At least we don't get J.Williamson - he doesn't like us too much

Originally posted D1, Umpires for the GF

Seniors
2:15pm - Thomastown vs Macleod

F: J. Edwards T. Holland
B: B. Parke J. Coutts C. Edwards
G: C. Kamolins P. Evans

At least we don't get J.Williamson - he doesn't like us too much

panel looks good, edwards and holland usually go oll right, good control. i dont even know what that williamson bloke was doing in that game should be doing 19s

Good to see the topic of discussion back to the actual on field stuff.

CLEOD: I am very glad to see your boys give me an opportunity at winning back some cans on the weekend. I am anticipating a cracker of a game. The weather looks like doing the right thing and a big crowd will be on hand to watch what will be a great game of footy.

Bad luck to Whittlesea. They simply hit poor form at the wrong time of year. In general, most Whittlesea people have come on this forum with a little bit of sense but I have no sympathy for you LETHAL.

Blokes like LETHAL sit behind their computer thinking they are tough...like a few people have already said, enjoy running water again this weekend LETHAL.

Good summary - If only it was correct

Macleod are now ready to go up - but none of us have high expectations after the last two years - sure it will really hurt - but we will just fight another year. Taking puffer out. Jason Lundberg, Adam Reimers and Jayden Wendt are the oldest players at 26 / 27 and capable of playing divvy one. The rest of the kids average 21. Some really good young talent who only need a few older and harder bodies around them. Shaw is not the ruckman nor is he meant to be. Unfortuantely the two ruckman are currently out so Shawry has to wear the task.

If Macleod were to go up they are ready and cashed up to recruit 4 guns(just got to hope they can find them). Thats not counting Lynch (WHO WILL RESLOVE THE PROBLEM UP FORWARD ALONG WITH EWART) and Corr who are coming back next year. FOR SURE
icon7.gif

Sure that just might not be enough to get them into finals but it will certainly be close and make them competetive. With some great junior talent flowing through (20 from the colts who played off in this years Grand final) they will be around divvy one a lot longer than some other teams from divvy two when they went up and come straight back down one or two years later.

They have also just bought on a big sponsor and along with their two other current major sponsors things are looking great. Also along with our new club rooms the slope is to disappear and ground improvements start in October. One could only hope the ground could be half as good as Elthams.

As for our shit not stinking and delusions. Listen you arseh*le some of us were around when our club was getting our arses kicked by 30 goals each week (that was only 12 years ago) and people treating us like second class citizens No-one wanted to come to Dewinton, it was like travelling to Kinglake. And I dont think any people from our club are acting like some of those people back in those times. But what would you know you were probably still in nappies.

As for the young Morang kid going off the ground. He had already been reported and red carded about four times because of his stupid behaviour on the ground which had nothing to do with the Macleod Supporters. So dont try and reverse his unruly behaviour to the fault of Macleod people. SECONDLY IT WAS NOT THE OLDER MORANG BLOKES WHICH STOPPED THE MACLEOD SUPPORTERS FROM HECKLING. IT WAS THE MORE CONTROLLED PEOPLE OF MALCEOD WHO TOLD THEIR FEW SUPPOERTERS (WHICH WE ALL HAVE) TO PULL THEIR HEADS IN TO STOP ANY FURTHER CONFLICT.

Finally your comments about Nankervis and Bennett in divvy one just show how much you know about them personally and in general football -

Well Lynch and Corr will just have to enjoy div 2 football for another year wont they slasher.Thomastown to hit div 1 in 2009!

Good summary - If only it was correct

Macleod are now ready to go up - but none of us have high expectations after the last two years - sure it will really hurt - but we will just fight another year. Taking puffer out. Jason Lundberg, Adam Reimers and Jayden Wendt are the oldest players at 26 / 27 and capable of playing divvy one. The rest of the kids average 21. Some really good young talent who only need a few older and harder bodies around them. Shaw is not the ruckman nor is he meant to be. Unfortuantely the two ruckman are currently out so Shawry has to wear the task.

If Macleod were to go up they are ready and cashed up to recruit 4 guns(just got to hope they can find them). Thats not counting Lynch (WHO WILL RESLOVE THE PROBLEM UP FORWARD ALONG WITH EWART) and Corr who are coming back next year. FOR SURE
icon7.gif

Sure that just might not be enough to get them into finals but it will certainly be close and make them competetive. With some great junior talent flowing through (20 from the colts who played off in this years Grand final) they will be around divvy one a lot longer than some other teams from divvy two when they went up and come straight back down one or two years later.

They have also just bought on a big sponsor and along with their two other current major sponsors things are looking great. Also along with our new club rooms the slope is to disappear and ground improvements start in October. One could only hope the ground could be half as good as Elthams.

As for our shit not stinking and delusions. Listen you arseh*le some of us were around when our club was getting our arses kicked by 30 goals each week (that was only 12 years ago) and people treating us like second class citizens No-one wanted to come to Dewinton, it was like travelling to Kinglake. And I dont think any people from our club are acting like some of those people back in those times. But what would you know you were probably still in nappies.

As for the young Morang kid going off the ground. He had already been reported and red carded about four times because of his stupid behaviour on the ground which had nothing to do with the Macleod Supporters. So dont try and reverse his unruly behaviour to the fault of Macleod people. SECONDLY IT WAS NOT THE OLDER MORANG BLOKES WHICH STOPPED THE MACLEOD SUPPORTERS FROM HECKLING. IT WAS THE MORE CONTROLLED PEOPLE OF MALCEOD WHO TOLD THEIR FEW SUPPOERTERS (WHICH WE ALL HAVE) TO PULL THEIR HEADS IN TO STOP ANY FURTHER CONFLICT.

Finally your comments about Nankervis and Bennett in divvy one just show how much you know about them personally and in general football -

steady eddie you've taken that a bit personal haven't you
I can only call it as i see it - shaw has been your ruckman
(I don't know about injuries)
There is no malice attached to any of the other comments re your players just statements of my opinion.
The guys did heckle the young fella - i didn't see the whole game just that incident so i take on board your comments re the sth morang kid
And for a club that has had the shit kicked out of it for years i am entitled to think it might have installed a bit of humility rather than replicating the same attititude clubs might have shown yours
As for the recruits well shoot me if i haven't a crystal ball.
Otherwise you have agreed with what i said ie your kids aren't ready yet but will be in a couple of years and then they will be good - thats all i said
good luck for the weekend and relax you'll have a hearty before the game is over

Guys guys guys, after a stint in the SANFL with Norwood and many talks with the Gold Coast about becoming their marquee signing i thought i would head back down to the suburbs to check out my boys from behind the pool...It's good to see they have moved on since my shocking departure, filled the hole i left in the team and become a force to reckon with during the season.

What great times we had together on those hot summer afternoons during pre season...i'm sure we can all agree that we were all better for it when we saw kg after kg after kg fall off..but enough about Berak's head and more about this week.
Good Luck to all the boys and lets make Kangaroo stew out of Macleod!

I look forward to catching up with all of you after the game 4 a drink and talking about the good times...ahhh there are so many!

GO THOMMO!

Eddy the falcon

The Underdog (Macleod)

Verses Thomastown

Should be an exciting battle and we can't read into the form of the previous 2 encounters.
Do Macleod have a slight home ground advantage having played 2 of there 3 finals at Cramer Street ? The wind is definately going to factor into the equation, so there is a slight edge there to Macleod.
Thomastown have only played twice in the last month but will enter the contest without any injuries. Macleod do not have their strongest team on the paddock, but are playing with great intensity and teamwork.
Macleod have the edge with experience having been to the last dance in the previous 2 years (coming home dateless).

I guess it all comes down to who can outmucscle the other. The kids with small biceps from Macleod or the boys with the big engine from Thomastown ?

Here we go gents, one day to the big one and, to steal a line from Big Kev, I'm excited.
Another big night on the track at the slope and the boys are certainly primed for the big occasion.
In case anyone asks, I am not about to divulge any selection news...all will be revealed in due course.

EDDY: Kangaroo stew hey....maybe you should put your money where your mouth is?? Macleod is primed for a big game tomorrow.
I will say this now, redemption is around the corner.....3rd times a charm!!

GHOST: Another 6 cans on the game and I will start to collect at 3/4 time (ha ha). I can also confirm that Puffa will be upholding his end of the bargain in the after match sprint, with the premiership cup in his hands (with or without Sinclair by his side).

The Cleoders by 37 points!!! Go you good thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1st goal kicker-
9.00- Brandt(Mac)
10.00- Calafiore(T/Town),Tsingaris(Mac),Holmes (T/Town)
12.00- White(Mac),Curcio (T/Town),
15.00-A.Bennett(Mac),Lovett(Mac),Rachrache(T/Town) Ewart(Mac) 19.00-Berak(T/Town), Folino(T/Town)
25.00-Naimo(Mac),Nedelkovski(T/Town),Bonacci(T/Town)

Best on ground
6.00-A.Bennett(Mac),Berak(T/Town),McDonald(T/Town)
8.00-Folino(T/Town), Shaw(Mac)
9.00-Abela(T/Town), Tsingaris(Mac),Holmes(T/Town)
11.00- Brandt(Mac), Lovett(Mac)
15.00-J.Bennett(Mac)-if playing!,Collins(T/Town)

1st goal kicker-
9.00- Brandt(Mac)
10.00- Calafiore(T/Town),Tsingaris(Mac),Holmes (T/Town)
12.00- White(Mac),Curcio (T/Town),
15.00-A.Bennett(Mac),Lovett(Mac),Rachrache(T/Town) Ewart(Mac) 19.00-Berak(T/Town), Folino(T/Town)
25.00-Naimo(Mac),Nedelkovski(T/Town),Bonacci(T/Town)

Best on ground
6.00-A.Bennett(Mac),Berak(T/Town),McDonald(T/Town)
8.00-Folino(T/Town), Shaw(Mac)
9.00-Abela(T/Town), Tsingaris(Mac),Holmes(T/Town)
11.00- Brandt(Mac), Lovett(Mac)
15.00-J.Bennett(Mac)-if playing!,Collins(T/Town)

I'll have a tenner on Tsingaris if you're taking bets.
He's out for redemption having missed last year through injury.
Let me know

Here we go gents, one day to the big one and, to steal a line from Big Kev, I'm excited.
Another big night on the track at the slope and the boys are certainly primed for the big occasion.
In case anyone asks, I am not about to divulge any selection news...all will be revealed in due course.

EDDY: Kangaroo stew hey....maybe you should put your money where your mouth is?? Macleod is primed for a big game tomorrow.
I will say this now, redemption is around the corner.....3rd times a charm!!

GHOST: Another 6 cans on the game and I will start to collect at 3/4 time (ha ha). I can also confirm that Puffa will be upholding his end of the bargain in the after match sprint, with the premiership cup in his hands (with or without Sinclair by his side).

The Cleoders by 37 points!!! Go you good thing.

Cleod: Obviously you know nothing about the boys...take it from me coz im close with the Thommo boys and they are ready for battle with or without me.Whats the wager you're thinking of?

50-50, tough call this week. i'm going to go with the result from the lase round and get on board macleod to get up to divvy 1.

PS i read on a previous post someone saying andy bennet is an outside receiver... you must be joking i've only seen him play on a couple of occasions but the little fella is a nut, goes in harder than anyone especially given he weighs half as much as the blokes he's up against.

Lucky enough to have the next 2 weeks off work at this wonderful time of year.

So here I am at home watching old episodes of the Family Guy and I tune into Big Footy for a short while only to discover Cleod 9 with his head well and truly in the clouds.

Very cocky of you Cleod...but I somehow doubt that the game tomorrow will be so one sided.

The Thomastown boys know that the hard work is far from complete and tomorrow will be a cracker.

To my all important tips:

SENIORS

Should be a belter of a game and will be a close contest. My tip is the Bears in a close one.

RESERVES

Would love nothing more than to see Mernda belt Whittlesea from here to next week. I am tipping the Demons to just scrape home.

UNDER 19s

Don't know enough about the 19s comp but the word is that Whittlesea will be too good.

All the best to those competing tomorrow and, I am proud to say, GO BEARS!!!!!!

50-50, tough call this week. i'm going to go with the result from the lase round and get on board macleod to get up to divvy 1.

PS i read on a previous post someone saying andy bennet is an outside receiver... you must be joking i've only seen him play on a couple of occasions but the little fella is a nut, goes in harder than anyone especially given he weighs half as much as the blokes he's up against.

if we're betting

50 bucks the smales kid picks his nose !

For the record i never said he was an " outside receiver" i said he cheats(before anyone goes me on this, I am aware the word cheat has negative connotations i simply mean he reads the play and backs himself in running forward - he has a licence if you will to free wheel), that wasn't meant as a negative
I simply mean that he is at his most damaging when allowed to run free away from contests, i am not saying he doesn't go in hard, rather that due to his size he is not as effective in contested situations as he is out clear - whats wrong with that - he is at his most damaging when on the run toward goal
why do you think whittelsea played a tagger on him - to ensure he wouldn't get out on his own - not that it worked overly well
may be i didn't explain myself well enough on this one, apologies to anyone who misconstrued what i meant , i don't understand it,usually i like everyone else on here have a fantastic command of the english language

100 bucks he picks it

like u said mate u've only seen him afew times...not doubting his ability but he is a receiver and can be a filthy little tip rat of a player when he doesnt like the situation.

Gentlemen, is it possible for somebody to write up what there opinions would be of the line ups: Forwards Centres Backs
what are the match ups or even ratings
where the game will be won from - please guys no bais just your opinions and analyses on where the game might be won. is one side better in defence, better mid field, or better forward and who's going to be our BOG's from both sides.

I've got some great chiefs from both sides, all the best boys, my pic is thomo in a close one, only because thomo have the fresher legs. also to w'sea very tuff boys, you can only get back up on that horse and keep going, it will all be forgotten once your got one in the bag:thumbsu:

like u said mate u've only seen him afew times...not doubting his ability but he is a receiver and can be a filthy little tip rat of a player when he doesnt like the situation.

I actually don't think you know what you're talking about.

Ridiculous statements and unwarranted. Andy's been very controlled
with his temper this year, especially last week, when No 37 from Whittlesea (James Manson has a better kicking action) wanted to make love on the half forward flank in the 1st half, Andy just kept to the
plan and started racking up the stats.

You may want to go and have a close look tomorrow at the crap he
puts up.

For that, I'll change my bet over to Andy Bennett for BOG
and to take home the $1000 on offer.

my tips for the grand final

19' couldnt careless but the eagles by 5 goals
in the 2's i hope mernda win, but i think the eagles will win by 10 goals

and in the main game ... i think the boys from thomo will get home by 23 points... with raffa or jase abela getting bog

good luck 2 all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back