Northern Football League Division 2 - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diamo has only played 1 team in the top seven, Epping and won by about 3 goals.
So the next few week will tell us how good or bad they are.

As for Mernda everyone wrote us off pre season, slow starters no good etc.
5 wins and still you dont rate us. We have played 2 bad games for the year, Oak Park & Macleod.
I hope we will be 12/11 wins from 13 games then the fun starts.
We will NOT play that bad against Macleod next time around.

Underate us at your own Peril :mad:

PS: Well done to Smithy, All the best with your future as the NFL No1 coach:thumbsu:

I don't think anyone is writing merda off, i'm certainly not. I think most people are just pointing out that ladder positions of teams at the moment don't really show the teams real talent. Diamo and Maclead are streaks ahead in my book. But I recon there are 8 or 9 teams that on their day could knock each other off.

I don't think anyone is writing merda off, i'm certainly not. I think most people are just pointing out that ladder positions of teams at the moment don't really show the teams real talent. Diamo and Maclead are streaks ahead in my book. But I recon there are 8 or 9 teams that on their day could knock each other off.
whittlesea still play diamo,macleod,stars.think you might see them slide down the ladder

Fair point. I do think though that a to be drawn to play diamo, whittlesea, macleod in the first 3 games of the season is a tough ask! In this season in particular, I think a better spread with the draw could have been organised. Did any other clubs or are any clubs scheduled to play these three sides in a row in the first 13 rounds?

By the same token, if Lower Plenty were any good, you would have thought they would have knocked off at least one of those teams in the first 3 rounds.

How do you reckon Heidelberg West feel when they play Reservoir, Panton Hill & South Morang 3 weeks in a row....

how is aquilina going.very rare unit

Have seen 2 mernda games Aqualina was solid in the first and excellent against Whittlesea,his ball use was 1st class and was easily one of there best which l believe would have given him great satisfaction after his disgraceful ommission from the eagles final team from last year actually on reflection it was more than disgraceful

after getting belted by both diamo and lower wouldn't have thought parkside stand a chance against mernda this week or making the cut for div 2!

Have seen 2 mernda games Aqualina was solid in the first and excellent against Whittlesea,his ball use was 1st class and was easily one of there best which l believe would have given him great satisfaction after his disgraceful ommission from the eagles final team from last year actually on reflection it was more than disgraceful

Thanks for the input, Aqua had moved on when we played them I would think an ex-supporter would have as well?

i think all the departures from whit since last year were avoidable and aquilina was not the only player shafted.that is why whit will really hit a hurdle in coming weeks.no depth of any quality

Re: Northern Football League Division 2 - Part III

We choose not to sell alcohol. The only change here is that patrons are not able to bring their own.

Victoria Park is a great oval for players. It is unfortunate that these restrictions are in place, it is also unlikely any schedualled games will be moved to an alternate venue.

There will be an announcement coming from the Fitzroy Stars coming out on Saturday night that is going to further advance the Fitzroy Stars Football Club. The club is making great advances. And this annoucement could have an impact of where out home games are played after the split of Divisions.

Also, Dreamtime @ the G this Saturday night, its a shame the Fitzroy Stars decided not to take up the opportunity to play the curtain raiser again this year, because of NFL season commitments. Goodluck to the West Vic Eels (2008 VAYSAR statewide carnival runners up)
i thought it was a great view from vic park

what does everyone think of sth morang pulling the pin on this weekz game due to swine flu??

Heard on the radio just a while ago that 3 members on one of the teams had tested positive to H1N1 flu. Didn't say which team but if true it seems reasonable to postpone the game. It's going to make the outcome of who goes into D3 all the more interesting if games between the teams in the mid range of the ladder get delayed.

Did they pull out of this weekend because of swine flu!!?? its exactly like a normal FLU!!!!! ****ing soft *****!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor#53
what does everyone think of sth morang pulling the pin on this weekz game due to swine flu??

Heard on the radio just a while ago that 3 members on one of the teams had tested positive to H1N1 flu. Didn't say which team but if true it seems reasonable to postpone the game. It's going to make the outcome of who goes into D3 all the more interesting if games between the teams in the mid range of the ladder get delayed.

The Age website says that five South Morang players have been diagonised with H1N1. And now the NFL website is also reporting that the match hasbeen postponed, although the League is now calling it N1H1 - obviously a new strain!

But, in the League's advice there is an interesting comment:

"The league stresses that at this stage it is only South Morang Senior players that have been effected, and that the flu is just one of a number of factors why South Morang are short of players"

The last point is more interesting - what other factors have led to South Morang not having enough players for Saturday's two senior matches?

Could there be big trouble at The Lakes ?

Take it easy freddy,
better to be safe than sorry, the Swine Flu is all around that area.
Is it true the game will now be played on the Queens birthday weekend?

AVADIP, do u know if Troy Luff contracted the swine flu especially with his involvement with south morang???

AVADIP, do u know if Troy Luff contracted the swine flu especially with his involvement with south morang???
Toaster,
[FONT=&quot]I’m not able to answer that, everyone is sworn to secrecy. [/FONT]:cool:

Could there be big trouble at The Lakes?

Point taken Blinded by the Light,
Not having u/19s is a big loss, now they have to go out & pay for players and hope they gel together??

Quote:

I believe the facts are
1/ 1 reserves player has swine flu
2/4 others are quarintined(2 were seen walking around epping plaza this morning
3/ 10 players not selected last week in reserves too many players
4/No-one is actually sick
The real reason might be thatsome senior players not performing had money cut during the week and might have walked or is it a plan to sabotage the season so they don't go to div3, whatever it is it is crap no different to an outbreak of measles, torn hamstrings etc a massive over reaction, morang should be made to produce medical certificates or forfeit the game

I think the South Morang players obviously would want to play anyway, swine flu is the same as a normal flu. However I think the authories are the ones forbidding them to play.

Quote:

I believe the facts are
1/ 1 reserves player has swine flu
2/4 others are quarintined(2 were seen walking around epping plaza this morning
3/ 10 players not selected last week in reserves too many players
4/No-one is actually sick
The real reason might be thatsome senior players not performing had money cut during the week and might have walked or is it a plan to sabotage the season so they don't go to div3, whatever it is it is crap no different to an outbreak of measles, torn hamstrings etc a massive over reaction, morang should be made to produce medical certificates or forfeit the game
i believe the fact that you are a moron and have no idea what your talking about with concerns for the health of the rest of the club the epping football club and the children and families that go to the footy i think it was the right call on smfc part and as for the other ridiculos statement about players walking out you clearly have no idea as said with 15 missing out on a actual game each week there is more than enough players at the club but no walkouts as far as i know so to all those that do have an opinion about the flu then keep it to yourself

how is aquilina going.very rare unit[/quote

Played well against us & after watching Macleod vs Mernda it looks like they are using his speed to there advantage looks like he learned to kick while running too!:D,i do recall him in his younger days flying down our wing taking atleast 5 or 6 bounces then barreling the ball out on the full or into the ground 10 metres in front of him!,
We mentioned all the great recruits at the start of the year Mungara,Moore,J.Page,Corr/Lynch,...But has probably been slipped under the radar and most likely the fastest player goin in Div2?...Id love too see a grand final day sprint like they do in the Afl!
I rate him as one of the better younger players going around along with Lirrosi from Epping,B.Barden from Lower,Snowden from Whit,C and K Brown from Fitzroy,all going to be great players and are coming through!

But funny u mention rare unit!...3 clubs in 3 years?,Dropped all of a sudden from a final last year?Choose Mernda where he prob took a pay cut from whittlesea?or was it pay rise?...He doesnt have much loyalty.He doesnt seem to get on with any of his coaches?,and it was evident in games under Ronnie McEwan & Bugden!..I remember years back he kicked the footy on the roof of our clubrooms after losing a under 19's game?

Im sure South Morang would have Aqualina back in a glimpse at the moment!,looking at south morangs future its heading stright towards div3!,To think they could have Aqua's,Snowy's,Steven's,Hennessy's,Jinnety's still running around im sure they are kicking themselves,but were glad to have them at whittlesea,so thank u!.And yes Aqua is a good fella.GO EAGLES

Im sure South Morang would have Aqualina back in a glimpse at the moment!,looking at south morangs future its heading stright towards div3!,To think they could have Aqua's,Snowy's,Steven's,Hennessy's,Jinnety's still running around im sure they are kicking themselves,but were glad to have them at whittlesea,so thank u!.And yes Aqua is a good fella.GO EAGLES

Ur a bright spark aren't u, might help if u get ur facts right in that the above mentioned players chose to leave Morang. Yeah they had some talent but who would want a bunch of sooks with big heads and no loyalty anyway,just cause they had some differences with a few people,what footy club doesn't and yeah we are headed for D3, but at least we will do it with some loyal people regardless of their talent, who play for the club and not for themselves. At least we will be closer to a flag than you bunch of gonna be's:D. Obviously the mighty eagles aren't missing the players u lost this year, seeing as how ur gonna play finals footy this year,NOT!
As for the Swine situation, i agree with counterattack, and its better safe than sorry with all the histeria about it going around at the moment, the club has done the right thing whether it was their choice or someone elses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back