Northern Football League Division 2 - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,just to start the rumours going.
A little birdie landed on my shoulder recently & whispered in my ear that the runners up this year in div 2 are set to sign some big names..
2x coburg, 2x knights & a few from div 1 side that made finals.
Should be an interesting year ahead for those clubs trying to match up on those few.

wb

A little birdie landed on my shoulder recently & whispered in my ear that the runners up this year in div 2 are set to sign some big names..
Should be an interesting year ahead for those clubs trying to match up on those few.

wb

assuming corr, lynch, s. kelly, ? and some of puffa's boys from the doggies? would i be right? no shocks there...

wb

Well the 2 from Coburg are Macleod boys anyway, so there's no secret there.
1 of the Knights boys played the last 2 finals, Adam Woodhams, and he's also a Macleod boy, not sure who the other Knight's boy is.
Yes - a couple of signings already from D1 and a also a few from other leagues who are returning ex Macleod players aswell.

I'm still working on a 1 particular player from EFL and 2 from WRFL.

Ryan Lonie turned us down but thanked us for our interest. He is playing down the Peninsula somewhere tba

It has been a while between drinks and I am still recovering from what has been a hectic few weeks, topped off by a massive footy trip.

CLEOD: Good to see you eventually crawl out from under that rock. Thanks again for the 6 pack, deep down I knew it was never in doubt.

Dean Sinclair's habit of collecting premiership medals without his shirt on started last year when Thomastown's Reserves team won the Grand Final. He claims to have the best abs at Thomastown and is a shoe in for the 2009 Man of Thomastown if you ask him.

Whilst Dean's antics after the siren were somewhat subdued at Cramer Street, he more than made up for it last week in Sydney...let's just say that people will never look at that fountain in the same way again.

Can i just add that i thought Dean Sinclairs efforts on the footy trip were "PHAT"...
and while im here i wanted to put out a lost ad for Deano's fave hat even though i think its in between her rolls at the palace in coogee, but everyone please keep an eye out 4 it coz he loves that hat dearly.

Just got back from the cricket where I was talking to a Macleod recruit who isn't a Macleod recruit yet. Silly season I think. But he did say he was thinking about so good luck with him, as he and his BIL would be very handy recruits.

Kelly is playing at Panton Hill
Gill has left Lower and also going to Panton Hill

Couple of nice signings

Good luck to Gilly, has been injury prone for a number of years, hope he gets a full crack at it. Heard that the make up for div 2 may consist of two finals series in the one division. After every side plays each other once, the top 8 sides will be the basis of div 2 finals and the bottom 6 will form the basis of div 3 finals. This came from league HQ. Anyone else heard anything remotely similar.

Good luck to Gilly, has been injury prone for a number of years, hope he gets a full crack at it. Heard that the make up for div 2 may consist of two finals series in the one division. After every side plays each other once, the top 8 sides will be the basis of div 2 finals and the bottom 6 will form the basis of div 3 finals. This came from league HQ. Anyone else heard anything remotely similar.

This was thrown up at the President's meeting last Monday night with assurances it would work. What i would like to know is if everyone is playing finals after playing everyone once what happens to the clubs who have different grades in different divisions come finals time. Ie: Seniors finish 5th but reserves finish 10th and 19's finish 4th.

Two grades playing in 2nd division and one in third division. Makes no sense to me.:confused::confused::confused:

This was thrown up at the President's meeting last Monday night with assurances it would work. What i would like to know is if everyone is playing finals after playing everyone once what happens to the clubs who have different grades in different divisions come finals time. Ie: Seniors finish 5th but reserves finish 10th and 19's finish 4th.

Two grades playing in 2nd division and one in third division. Makes no sense to me.:confused::confused::confused:

Sounds to me like it is more an attempted revenue raiser than a legitimate way to give opportunities to clubs to participate in a finals series. :rolleyes:

Sounds to me like it is more an attempted revenue raiser than a legitimate way to give opportunities to clubs to participate in a finals series. :rolleyes:

What a disgrace - as if the northern league brand needed any more to be laughed at about
I thought that flags were hard to win because it was over the full season - if a side has a poor first half thru injury etc it can no longer bounce back - mernda and epping would have just about been in third division at the halfway mark this year -
imagine a epping or mernda vs west heid final (no disrespect to west) - hardly a crowd puller
please until they can come up with a full solution - do not accept half measures -
I suspect that clubs who don't want to go to third div and there's about 13 from what i understand - could very well put the longevity of their clubs in the balance as they spend up to stay above the cut
i look forward to the final decesion being made in march ......

What a disgrace - as if the northern league brand needed any more to be laughed at about
I thought that flags were hard to win because it was over the full season - if a side has a poor first half thru injury etc it can no longer bounce back - mernda and epping would have just about been in third division at the halfway mark this year -
imagine a epping or mernda vs west heid final (no disrespect to west) - hardly a crowd puller
please until they can come up with a full solution - do not accept half measures -
I suspect that clubs who don't want to go to third div and there's about 13 from what i understand - could very well put the longevity of their clubs in the balance as they spend up to stay above the cut
i look forward to the final decesion being made in march ......

The NFL have totally lost it... if every side plays in the finals why bother having a final series???? lets just play for ladder positions then leave it at that. next they will be scheduling thursday and friday night finals at Cramer st just so they can fit them all in... Hate to say it but even with Floydy ripping off the money he was cheaper than this admin and at least he knew football...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The NFL have totally lost it... if every side plays in the finals why bother having a final series???? lets just play for ladder positions then leave it at that. ...

LOL. My kids play domestic basketball and towards end of season they split the ladder into 3 divs come finals time, i.e Top 4, Middle 4 and bottom 4, and each playoff in own final series.

Great for the kids, but even at ages 7 & 10 they know it as The Finals, The Veggie Finals & The Veggie Veggie Finals :D :D :D

Parkside Football Club has re-appointed Peter Dean (Pixie) as Senior Coach for 2009 and 2010. Players meeting will be held at the Club Rooms on Wednesday 29th October at 7pm. Is a must for all players and any new players.

Parkside Football Club has re-appointed Peter Dean (Pixie) as Senior Coach for 2009 and 2010. Players meeting will be held at the Club Rooms on Wednesday 29th October at 7pm. Is a must for all players and any new players.

Hey mate, you shuld post this on the NFL website as well.

Just got back from the cricket where I was talking to a Macleod recruit who isn't a Macleod recruit yet. Silly season I think. But he did say he was thinking about so good luck with him, as he and his BIL would be very handy recruits.
Hey Maso herd a massive rumour today that the Bug got the gig at Whittlesea again. This will result in the biggest walk out in footy history. What was Whittlesea thinking re-appointing the leauges most hated bloke, I feel sorry for the guys that have put their heart and sole into that club and have to now walk away. Any idea Mase who you think would leave?
Good luck with it Buggy another club to your list of club's you've screwed over.

Hurstbridge Football Club has appointed Chris "Plugger" Keenan as 2009 Senior Coach and Paul Holzer as 2009 Reserves Coach.

Both are ex Hurstbridge players and bring a wealth of expirience to the Club.

The club is holding a "Meet the coaches day" at the clubrooms on Sunday 19th October 2009 @ 12.30pm.

All current, past, and prospective players and their families are asked to come along and enjoy the day. The invatation is also extended to all members, sponsors and interested parties.

Exciting times ahead.

Hey Maso herd a massive rumour today that the Bug got the gig at Whittlesea again. This will result in the biggest walk out in footy history. What was Whittlesea thinking re-appointing the leauges most hated bloke, I feel sorry for the guys that have put their heart and sole into that club and have to now walk away. Any idea Mase who you think would leave?
Good luck with it Buggy another club to your list of club's you've screwed over.

Maybe with a years senior coaching experience under his belt the bug learnt a few things which will be beneficial to himself and the Whittlesea football club. All 3 Whittlesea teams finished in the finals this season the 1's only loseing 2 games (home & away). He must of been doing some things right. It's pretty weak if blokes use the excuse of the coach to walk out on there mates and the club. If they all stuck together at Whittlesea could be some exciting times ahead.

If it is correct that he has been reappointed I think it is a good move.
Anyone that decides to leave is not rowing in the same direction as Buggy so therefore it would be for the better for those that decide to leave to move on.
It is the same old story that people who have done things the same way for YEARS do not like CHANGE and that is what was introduced last year.
For the club to move forward you cannot to do things like it has for the past so many years.

Hurstbridge Football Club has appointed Chris "Plugger" Keenan as 2009 Senior Coach and Paul Holzer as 2009 Reserves Coach.

Both are ex Hurstbridge players and bring a wealth of expirience to the Club.

The club is holding a "Meet the coaches day" at the clubrooms on Sunday 19th October 2009 @ 12.30pm.

All current, past, and prospective players and their families are asked to come along and enjoy the day. The invatation is also extended to all members, sponsors and interested parties.

Exciting times ahead.

Great news!

He going to get his brother back there?
Perhaps Plugger could cut a few from the herd at Monty and attract them up the back roads to the Bridge.

Not sure who will leave. The bug had a few issues with a few popular players ( or they had issues with him - either way). So will just have to see if, and i mean if, they leave will their mates follow.:confused:

Either way the club has made a choice and those who want to be coached by him will stay. Those who don't will leave. Footy aint the be all and end all and even the bug will tell you that. Bye got to study.

Well done to the Fitzroy Stars Captain Lionel (Jacko) Proctor on winning the NFL Best and Fairest. What a year for the STARS, Getting into a competition, playing on the MCG (And beating the NT mob), winning another Aboriginal State Championship and having the best player in Division 2, what a succesful year even though we missed out on finals...Jacko, your an absolute legend mate.

Well done to the Fitzroy Stars Captain Lionel (Jacko) Proctor on winning the NFL Best and Fairest. What a year for the STARS, Getting into a competition, playing on the MCG (And beating the NT mob), winning another Aboriginal State Championship and having the best player in Division 2, what a succesful year even though we missed out on finals...Jacko, your an absolute legend mate.
Now that's what i've been talkin about! even from vote count and then on afl grand final day with your mum, dad and yourself, you should win, your a deadly leader down at the stars. We done mate! and congrats to the other vote getters, i think hollow and tenant not sure if the spelling right, but more the point well done:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back