Autopsy Not even a yelp v hawks. Imagine if it was dry.

Remove this Banner Ad

A comment from earlier really resonated with me: these players clearly and GENUINELY believe that they are doing everything they can. But we know they're talented.

Or... they're nowhere near as talented as they/some supporters are willing to accept.

Or... they're nowhere near as talented as they/some supporters are willing to accept.
I'm open to alternatives, but to me it is a cop-out to suggest that our issues lie in drafting bad players. Other clubs are able to turn low picks into gems, and so are we.

I'm open to alternatives, but to me it is a cop-out to suggest that our issues lie in drafting bad players. Other clubs are able to turn low picks into gems, and so are we.
Its where the issues begin, then multiplied by us coming from such a low base.

Port for example can carry a few corn frances inconsistencies due to a more mature core.

Ironically enough, our low picks aren't the problem.

Players like Zurhaar (rookie pick), Larkey (pick 73), Xerri (pick 72), and Paul Curtis (pick 35) for example are good 'late' selections.

Unfortunately our 1st and 2nd round picks have been... not good.

And the players we've brought in via trades have been atrocious.

"Hawthorn and the dogs have been through it"

Have they though? The Hawks in 2004-06 and 2021 to now were nowhere near this bad and the dogs weren't either before their flag.
No one's been through it to this extent. It's easily arguable that every single ex football administrator/player alive today hasn't seen what we've seen. It's actually becoming increasingly arguable that the only players/administrators who have seen this sort of thing died before 1950

Last edited:

Players like Zurhaar (rookie pick), Larkey (pick 73), Xerri (pick 72), and Paul Curtis (pick 35) for example are good 'late' selections.

35 is a 2nd rounder after academy deals

That's a way too simplistic take.

Every single player drafted into the system has AFL attributes one way or another yet our players, regardless of if they have been with us for 1 year, 3 years, 5 years, or 10 years. Players that have shown they can play good footy in the past, collectively turn to shit when subjected to any form of sustained pressure, without exception. Yet strangely enough they also have the capacity to put a 10 goal lead on the reigning premier in a half of football when things are going their way.

They are talented, but they are losers. It should be obvious by now that the biggest obstacle for this playing group, and the club as a whole, is psychological in nature.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one's been through it to this extent. It's easily arguable that every single ex football administrator/player alive today hasn't seen what we've seen. It's actually becoming increasingly arguable that the only players/administrators who have seen this sort of thing died before 1950
In a time of ‘unprecedented equalization’.

Our players aren’t built for the modern game. You need repeatable speed and agility or strength and our players are largely only one of at all. We have completely missed the direction footy went. Add speed to Powell or Jy and even Sheez, and you will get a big jump in performance

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Still looking at going down to the lucky shag later on.

View attachment 2089876

Mel B Good Luck GIF by America's Got Talent

No.

If we are ever to emerge from the darkness we need a saviour.

Go all in, give him the keys.
Yeah, let's cook him before he hits 23 lol

Resting this ****ing shitshow on the shoulders of an almost 20 year old is the stupidest idea in the history of the club, so it may just gain traction yet...

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

To read Scottywipers comments re the players giving up after the West Coke game, and to hear Clarko say similar, is maybe the biggest kick in the guts I have had as a NMFC member for many years. What the actual fugg are they saying? We sooked up coz we lost? Our boys were depressed coz of the way we lost and then dropped their bundle? I am gobsmacked. Is this under 13s? I just cannot believe it. Would rather it have remained unspoken.

Yearning for the Laidley era where he'd get the boys to win games like this.

Embarrassing during 'First Crack - Preview' when Huddo ask Montagna and King if North could upset Hawthorn this week. They broke into laughter. That's how weak we are. Everyone knows it.

Insipid across all levels.

Coaching. Playing. Structure.

The club has the first half of 2025 to display any improvement.

Because if they don’t, hoo boy, the club basically dead where it stands.

To read Scottywipers comments re the players giving up after the West Coke game, and to hear Clarko say similar, is maybe the biggest kick in the guts I have had as a NMFC member for many years. What the actual fugg are they saying? We sooked up coz we lost? Our boys were depressed coz of the way we lost and then dropped their bundle? I am gobsmacked. Is this under 13s? I just cannot believe it. Would rather it have remained unspoken.

We seem to be routinely shellshocked in first quarters when oppos have the audacity to kick a goal on us and immediately drop our heads, leading to run-ons. I can believe it lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Not even a yelp v hawks. Imagine if it was dry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back