Melbourne North
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Nth Queensland Cowboys
Re: Northern Football League Division 2 - Part III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzroy Stars
The Fitzroy Stars President has asked me to pass on this message.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Supporters of the Fitzroy Stars and Epping Football Club’s (And all other club scheduled to play the STARS at Victoria Park) are advised that alcohol is not permitted at Victoria Park.

The directive has come from the City of Yarra and will remain in place until the City of Yarra advise the Fitzroy Stars differently.

Please note that this is not a Fitzroy Stars Football Club policy.

The explanation from the City of Yarra for this directive is that Victoria Park is a closed venue and that there are parts of the venue that are considered construction sites.

In addition supporters of both sides are confined to viewing the match from the Sherrin Stand due to construction work at Victoria Park.

If you have any concerns or queries in regard to this directive please contact the City of Yarra.

Troy Austin,
President,
Fitzroy Stars Football Club.

To All Epping Supporters and anyone else going to VIC Park. This is just crap you are at ground level (not in the stand) looking through a wire fence and can hardly see what is happening down the ground. Totally unacceptable. You are better off staying at home.

To the NFL. Unaccepatable treating supporters of both sides like this
suggest you pull your finger out and get an alternate ground.

To the Stars. Seeing that you can't sell grog, and only get small gate receipts would it not be in your better interests to play at away venues. Maybe clubs like epping would be happy to hand over their canteen profits to you and let you run the gate. They will make their money on the bar. I am certain other clubs may do that as well seeing they could make it all back on their bar profits also.

This just spoils what most of us enjoy on a Saturday afternoon.

Well stars I call this discrimination, whats your move now?

NFL LETS GO INTO ACTION MODE RIGHT NOW.

Agree totally with these posts. It's time that the NFL adminsitration led by no-action Kev stop pandering to the VFL and look after the clubs, and importantly the supporters, who make up the league. Promotion is what it's all about. Notice that the NFL administration has made arrangements for one of their favourite clubs in Macleod while their ground is under construction, but what about the other clubs, in this case like Fitzroy All Stars.

That doesn't answer the question

Who in 2009 , in your opinion, will be the champion team that will stand up and take the D2 premiership ? I just want to see how rosey your coloured glasses are.

Honestly I think Diamo will go straight back up. They didnt really pick up anyone as such but got a heap of players back from long term injuries from last year. I can see peahearts being runners up to them again.

moose your from mernda right?? im pretty sure mernda lost 4 or 5 flags in 7 yrs back in late 90s 2000 maybe historian can help us there.
if thats the case id pretty much just worry about ur club and there choking issues!!
can anyone from whittlesea let me know whats happening with toll havent seen his name in this yr??

Runners Up
Macleod - 1982, 2006, 2007, 2008
Mernda - 1996, 1997, 2001, 2002

Also heard a good rumour. Gary Moorcroft has cut his ties with Silvan and has had talks with the Mustangs.

Honestly I think Diamo will go straight back up. They didnt really pick up anyone as such but got a heap of players back from long term injuries from last year. I can see peahearts being runners up to them again.

Now that's a soft opinion of your own team. Mernda cant make it hey

In respect to your persistant observations of the Macleod team, did you
tell any of the players what you thought of them or does this come
straight from the bravery of your keyboard ?

Would you like me to put your actual name on a thread so we peahearts at Macleod are aware of your trivial opinions? (hey RA )

Now that's a soft opinion of your own team. Mernda cant make it hey

In respect to your persistant observations of the Macleod team, did you
tell any of the players what you thought of them or does this come
straight from the bravery of your keyboard ?

Would you like me to put your actual name on a thread so we peahearts at Macleod are aware of your trivial opinions? (hey RA )

My persistant observations do come from experience. That tall lanky bloke that played on me in the first half in the twos kept running off me... as you should know running isn't my forte. After I buried him holding the ball and whispered in his ear that its going to get harder and harder the peaheart didn't move more then 5m away from me!
Not to mention that big bloke in the ruck that looks like a solid unit, after a good bump to him he turned and sooked to the umpire... I nearly pissed myself when the umpire said "If you don't like it go and play netball!"

AHHHHHAHAHHAHAHAH For your information its quite general knowledge who I am, I make no attempt to hide my identity. Rodney Adams, #53 for mernda magoos for anyone wondering.

My persistant observations do come from experience. That tall lanky bloke that played on me in the first half in the twos kept running off me... as you should know running isn't my forte. After I buried him holding the ball and whispered in his ear that its going to get harder and harder the peaheart didn't move more then 5m away from me!
Not to mention that big bloke in the ruck that looks like a solid unit, after a good bump to him he turned and sooked to the umpire... I nearly pissed myself when the umpire said "If you don't like it go and play netball!"

AHHHHHAHAHHAHAHAH For your information its quite general knowledge who I am, I make no attempt to hide my identity. Rodney Adams, #53 for mernda magoos for anyone wondering.

Thanks for your incisive response regarding the reserves numbnuts.....
What about naming some of the peahearts from the senior team

LLGoose, you really are a goose. Imagine coming on here and gobbing off like you have about the Macleod 2s. You, no 53, got towelled up in that game. Just one goal from CHF and just a handfull of touches for the game, not really a great contribution was it, but then again it was cold & wet & you had to go to work so had to keep yourself nice.

If you want to talk about sooks that day have a word to your no 43 in the 1s. Spent the first 2 & 1/2 quarters trying to rough up A. Bennett, who is half his size, from Macleod but then when J. Bennett came on the ground and sat him (43) on his bum he cried so hard that he had to call for the trainer to wipe the tears away & then had to go & have a sit down until all the scariness went away. Now there is a sook for you. No 4 & 48 weren't much better.

To the Stars. Seeing that you can't sell grog, and only get small gate receipts would it not be in your better interests to play at away venues.

We choose not to sell alcohol. The only change here is that patrons are not able to bring their own.

Victoria Park is a great oval for players. It is unfortunate that these restrictions are in place, it is also unlikely any schedualled games will be moved to an alternate venue.

There will be an announcement coming from the Fitzroy Stars coming out on Saturday night that is going to further advance the Fitzroy Stars Football Club. The club is making great advances. And this annoucement could have an impact of where out home games are played after the split of Divisions.

Also, Dreamtime @ the G this Saturday night, its a shame the Fitzroy Stars decided not to take up the opportunity to play the curtain raiser again this year, because of NFL season commitments. Goodluck to the West Vic Eels (2008 VAYSAR statewide carnival runners up)

We choose not to sell alcohol. The only change here is that patrons are not able to bring their own.

Victoria Park is a great oval for players. It is unfortunate that these restrictions are in place, it is also unlikely any schedualled games will be moved to an alternate venue.

There will be an announcement coming from the Fitzroy Stars coming out on Saturday night that is going to further advance the Fitzroy Stars Football Club. The club is making great advances. And this annoucement could have an impact of where out home games are played after the split of Divisions.

Come on let me know where the rematch will be, I wont tell anyone.

LLGoose, you really are a goose. Imagine coming on here and gobbing off like you have about the Macleod 2s. You, no 53, got towelled up in that game. Just one goal from CHF and just a handfull of touches for the game, not really a great contribution was it, but then again it was cold & wet & you had to go to work so had to keep yourself nice.

If you want to talk about sooks that day have a word to your no 43 in the 1s. Spent the first 2 & 1/2 quarters trying to rough up A. Bennett, who is half his size, from Macleod but then when J. Bennett came on the ground and sat him (43) on his bum he cried so hard that he had to call for the trainer to wipe the tears away & then had to go & have a sit down until all the scariness went away. Now there is a sook for you. No 4 & 48 weren't much better.
J bennett, now there is a soft ****:D

Im not talking about sooks. Im talking about soft*****. FYI #43 is probably 3-4 years younger then Andy and even Mernda wouldn't ask a player to "rough" someone up. Thats the problem with you boys, whenever someone has a crack at one of you then they must have been asked to do it. Ever thought that maybe he did it because he just didn't like the player? I didn't see the game but it probably 90% of games two players end up bumping/roughing eachother up because they simply don't like eachother. Maybe your boy Andy needs to lay off the Stigs on a friday night at the pub:D

Thanks for the kind review of my game, ill take it on board and work on it. Unfortunately im playing for premierships and footy trips, both of which have been quite free flowing as of late!

Thanks for that Hulk... I've already bumped into Jezza three times in the last 8mths in casualty. We both know his a good bloke but meoowwwwwwwww since he made the move to Mighty Macleod!

Trouble is Goose, i'm not a Macleod supporter just a fan of watching local footy that happens to live in the Macleod/Rosanna area so I see them a bit along with lots of other sides in the nearby suburbs. I just hate it when you see a team come out like Mernda did to play the man not the ball. And thanks for your explanation of why 43 cried & sooked so much when he got bowled over obviously just a baby. And re your game maybe if you tried to get to where the ball is or is likely to go would help you get a few more possies.

Hey Moose if you cant get over Macleod do the rest of us a favor and put it on their own thread.
Each week we play a different team, try and share it around.:thumbsdown:

They kicked our arse move on. the good thing about footy is there is allways next week.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, Dreamtime @ the G this Saturday night, its a shame the Fitzroy Stars decided not to take up the opportunity to play the curtain raiser again this year, because of NFL season commitments. Goodluck to the West Vic Eels (2008 VAYSAR statewide carnival runners up)

Ihave two issues with this:

(1) You choose not to sell - Yet your supporters are walking around with slabs under their arms and alcohol in their hand, Please don't deny this as it is blantanly obvious. (by the way I found them to be no problem)

(2) You say great ground for players - I agree. But what about the spectators who put their had earned into the club and follow their clubs week in and week out - NOT GOOD
icon4.gif

Any way lets hope that after the split round your are out of that hole for the supports sake.

The next 4 weeks will be defining for Lower Plenty

Parkside, Hurstbridge, Fitzroy & Epping

They would have to go in as favourites against Parkside and Hurstbridge and underdogs against Fitzroy & Epping.

A loss in the next 2 weeks will just about see them flag favourites for D3

The next 4 weeks will be defining for Lower Plenty

Parkside, Hurstbridge, Fitzroy & Epping

They would have to go in as favourites against Parkside and Hurstbridge and underdogs against Fitzroy & Epping.

A loss in the next 2 weeks will just about see them flag favourites for D3

Fair summary. Certainly a big month ahead and have our backs to the wall. But after recent performances, wouldnt want to look any further ahead than tomorrow!

Come on let me know where the rematch will be, I wont tell anyone.
Take a punt?

Ihave two issues with this:

(1) You choose not to sell - Yet your supporters are walking around with slabs under their arms and alcohol in their hand, Please don't deny this as it is blantanly obvious. (by the way I found them to be no problem)

(2) You say great ground for players - I agree. But what about the spectators who put their had earned into the club and follow their clubs week in and week out - NOT GOOD
icon4.gif

Any way lets hope that after the split round your are out of that hole for the supports sake.

Slash, number #1 most supporters did this last year and we've never denied it!! but the club simply don't sell it:thumbsu: it was the reason the city of Yarra said no more alcohol at the ground not Fitzroy Stars.

#2 that's understandable our supporters have said the same we to would have to sit out in the rain to watch footy if the weather is bad. But at the end of the day the ground was available and we took it:thumbsu: hopefully things will be upgraded and venue conditions may change:thumbsu: FS as mention take a punt? Including facilities and use of resources. ROAR!!

Fair summary. Certainly a big month ahead and have our backs to the wall. But after recent performances, wouldnt want to look any further ahead than tomorrow!
Lower are much better than there ladder position indercates, having a look at there percentage gives an indercation of how close they have been in there losses. Considering the bad run of injuries you boys have still put in some strong games. It will be hard work to stay in Divvy 2 but you guys are not a Divvy 3 side.

Runners Up
Macleod - 1982, 2006, 2007, 2008
Mernda - 1996, 1997, 2001, 2002

Also heard a good rumour. Gary Moorcroft has cut his ties with Silvan and has had talks with the Mustangs.

Moorcroft has signed with Romsey, the rumour is $3000 to sign on and $1200 a game

Macleod
Whittlesea
Parkside
Mernda
Diamo
Wats
Stars

Well, another interesting round of matches with probbaly two matches having some signifcance:
1. Macleod, with Lynch and Exart to kick 10 goals each, to trounce the hapless Reservoir.
2. The disorgnised West Heidelberg wil get another football thrashing, this time from Whittlesea.
3. In the first significant match of the round, Lower Plenty, who are certainities for Division 3, host their menisis in Parkside and it should be the Devils who put anoter nail in the Bears coffin.
4. The big mouths from Mernda will have their day today as they shuffle Hurstbridge to teh bring of Division 3.
5. Another certainity for Division 3 in South Morang will have no answers whatsoever for premiership favourites Diamond Creek.
6. An interesting match on the hill, and in an upset Panton Hill may just get teh points over astill celebrating Watsonia.
7. The other significant match is at feral park, and if they can produce teh same form as last week, the Fitzroy All Stars should be able to overcome Epping.
See Ya !

Well, another interesting round of matches with probbaly two matches having some signifcance:
1. Macleod, with Lynch and Exart to kick 10 goals each, to trounce the hapless Reservoir.
2. The disorgnised West Heidelberg wil get another football thrashing, this time from Whittlesea.
3. In the first significant match of the round, Lower Plenty, who are certainities for Division 3, host their menisis in Parkside and it should be the Devils who put anoter nail in the Bears coffin.
4. The big mouths from Mernda will have their day today as they shuffle Hurstbridge to teh bring of Division 3.
5. Another certainity for Division 3 in South Morang will have no answers whatsoever for premiership favourites Diamond Creek.
6. An interesting match on the hill, and in an upset Panton Hill may just get teh points over astill celebrating Watsonia.
7. The other significant match is at feral park, and if they can produce teh same form as last week, the Fitzroy All Stars should be able to overcome Epping.
See Ya !

Some surprizing margins not so much results, thought Mcloed and whittlesea would have had much bigger wins.
As for Parkside putting another nail in Lowers coffin you couldn't be more wrong....they won't play divvy 3.....

Some surprizing margins not so much results, thought Mcloed and whittlesea would have had much bigger wins.
As for Parkside putting another nail in Lowers coffin you couldn't be more wrong....they won't play divvy 3.....

Macleod had a few coming back from injury and lost Lynch at the end of the 1st quarter with a fat lip. They played well in patches.
Reservoir - had some ok players but if you cant win the game......may as well knock a few out .

It seems to be common theme with the bottom teams.

D3 = Diamond Valley of 1985

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back