JohnK

All Australian
Aug 11, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
port adelaide sometimes
I guess you guys are praying that West Coast beat Adelaide on the weekend.
You wouldn't want to be facing the 1997 scenario again.

doesnt matter this time around it is now 2005 and st kilda are a much stronger and classier unit than the pretenders of adelaide on a dry day at the g i would back the saints by plenty

kylekyne said:
doesnt matter this time around it is now 2005 and st kilda are a much stronger and classier unit than the pretenders of adelaide on a dry day at the g i would back the saints by plenty

we are prentenders yet you need a dry day to win ??

I would be confident going into a GF playing St Kilda - we had a ******** day last time we met and lost by 7 points, I can handle that

JohnK said:

at the moment we wouldn't want to be facing the 2004 scenario again and going out in a prelim!!!! Gotta worry about the swannies first!!

but if, big if, we got through this week, don't think i would rather play one or the other really, us and the swans are just hoping you belt the heck out of eachother :)

JohnK said:

JohnK The saints have moved on since 1997. We are looking forward to playing and beating Sydney to secure a GF position and then we look forward to play either West Coast Eagles or Adelaide . We dont particularly care which one.

So my advice to you john is remember it is 2005 now :)

I really don't care who wins the West Coast/Adelaide final.

West Coast has struggled against lesser teams at the G & Adelaide will be returning from a trip to Perth.

Whoever wins tomorrow night should go into the GF as favourites.

Capitalist said:
we are prentenders yet you need a dry day to win ??
which is why st kilda beat you in wet conditions at AAMI 2 weeks ago?

I would be confident going into a GF playing St Kilda - we had a ******** day last time we met and lost by 7 points, I can handle that
that was at AAMI stadium, this time it's at the MCG and you're coming off a trip to Subiaco.

SorryIHammerChicken said:
that was at AAMI stadium, this time it's at the MCG and you're coming off a trip to Subiaco.
Also if we were to meet the crows in the final we would have hudghton, mcguire, kosi and a more effective uninjured hamill playing which we didn't have when we played adelaide at AAMI....

Capitalist said:
"When you win the toss - bat. If you are in doubt, think about it, then bat. If you have very big doubts, consult a colleague - then bat." - WG Grace
Second test of the Ashes 2005
When Glen Mcgrath rolls his ankle the morning before the toss - BAT!!!!! :mad:

davieblaze said:
Also if we were to meet the crows in the final we would have hudghton, mcguire, kosi and a more effective uninjured hamill playing which we didn't have when we played adelaide at AAMI....

And you didn't have to worry about Mark Ricciuto.

JohnK said:

JohnK just talking to my mate in Melbourne who barracks for the Saints & he told me that he wants the Saints to play the crows in the grand final as only then can they exorcise their demons from 97. I wish the saints the best of luck as like i've said here before i really want to see the words 'premiership player' next to Robert Harvey as the guy's an out & out champion of the game, not to mention one of the fairest players i've had the privelage of watching play & far too often we are seeing champion players not involved or winning a premiership ala Gary Ablett Snr, Lockett, West, etc.

JohnK said:
I think its a little different this time buddy.The best side in the country on their day against a side that can stop goals (but apparently not against St.Kilda)but can't kick them and a side that two weeks ago was basically beaten by the oldest player in the competition on a night with no backline.I think you deserve an...ahhhh yeahhhhh...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems like the sainters took the win for granted even before a ball was kicked....

LOL, sorry shouldn't be talking much but couldn't resist

Remove this Banner Ad

Not Adelaide again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back