Autopsy Not even a yelp v hawks. Imagine if it was dry.

Remove this Banner Ad

To read Scottywipers comments re the players giving up after the West Coke game, and to hear Clarko say similar, is maybe the biggest kick in the guts I have had as a NMFC member for many years. What the actual fugg are they saying? We sooked up coz we lost? Our boys were depressed coz of the way we lost and then dropped their bundle? I am gobsmacked. Is this under 13s? I just cannot believe it. Would rather it have remained unspoken.
Yep, it’s like they have forgotten whose job it is to change that mindset. It’s not an excuse, it’s a pretty poor reflection in leadership.

If I was told at the start of the year that we were going to get beaten by 124 in the rain - I'd want it to be the last game.

The cracks are there for everyone to see. No papering over our deficiencies with a brave and applauded last game like last year.

It needs to burn over summer.
Great comment. This exposure is better than a hint of improvement. We have some great young talent, but too much of the list is bog ordinary

That's a way too simplistic take.

Every single player drafted into the system has AFL attributes one way or another yet our players, regardless of if they have been with us for 1 year, 3 years, 5 years, or 10 years. Players that have shown they can play good footy in the past, collectively turn to shit when subjected to any form of sustained pressure, without exception. Yet strangely enough they also have the capacity to put a 10 goal lead on the reigning premier in a half of football when things are going their way.

They are talented, but they are losers. It should be obvious by now that the biggest obstacle for this playing group, and the club as a whole, is psychological in nature.

I'm sorry but this is something akin to battered wife syndrome.

How many seasons do we need to watch essentially the same list get demolished regularly before we acknowledge that the list is the issue?

When have you ever heard of a 1st year kid come in and not only instantly look like the best player, but win the BnF in his rookie year and very likely go back-to-back in his 2nd year? That's both an indication of how special Sheezel is to be sure, but also a massive indictment on the state of our list.

People who deny our list is bad are putting their heads in the sand and ignoring the inconvenient truth, holding on to hope that some sort of magic beans will turn this around quickly.

Yep, it’s like they have forgotten whose job it is to change that mindset. It’s not an excuse, it’s a pretty poor reflection in leadership.
Yep - why would Clarko even admit that? It is a massive failing by the club to be able to see that and not deal with it. Just highlights our total lack of leadership across the club. Enough is enough.

Last edited:
To read Scottywipers comments re the players giving up after the West Coke game, and to hear Clarko say similar, is maybe the biggest kick in the guts I have had as a NMFC member for many years. What the actual fugg are they saying? We sooked up coz we lost? Our boys were depressed coz of the way we lost and then dropped their bundle? I am gobsmacked. Is this under 13s? I just cannot believe it. Would rather it have remained unspoken.
If true, and it has been confirmed, so I cannot agree more!!! Shocking indictment on leadership and on so called professional athletes. Thinking about some previous captains...Davis, Dench, Schimma, Carey, Stevo, Boomer, Swallow. Cannot imagine any of them accepting such drivel. People are bloody precious at times.

We are a disgraceful club, and I mean that truly.

No endeavour to get better, shitful standards, no leadership. A mute CEO, a coach who is mentally cooked. A list manager who shouldn’t be in the system.

More worried about keeping the books in check, shoving ‘love the game not the odds’ down our throats, the Huddle etc than winning games.

It IS nothing short of a disgrace. We will not be better next season either mark my words. We are a club full of losers and sadly one player in Harry Sheezel despite his best efforts won’t be able to change that.

I almost wanted the Tigers to get a small win so we'd at least have the #1 pick after that trainwreck of a season.
Then I realised once again the #1 pick isn't available to be picked up.

On our game: They found a way to let me down one more time this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Hawthorn and the dogs have been through it"

Have they though? The Hawks in 2004-06 and 2021 to now were nowhere near this bad and the dogs weren't either before their flag.
The dogs are the wrong comparison. They never bottom out, they have a recent(ish) flag, 60k members and are playing finals.

We don't compare to that.

If I was told at the start of the year that we were going to get beaten by 124 in the rain - I'd want it to be the last game.

The cracks are there for everyone to see. No papering over our deficiencies with a brave and applauded last game like last year.

It needs to burn over summer.
Great comment although I dont think anyone in the club has the balls to make the changes that need to be done. Jobs for the boys is a saying that comes to mind

The dogs are the wrong comparison. They never bottom out, they have a recent(ish) flag, 60k members and are playing finals.

We don't compare to that.
They also recovered from their post-flag hangover faster than most, the media were sinking the boots into them saying they were cooked and it was an exodus yadda yadda.

Nope they turned the list over, backed their coach and are back on the rise, they’re as solid as they’ve ever been.

Insipid across all levels.

Coaching. Playing. Structure.

The club has the first half of 2025 to display any improvement.

Because if they don’t, hoo boy, the club basically dead where it stands.
Pretty much.
We have 2 more years to turn it around imo, or the drums will be beating from every direction to fold us.

Our very existence is at stake here, and I don't think the club knows how to right the ship...

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Not even a yelp v hawks. Imagine if it was dry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back