Northern Football League Division 2 - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
my tips for the grand final

19' couldnt careless but the eagles by 5 goals
in the 2's i hope mernda win, but i think the eagles will win by 10 goals

and in the main game ... i think the boys from thomo will get home by 23 points... with raffa or jase abela getting bog

good luck 2 all

19s - eagles by 6 goals, josh nixon bog with 8 goals
2s - eagles by 10 goals, trav crawf bog
1s - macloed by 3 goals, kane shaw bog

Lucky enough to have the next 2 weeks off work at this wonderful time of year.

So here I am at home watching old episodes of the Family Guy and I tune into Big Footy for a short while only to discover Cleod 9 with his head well and truly in the clouds.

Very cocky of you Cleod...but I somehow doubt that the game tomorrow will be so one sided.

The Thomastown boys know that the hard work is far from complete and tomorrow will be a cracker.

To my all important tips:

SENIORS

Should be a belter of a game and will be a close contest. My tip is the Bears in a close one.

RESERVES

Would love nothing more than to see Mernda belt Whittlesea from here to next week. I am tipping the Demons to just scrape home.

UNDER 19s

Don't know enough about the 19s comp but the word is that Whittlesea will be too good.

All the best to those competing tomorrow and, I am proud to say, GO BEARS!!!!!!

sounds spot on mate

I actually don't think you know what you're talking about.

Ridiculous statements and unwarranted. Andy's been very controlled
with his temper this year, especially last week, when No 37 from Whittlesea (James Manson has a better kicking action) wanted to make love on the half forward flank in the 1st half, Andy just kept to the
plan and started racking up the stats.

You may want to go and have a close look tomorrow at the crap he
puts up.

For that, I'll change my bet over to Andy Bennett for BOG
and to take home the $1000 on offer.

Well "champ" when i ventured out to macleod in rd 18 to watch this weeks finalist just 4 wks ago that little feral bennett couldnt handle the heat #23 put on so found the need to kick him...Since u w***ers tape every game ask for a copy and watch it...ohhh thats rite he didnt behind play.Don't tell me it was unwarranted coz he deserves everything he gets.Take his head off Thommo, do divi 2 teams next year a favour. If u want the bet...u tell me who u are and i'll think about it!

Gentlemen, is it possible for somebody to write up what there opinions would be of the line ups: Forwards Centres Backs
what are the match ups or even ratings
where the game will be won from - please guys no bais just your opinions and analyses on where the game might be won. is one side better in defence, better mid field, or better forward and who's going to be our BOG's from both sides.

I've got some great chiefs from both sides, all the best boys, my pic is thomo in a close one, only because thomo have the fresher legs. also to w'sea very tuff boys, you can only get back up on that horse and keep going, it will all be forgotten once your got one in the bag:thumbsu:

i think the ruck will be a vital key to this game, where does homer play ?
is he injured ?
if he can give thommo first use over a depleted(apparently)kangas ruck division then thommo will be on their way.
Will be interesting to see what happens at the stoppages where both sides are entitled to think they could win these battles i feel that thommo can be the more destructive moving away from them and for that reason the kangas might try and outnumber them at the contests and prohibit any quick play of the ball.
I expect the smaller thommo forwards to cause a few problems especially if they can push the kangas up the ground and get the ball in behind their defences .
For macleod the key will be maintaining posession and their use of the footy, they need to play this game largely in their fwd half and deny thommo the ball, if they turn it over the thommo players who like to peel forward will score some easy goals.
If they can deny thommo the ball and test their temprement and defensive disciplines then a few cracks might appear.
It is probably the defensive side of thommo's that most feel could be the weak link, could macleod opt to kick the ball as long as possible, test the thommo runners getting into defence to help out thus getting their posessions deep in defence rather than across the middle or half forward where damage can be done quickly.
Would not surprise if the kangas went for some kind of zone to try and make the thommo boys kick the ball much like clarkson's hawks.
Thommo might well try and drag reimers back to the square as i don't believe he has a real liking for being really deep in defence , sayers who has been outstanding this year should be dragged wide where he cannot peel off and take marks in the hole for macleod .
Porter has done very well though at times has looked susceptible when made to follow a moving forward if allowed a stand and push opponent in the main he has good discipline to punch the ball.
We all know thommos plan is attack , macleod might have to find a winner up forward to match the scoring of thommo , either a structure or a one off winner - perhaps a slightly injured jezza could play out of the square and use his marking abilities to kick 4 or 5.
If things are as they have been at preston the wind will favor one end and you could expect a spare man to be used fairly readily
My question - what did macleod do to beat thommo by 14 goals
All these of course is based on the 2 hrs i have spent watching these mobs this year
treasure it boys cause i have a funny feeling it could get awfully crowded at the top of div two over the next 5-10 years as this whole comp evens right up
eg

creek - down from div one with a heap of youngsters with div one experience
thommo or kangas - either one will be on the till again next year
whittelsea - have to respond and will
epping - only need one or two keys to be a power
watsonia - prob have one crack left in this current bunch
fitz stars - with mungara returning and a wicked end to the season they could be " deadly" next year
mernda - signs of improvement if the youngins don't suffer second year blues
and the others all with a show - its going to be on in earnest

Well "champ" when i ventured out to macleod in rd 18 to watch this weeks finalist just 4 wks ago that little feral bennett couldnt handle the heat #23 put on so found the need to kick him...Since u w***ers tape every game ask for a copy and watch it...ohhh thats rite he didnt behind play.Don't tell me it was unwarranted coz he deserves everything he gets.Take his head off Thommo, do divi 2 teams next year a favour. If u want the bet...u tell me who u are and i'll think about it!

oh okay. well if he does that, its only coz he gets it 1st because he is one of the best players in the comp, and other clubs do dirty crap to him to get him off his game but it still doesnt work. so in saying this what about all the other dirty scumbags that play on him and do the exact same thing to him. even worse. u dead set tossa, so we dont need to hear ur shit u spanner!

Macleod wont be able to cut the mustard in division 1, who have they got pushing for selection from their ressies? you need an all round strong club to be competetive.. saying that i hope they prove me wrong.

Mernda premiers Whittlesea COUGHED

Umpires gave mernda the win.
Last qtr 5 mins to go, most stupid 25mtre penalty I have ever seen in football.

But thats football, so well done to mernda.

Lets just hope the umpires have a big pre season and acturally learn the f*$kin game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets just hope the umpires have a big pre season and acturally learn the f*$kin game.

have a cry

The old blame the umpires excuse.Whittlesea can only blame themselves.

Well done to Thomo today, played the better footy and deserved the win, good luck next year.
Macleod tried hard all day but wasnt able to combat the bigger bodies.

the only highlight for Macleod was watching the 19's beat the eagles and then watching Mernda do the same... poor form from the whitlesea crowd booing the umps at the presentation.

well time to head down to Macleod and get totally sh1t faced....

Whittlesea were up by 16pts. Should have won. Umpires nothing to do with it. Anyway.... this is A Grade forum. Go back to the B Grade forum.

By the way pre season starts in Feb if you want to join us. Seems you know the rules.

Whittlesea were up by 16pts. Should have won. Umpires nothing to do with it. Anyway.... this is A Grade forum. Go back to the B Grade forum.

By the way pre season starts in Feb if you want to join us. Seems you know the rules.

Playing the game is alot harder then judging it with a whistle, yes i know the rules and so do all the other teams in the comp, why dont you umpires?
Ill stick to playing, not prancin around with a whistle not knowing what im doing.

Oh and this is 'Division 2' forum not a or b, you must be a umpire, cant clearly see whats infront of your eyes.

have to feel for puff and the boys from macleaod put up a brave fight but thomo to good on the day. To my father dean sinclair your a champion bloke and a mate and you worked hard for this, couldnt happen to a better bloke. To the little dago hudda your a champ, My brother david 'gadget' wall You made me proud. To my old mate baz mac who played the whole game with broken hand enjoy, you deseve it boys.

LLmose well done mate you won them the game today congrats, say hello to jase faralla hes a good family friend of mine.

See you in div one next year boys:D

Congratulations to Thomastown FC on taking home the 2008 premiership. Carried too many guns today. Dean Sinclair - one of the good guys of the NFL!

Now the work starts - to organise a list capable of competing in the top division

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back