Northern Football League Division 2 - Part V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Epping had a very hard game today v Lower, both team were hard at the ball all day.
Lower came home with a strong wind (what's new at High st) but the Epping boy threw themself at the ball at all cost and won by 14 points.:thumbsu:

was at the ame was very interesting to see a guy from epping throwing a punch at andy knee quite early in the 1st quarter with both players gettin red carded for the match, the umpiring was a disgrace and the pingers got the better them but congrats to epping in a great game and to the bloke who took a speccy in the last quarter in the square that probably won it for them cant wait for rematch

was at the ame was very interesting to see a guy from epping throwing a punch at andy knee quite early in the 1st quarter with both players gettin red carded for the match, the umpiring was a disgrace and the pingers got the better them but congrats to epping in a great game and to the bloke who took a speccy in the last quarter in the square that probably won it for them cant wait for rematch

Hmm funny how two people can see the same thing and have totaly different veiws. I agree the umpiring was up to the NFL standard but NO-WAY did Epping get the better from them.
As for who hit who, have a word with the Lower bloke, he will tell you.
Was a nice mark.
Not looking forward to playing at your Juniors ground.:thumbsdown:
Go Epping

Hmm funny how two people can see the same thing and have totaly different veiws. I agree the umpiring was up to the NFL standard but NO-WAY did Epping get the better from them.
As for who hit who, have a word with the Lower bloke, he will tell you.
Was a nice mark.
Not looking forward to playing at your Juniors ground.:thumbsdown:
Go Epping
Why would you not be lookin forward to there home game, if my mail is right it's not as if you play or could play for that matter so I assume there is no dim sims for sale at there ground or Nuffy facilities which means your shit out of luck:p

Why would you not be lookin forward to there home game, if my mail is right it's not as if you play or could play for that matter so I assume there is no dim sims for sale at there ground or Nuffy facilities which means your shit out of luck:p

Now The Rusty Shit I dont know where you get your mail from but I dont eat Dim Sims, Hot Dogs are much better.:D

Now The Rusty Shit I dont know where you get your mail from but I dont eat Dim Sims, Hot Dogs are much better.:D

Would not eat the Dim Sims from Epping. Asked for some during the cricket season, the bird behind the jump stuck her finger in the middle of one and told me to come back in 10 minutes! Suffice to say that I purchased a sausage roll which came in a sealed wrapper!

Would not eat the Dim Sims from Epping. Asked for some during the cricket season, the bird behind the jump stuck her finger in the middle of one and told me to come back in 10 minutes! Suffice to say that I purchased a sausage roll which came in a sealed wrapper!

The Canteen @ Epping FC is run by some very nice Ladys during the footy season .
I've never been to the Cricket, But I will vouch for Floss and the Ladies during the footy season.:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Any news on when Hadyn Bryce will suit up for Lower? Is he injured or working? Or why isnt he playin? Surely the big virgin could get a game for such a bastard of a club

25.34-184 - Thomastown
def.
3.6-24 - Watsonia

Thomastown
Goal Kickers: A. Nicolo 5, P. Briggs 4, D. Folino 4, M. Schwabl 3, D. Wall 2, D. Mazza 2, M. Manley, R. Nedelkovski, C. Horman, S. Ball, G. Tinker
Best Players: D. Folino, M. Schwabl, D. Wall, M. Collier, S. Ball, M. Manley

Watsonia
Goal Kickers: S. Leeman, A. Cosham, M. Ryan
Best Players: G. Ring, J. Harris, T. McCluskey, A. Cosham, A. Legassick, J. Maggan

Round 5, 3 games could go either way,

Was at the Showgrounds to see Whittlesea v Diamond Creek last week and Diamo didn't look that good. there big white hope Gutterson did nothing and they can only play one side of the ground, if Epping is able to prevent that, Epping will win.

Epping by 17 points

Mernda struggled to beat Fitzroy Stars last week and Lower Plenty went down in a close one against Epping, Again, another close one but Lower Plenty to win.

Lower Plenty by 25 points

Thomastown vs Fitzroy Stars, this is a hard one to pick. Fitzroy Stars have been competitive for 3 quarters of the games they have lost, it has been the last quarter that has let theselves down. I believe they will string 4 quarters together this week and win.

Fitzroy Stars in a close one by 5 points

Whittlesea vs Watsonia, this game will be an embarrassment to the NFL, Watsonia has kicked a total of 74 points in 4 rounds, Whittlesea kicked more than that in a quarter against Mernda in round 1. Whittlesea to win.

Whittlesea by 100++++++++++

Seems all the big recruits have hit struggle town this year!
Gutterson,Fairchild,Lamaro,Sage,
Diamond Creek over Epping by within 10 points! Gutto has been no good so far dont expect him to fire up under Eppings defense,but creek should be good enough to get over the line!
Lower will Smack Mernda!50 points!...This is Mernda's last roll of the dice or they will fall to far behind the pack,Lower Have been sensational this year obviously recruited some good blokes and some good players...Where as on the other side Mernda have got nothing in return from there new blokes and i bet its not sitting well down there!...Mernda u had it right a few years ago when u went to ur under19's for talent.
Thomo to get over Fitzroy by 35 points...Its gonna be a tough year for Fitzroy,just slightly behind the top 6 sides at the moment and i cant see the experienced thomastown letting there guard down..Thomo have alot of work to do if they wanna even get near the top sides tho.
Watsonia will lose to Whittlesea by 1000 ponts...ok just joking but its not gonna be pretty ill say 230 points!Watsy,Watsy,Watsy...They Looked as tho they were on there feet again for a few years where did the cash go?Whittlesea has been very strong again this year..they have started this way the last 3 years but teams seem to catch up towards the end of the season...There was heaps of hype about fairchild but they did secure one new recruit Deards has been a fantastic recruit!Good luck to all teams!

Anyone know what the highest score kicked in a game during the DVFL and NFL history?
Whittlesea might just knock this record off tomorrow.

Anyone know what the highest score kicked in a game during the DVFL and NFL history?

Eltham 52.41.353 v Thornbury 1989
Lalor 53.32.350 v Watsonia 2004
Epping 54.23.347 v Thornbury 1989
Northcote Park 51.31.337 v Macleod 1994
Hurstbridge 50.30.330 v Fairfield 1996

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOOTYBOSS

Eltham 52.41.353 v Thornbury 1989
Lalor 53.32.350 v Watsonia 2004
Epping 54.23.347 v Thornbury 1989
Northcote Park 51.31.337 v Macleod 1994
Hurstbridge 50.30.330 v Fairfield 1996

Another round of interesting matches tomorrow:
Diamond Creek vs Epping. The Demons wer a bit disappointing last week and will bounce back.
Mernda vs Lower Plenty. A must-win game for both, more so Mernda, but the Bears can rebound from last weeks undisciplined effort.
Thomastown vs Fitzroy Stars. The oter Bears are hard to beat at home and the Stars will find that out.
Watsonia vs Whittlesea. The attitude of the Eagles players and coaches if (excited by the game ?) will determine their winning margin here.

Round 5, 3 games could go either way,

Was at the Showgrounds to see Whittlesea v Diamond Creek last week and Diamo didn't look that good. there big white hope Gutterson did nothing and they can only play one side of the ground, if Epping is able to prevent that, Epping will win.

Epping by 17 points

Mernda struggled to beat Fitzroy Stars last week and Lower Plenty went down in a close one against Epping, Again, another close one but Lower Plenty to win.

Lower Plenty by 25 points

Thomastown vs Fitzroy Stars, this is a hard one to pick. Fitzroy Stars have been competitive for 3 quarters of the games they have lost, it has been the last quarter that has let theselves down. I believe they will string 4 quarters together this week and win.

Fitzroy Stars in a close one by 5 points

Whittlesea vs Watsonia, this game will be an embarrassment to the NFL, Watsonia has kicked a total of 74 points in 4 rounds, Whittlesea kicked more than that in a quarter against Mernda in round 1. Whittlesea to win.

Whittlesea by 100++++++++++

My thoughts quickly on today's matches:
Diamond Creek vs Epping
Mernda vs Lower Plenty
Thomastown vs Fitzroy All Stars
Watsonia vs Whittlesea

Diamond Creek vs Epping
Mernda vs Lower Plenty
Thomastown vs Fitzroy All Stars
Watsonia vs Whittlesea

2010 Division Two Seniors
Mernda . . . 10.17 (77)
Lower Plenty . . . 11.18 (84)

Thomastown 5.1 12.3 18.8 22.11 (143)
Fitzroy Stars 4.3 8.3 15.5 16.7 (103)

GOALS:
Thomastown: Folino 4 Schwabl 4 Rachrache 3 Ball 2 Manley 2 Whittingslow 2 Abela Wall Horman Horman Nicolo
Fitzroy Stars: Hayes 6 Edwards 5 Ingram 2 Kanoa 2 Proctor

BEST:
Thomastown: Manley Wall Horman Rachrache Schwabl Folino
Fitzroy Stars: Hayes Nordhausen Edwards Hood Proctor Mitchell

Watsonia 0.0 1.0 0.0 1.0 (6)
Whittlesea 5.5 11.9 22.18 27.28 (190)

Diamond Creek 5.3 8.6 12.11 14.13 (97)
Epping 1.2 2.4 6.8 9.8 (62)

Watched about half of the game between Whittlesea and Watsonia today, and I must say if there was ever an example of a side on it`s last legs, Watsonia was it! The atmosphere was like a funeral, at stages I wondered why players were bothering to stay on the ground. The guy kicking in for Watsy continually tried to kick torpedoes that continually ended up tumbling into the arms of Whittlesea players who would then have a shot on goal. Centre bounces were non events and I lost count of the amount of Joe the Goose goals that were kicked. This is only round 5 and quite possibly things may even get worse if players pack it in and leave them more depleted!

It is pretty sad when Bigfooty has the final scores, Goal Kickers & Best Players before you get them from the NFL website

Whirttlesea 27 28 190
Watsonia 1 0 6

Whittlesea
5.5 11.9 22.18 27.28 (190)
Watsonia 0.0 1.0 1.0 1.0 (6)

GOALS:
Whittlesea: Buhagiar 5, Fairchild 5, Hobbs 4, Volpe 4, Dornauf 2, Deards 2, Heenan 1, Snowdon 1, Marks 1, Szikla 1, Page 1.
Watsonia: Ring 1.

BEST:
Whittlesea: Page, Snowdon, Heenan, Volpe, Mc Auliffe, Dornauf.
Watsonia: Daly-Thomas, Bennett, Ryan, Brundell, Ring, Legassick.

It is pretty sad when Bigfooty has the final scores, Goal Kickers & Best Players before you get them from the NFL website

Whirttlesea 27 28 190
Watsonia 1 0 6

Whittlesea
5.5 11.9 22.18 27.28 (190)
Watsonia 0.0 1.0 1.0 1.0 (6)

GOALS:
Whittlesea: Buhagiar 5, Fairchild 5, Hobbs 4, Volpe 4, Dornauf 2, Deards 2, Heenan 1, Snowdon 1, Marks 1, Szikla 1, Page 1.
Watsonia: Ring 1.

BEST:
Whittlesea: Page, Snowdon, Heenan, Volpe, Mc Auliffe, Dornauf.
Watsonia: Daly-Thomas, Bennett, Ryan, Brundell, Ring, Legassick.

In light of Watsonia's effort last Saturday, and in the previous weeks, and the follow-on from the article about North Sunshine in today's AGE - http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/r...f-after-401point-thrashing-20100511-upry.html - I did a quick check of how the last teams in the other local leagues are travelling to see how they compare to the Saints:
Western Region FL. Div.2 North Sunshine 0/5, 142 vs 1282 11.08%
Southern FL. Div.2 Lyndale 0/5, 100 vs 1126 8.88%
Eastern FL. Div.4 Surrey Park 0/4 188 vs 834 22.54%
Northern FL. Div.2 Watsonia 0/5 88 vs 912 8.77%
Not sure what colours Lyndale and Surrey Park wear but I did note in the newspaper article that North Sunshine are also are in the red-white-black. Let's hope all these teams and their players keep the spirits up for the remainder of their seasons.

Can someone tell me what the go is with Stars and drinking @ Vic Park games?

I don't know about during the game, but the after-match down under the Sherrin stand is one of the best going round. We had pretty much all of the players, both clubs committies, 4 of the umpires (of which I was one) and a large volume of spectators enjoying a bevvy after the game when Mernda played the Stars at Vic Park. I reckon we might see finals at Vic park rather than Cramer St come September...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back