Northern Football League Division 2 - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richmond Football Club last night signed a partnership with the Fitzroy Stars Football Club, the Richmond Football Club will be working closely with the STARS, helping out with sponsorship areas, coaches training with Richmond coaches, trainers will be trained by Richmond trainers and the Fitzroy Stars will have the option to play games at Punt Road oval once the Indigenous Education Centre is completed.

Kevin Sheedys (Fitzroy Stars #1 ticket holder) speech at the Richmond President's dinner highlighted the importance of giving young people an opportunity in life as he recalled his first job opportunity.

Also, congratulations to the Brambuk Eels on winning the curtain raiser easily against the Imalu Tigers.​

Having watched both Macleod, Fitzroy Stars and Diamond Creek smash South Morang (as exspected), My opinion is that Diamond Creek look the goods.Morang were woeful against the Stars and the Kanga's but agains Creek they really played with some hardness and passion for the first 2 and 3/4 quaters i felt, keeping the marging to no more than 8 to 9 goals but were blown away by the big well drilled and skilled Diamond creek. Diamo's reserves won by 90 too and they r a big skilled unit aswell and undefeated, lots of depth at the Creek. Straight back up for the Creek i reckon, long way to go still but.

Richmond Football Club last night signed a partnership with the Fitzroy Stars Football Club, the Richmond Football Club will be working closely with the STARS, helping out with sponsorship areas, coaches training with Richmond coaches, trainers will be trained by Richmond trainers and the Fitzroy Stars will have the option to play games at Punt Road oval once the Indigenous Education Centre is completed.

You better keep an eye on those Tigers, the way they have been playing they will steal all your players and you will be stuck with theirs.:D

Re: Northern Football League Division 2 - Part III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzroy Stars
The Fitzroy Stars President has asked me to pass on this message.
had a good view of the game who cares if u cant buy grog enjoyed the game thought it was a good contest and they will push diamond creek next week
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Supporters of the Fitzroy Stars and Epping Football Club’s (And all other club scheduled to play the STARS at Victoria Park) are advised that alcohol is not permitted at Victoria Park.

The directive has come from the City of Yarra and will remain in place until the City of Yarra advise the Fitzroy Stars differently.

Please note that this is not a Fitzroy Stars Football Club policy.

The explanation from the City of Yarra for this directive is that Victoria Park is a closed venue and that there are parts of the venue that are considered construction sites.

In addition supporters of both sides are confined to viewing the match from the Sherrin Stand due to construction work at Victoria Park.

If you have any concerns or queries in regard to this directive please contact the City of Yarra.

Troy Austin,
President,
Fitzroy Stars Football Club.

Agree totally with these posts. It's time that the NFL adminsitration led by no-action Kev stop pandering to the VFL and look after the clubs, and importantly the supporters, who make up the league. Promotion is what it's all about. Notice that the NFL administration has made arrangements for one of their favourite clubs in Macleod while their ground is under construction, but what about the other clubs, in this case like Fitzroy All Stars.
had a good view of the game yesterday thought it was a great contest look out diamond creek i think stars will push use next week

You better keep an eye on those Tigers, the way they have been playing they will steal all your players and you will be stuck with theirs.:D

When is the completion of this centre expected.

i think the bears win over parkside shows that Lower are better than d3. Results this year are pretty reflective of where the club sits, other than the woeful efforts at watsonia.

a few big games coming up prior to round 13, every club in the hunt to stay up won't want to drop games, especially to clubs in a simular position.

a few big games coming up prior to round 13, every club in the hunt to stay up won't want to drop games, especially to clubs in a simular position.

I'm not saying a team would, but a team certainly could TANK a few games to give itself a chance of winning a flag, albeit a 3rd Divvy flag.

Kind of like winning a Veggie Veggie Final in basketball.

I wonder if this has been thought out by the league administration and what if any safeguards it has in place to prevent.:confused:

I'm not saying a team would, but a team certainly could TANK a few games to give itself a chance of winning a flag, albeit a 3rd Divvy flag.

Kind of like winning a Veggie Veggie Final in basketball.

I wonder if this has been thought out by the league administration and what if any safeguards it has in place to prevent.:confused:

I think they have on this one. A team winning the granny this year in divvy three remain there next year. In other words no one up or no one down in 2009.

Amongst you Division 2 boys,who would be percieved as the best players in Division 2... Haven't seen it for a couple of years,but names such as Page,Knee,Bennett,Corr,Lynch, Proctor would have to be around the top ten...Any thoughts???

Had some spare time, so i thought i would work out the average scores for & against and the average winning or losing margins.

Diamond Creek – 135 – 62 – 73
Macleod – 157 – 66 – 91
Fitzroy Stars – 118 – 85 – 33
Mernda – 115 – 98 – 17
Whittlesea – 113 – 70 – 43
Epping – 100 – 73 – 27
Watsonia – 91 – 85 – 6
Parkside – 109 – 124 – -15
Hurstbridge – 97 – 116 – -19
Lower Plenty – 121 – 85 – 36
South Morang – 94 – 134 – -42
Reservoir – 68 – 129 – -61
Panton Hill – 85 – 128 – -42
Heidelberg – 41 – 186 – -145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzroy Stars
The Fitzroy Stars President has asked me to pass on this message.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Supporters of the Fitzroy Stars and Epping Football Club’s (And all other club scheduled to play the STARS at Victoria Park) are advised that alcohol is not permitted at Victoria Park.

The directive has come from the City of Yarra and will remain in place until the City of Yarra advise the Fitzroy Stars differently.

Please note that this is not a Fitzroy Stars Football Club policy.

The explanation from the City of Yarra for this directive is that Victoria Park is a closed venue and that there are parts of the venue that are considered construction sites.

In addition supporters of both sides are confined to viewing the match from the Sherrin Stand due to construction work at Victoria Park.

If you have any concerns or queries in regard to this directive please contact the City of Yarra.

Troy Austin,
President,
Fitzroy Stars Football Club.

Agree totally with these posts. It's time that the NFL adminsitration led by no-action Kev stop pandering to the VFL and look after the clubs, and importantly the supporters, who make up the league. Promotion is what it's all about. Notice that the NFL administration has made arrangements for one of their favourite clubs in Macleod while their ground is under construction, but what about the other clubs, in this case like Fitzroy All Stars.
watch stars on saturday enjoy the view could nt see a problem

Quote:

What a stupid thing to say. The NFL Admin along with the various local councils have made arrangements for many clubs whilst their grounds have been reconstructed or returfed i.e. Diamond Creek, Watsonia and now Macleod and others. All grounds can't be redone at once, it takes time & hopefully clubs work together to facilitate this, after all none of them own their grounds.
And from my point of view I hope Fitzroy All Stars don't play games at the Punt Road Oval. I thought Vic Park was stretching it a bit but all the way to Richmond shouldn't happen. It is suburban football comp. afterall and Northern Suburbs suburban footy at that. I enjoy them been in the comp but please let it be at a ground in the northern suburbs. Lots of places like Blake Park opposite Northland or the ground just down from Target in Reservoir that never semm to have anyone on them. Keep it local.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a stupid thing to say. The NFL Admin along with the various local councils have made arrangements for many clubs whilst their grounds have been reconstructed or returfed i.e. Diamond Creek, Watsonia and now Macleod and others. All grounds can't be redone at once, it takes time & hopefully clubs work together to facilitate this, after all none of them own their grounds.
And from my point of view I hope Fitzroy All Stars don't play games at the Punt Road Oval. I thought Vic Park was stretching it a bit but all the way to Richmond shouldn't happen. It is suburban football comp. afterall and Northern Suburbs suburban footy at that. I enjoy them been in the comp but please let it be at a ground in the northern suburbs. Lots of places like Blake Park opposite Northland or the ground just down from Target in Reservoir that never semm to have anyone on them. Keep it local.

I agree. I wonder if any other AFL clubs will give Mernda or Macleod or Anyone for that matter a hand up like Richmond are giving Stars? Every other club in the league seems to organise another local ground whilst theirs are being resurfaced, why not stars?

Had some spare time, so i thought i would work out the average scores for & against and the average winning or losing margins.

Diamond Creek – 135 – 62 – 73
Macleod – 157 – 66 – 91
Fitzroy Stars – 118 – 85 – 33
Mernda – 115 – 98 – 17
Whittlesea – 113 – 70 – 43
Epping – 100 – 73 – 27
Watsonia – 91 – 85 – 6
Parkside – 109 – 124 – -15
Hurstbridge – 97 – 116 – -19
Lower Plenty – 121 – 85 – 36
South Morang – 94 – 134 – -42
Reservoir – 68 – 129 – -61
Panton Hill – 85 – 128 – -42
Heidelberg – 41 – 186 – -145

That's 30 minutes of time you will never get back.
Pretty useless exercise considering not everyone has played eachother yet.

we can't win a game down an the Hill. We can't play consistant football for the whole game. We play good for the first 3 qtrs and then we just turn into a mess. We will more than likely bounce back this weekend.

Thoughts?

Lower cannot use the fixture as an excuse. Mernda has played the every top side except for diamo. We haven't played any of the bottom 5...

Lower cannot use the fixture as an excuse. Mernda has played the every top side except for diamo. We haven't played any of the bottom 5...

Just had a look moose at who lower and mernda have played.
For comparisons sake lets take a look at the 3 teams they have both played so far.

Whittlesea
Lower lost by 10 points at whittlesea
Mernda won by 7 points at home

Macleod
Lower lost by 71 points at Heidelberg West
Mernda lost by 74 points at Heidelberg West

Watsonia
Lower lost by 26 points in a insipid performance at Watsonia
Mernda won by 6 points at home

Maybe the home ground advantage may have got menda over the line against whittlesea & watsonia, maybe not. Anyway, a wins a win, an mernda have got over the line in a couple of close games. But I recon both Lower and Mernda aren't too far apart. Should be a cracking game, but we'll have to wait till round 12.

if lower get relegated to d3 no one will blame the fixture.

all the lower boys are saying is the club is sitting below where they think it deserves to be, as a result of playing 3 of the better sides in this league early in the season. no excuses come round 13.

That's 30 minutes of time you will never get back.
Pretty useless exercise considering not everyone has played eachother yet.

Didnt take that long at all, its shouldn't take anyone 30 mins to divide a score by 6?...Its not going to hurt to have a stat to compare on a forum, thought i could just bring up a talking point.

As you would be. In recent years tho mernda has dropped games that they would have thought theyd win comfortably. Last year i think they dropped games to hurstbridge, fitzroy, and maybe smorang or parkside off the top of my head. Whilst at the same time lost close games to lower, whitt and that final to macleod.
I think lower are probably very close to mernda. in saying that i think mernda, lower, watsonia, whitt, epping, fitzroy and even macleod are fairly evenly matched and are all chasing diamo who are in there own rights favorites to take it.

5 wins from 6 games is fantastic from my point of veiw.
our next 7 games are

Parkside
Diamo
Heid W
S-Morang
Panton Hill
Lower
& Reservoir

I'm very happy:)

Diamo has only played 1 team in the top seven, Epping and won by about 3 goals.
So the next few week will tell us how good or bad they are.

As for Mernda everyone wrote us off pre season, slow starters no good etc.
5 wins and still you dont rate us. We have played 2 bad games for the year, Oak Park & Macleod.
I hope we will be 12/11 wins from 13 games then the fun starts.
We will NOT play that bad against Macleod next time around.

Underate us at your own Peril :mad:

PS: Well done to Smithy, All the best with your future as the NFL No1 coach:thumbsu:

Diamo has only played 1 team in the top seven, Epping and won by about 3 goals.
So the next few week will tell us how good or bad they are.

As for Mernda everyone wrote us off pre season, slow starters no good etc.
5 wins and still you dont rate us. We have played 2 bad games for the year, Oak Park & Macleod.
I hope we will be 12/11 wins from 13 games then the fun starts.
We will NOT play that bad against Macleod next time around.

Underate us at your own Peril :mad:

PS: Well done to Smithy, All the best with your future as the NFL No1 coach:thumbsu:

in your defence oak park are a super side......dropped to b grade this year have a shitload of injuries and are still smashing sides every week. oak park would be a middle of the table A grade side this year

Fair point. I do think though that a to be drawn to play diamo, whittlesea, macleod in the first 3 games of the season is a tough ask! In this season in particular, I think a better spread with the draw could have been organised. Did any other clubs or are any clubs scheduled to play these three sides in a row in the first 13 rounds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back