, their better players were Toll, Regan and Karafilis".

Hey Loyalty.....1st rule of posting considering you are a NEWBIE,
check your facts before you actually put your foot in your mouth.

Ghost Writer posted his opinions on the Best players - not me.

I was at the game on Sunday and thought Racorraci ripped the game apart and Capeci's presence on the forward line was very imposing.
Thomastown had easily the best 5 players on the turf.
underbelly are you sure you rocked up to eltham sunday. before giving someone a spray about better players, i think you'll find capeci played backline. holmes and culliflower were dominant up forward

Week 2 and the boys from Macleod march on. As expected, Watsonia gave a lot of pluck and with a fully fit side they would have been an ominous force. 2009 will be a watershed year for Watsonia I think.
Whilst the final result shows a close game I felt we were in control for much of the 2nd half. It will be another tense week on the track and we are now a 50/50 shot at playing off in the big one.

GHOST: Seems as though your boys did it on the bit. I hope we can get the opportunity to have another crack at you in just over a week

LETHAL: Yet again your foot is getting in the way of your tongue. How about removing the fascade that you are not from Whittlesea and declare your interests fair and square? Will you be gracing the field this week or just running water again?

Bring on Sunday I say...should be a belter of a game

underbelly are you sure you rocked up to eltham sunday. before giving someone a spray about better players, i think you'll find capeci played backline. holmes and culliflower were dominant up forward

Yes I was there and thanks for your opinions.

I clearly remember Capeci continually bombarding the ball into the square
from the half forward line. Whether he was on the backline or not, he
was presenting well on the half forward line.

And it wasn't a spray mate. Someone got me confused with Ghost Writer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back