Nrl 3.8 Million & Afl 3.3 Million

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny how you are having a dig at another sport because it has internationals. So what if it was a blowout, it happens, especially when one team is down to 15 players.

I didn't hear you bleating when the GF of the AFL saw 100 points between the top two teams.

Just remember, that is 17,000 more people than would turn up for an AFL international in NZ.

And about 35,000 less than the hybrid game against Ireland average.

Anyway, I think the few pre-season AFL games played over there averaged about the same as the RL test.

This thread still going? Damn...

Yeah Only because the thugby idiots are still bleating about their "sport" (sic)

The AFL and Australian Football in general around the nation are # 1 for TV rights,Crowds by a country mile,income generated and participation rates.

So dispute that you thugby fools and how about your NRL teams in Adelaide and Perth OH sorry you dont have any:D So much for a "national'comp":thumbsdown:

theres no way i could be bothered reading the entire thread, but i had to make sure that it had been thrown out there that this year 6.5 million people attended the 176 home & away season AFL games. NRL has 16 more games per season yet only managed to get 3million in attendance... so before coming and quoting some rubbish numbers, might want to make sure you arent making a complete TOOL of yourself, wrestling on the run (rugby) lacks skill and although they are rather large boys, you could train a pack or monkeys to be more skillful and tactical than those ******s. An another thing about rugby, its all head on, you can see when your going to get hit, AFL is 3 dimensional, 360 degrees, whatever you want to call it...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL crowds in Melbourne is boosted by people that have nothing better to do in thier miserable lives.

AFL=NO LIFE
And the reason NRL is popular in Queensland is due to the sport being very slow which makes it a lot easier for people like you to follow.

Rugby league: A game for simpletons

The initial effort was worth an 8.5, but to go 28 pages easily gets it a 9.995.

Yep. And it is evidence of the biggest rivalry in Australian sport, if not Australian society.

NSW/Qld based Rugby League supporters vs Victorian based AFL supporters.

I have lived in both places and I am of the strong belief that the former are the main instigators. Most avid AFL supporters love their team firstly and the sport secondly and they are the things that they focus on. The RL crowd have this thing about comparing "sports" as if their beliefs are constantly being challenged. Defensiveness at its best. It's as if they like to create an argument out of nothing. Get over it! :thumbsu:

The AFL crowds in Melbourne is boosted by people that have nothing better to do in thier miserable lives.

AFL=NO LIFE
Is that why the Qld R/L Crowds were far greater than NSW crowds or when Perth and Adelaide AFL Crowds are far greater than Brisbane NRL crowds? Poor desperate bastard

Just to elaborate on what I said earlier.

Victorians and AFL supporters generally are more passionate about AFL footy than the others are about Rugby League. Most AFL supporters love their team and they love footy. Most Rugby League supporters like their team and they like Rugby League. Associated with that difference is a perception that AFL supporters must be deluded for having such feelings about a sport which RL supporters consider can't possibly be any more worthy of affection. Their residual passion expresses or manifests itself at a different level. Part of that involves mocking those who they believe are deluded.

Victorians and AFL supporters generally are not more passionate about sport than New South Welshman and Queenslanders per se. But they are more passionate about AFL footy than the others are about Rugby League. The Rugby League faithful do not and cannot understand why. It is just like feelings of love. If you haven't experienced it you don't understand it and there is a potential to mock others who think that they have. :thumbsu:

theres no way i could be bothered reading the entire thread, but i had to make sure that it had been thrown out there that this year 6.5 million people attended the 176 home & away season AFL games. NRL has 16 more games per season yet only managed to get 3million in attendance... so before coming and quoting some rubbish numbers, might want to make sure you arent making a complete TOOL of yourself, wrestling on the run (rugby) lacks skill and although they are rather large boys, you could train a pack or monkeys to be more skillful and tactical than those ******s. An another thing about rugby, its all head on, you can see when your going to get hit, AFL is 3 dimensional, 360 degrees, whatever you want to call it...

I agree hudson22. We're selling all other codes short by calling this abomination a 'sport'.
It's more of a 'hobby' for brown-fingered big-headed giants with nothing better to do.
I'd even argue that rowing is more of a sport.

I agree hudson22. We're selling all other codes short by calling this abomination a 'sport'.
It's more of a 'hobby' for brown-fingered big-headed giants with nothing better to do.
I'd even argue that rowing is more of a sport.
hahaha true, in fact i'd find running into a wall more entertaining than rugby, not that it would be much different

AFL=NO LIFE
why in gods name are you on a AFL forum then?
just find it well, funny that you're saying AFL= no life yet you are here bagging the game.

I know Queenslanders are famous for being a little slower, but you my friend are taking even that too far.

Your parents should ask for a refund for you school fees!

Remove this Banner Ad

Nrl 3.8 Million & Afl 3.3 Million

Remove this Banner Ad

Back