NRL v AFL.. are people serious?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hell, the NRL is Code #3 in this town now and they know it. And even such attempts at success as they acheive in this town directly correlate to the performance of the Storm - their average yearly crowd peaked the year after they won the Premiership, and then settled in to a steady decline until this year, when they're flying and STILL couldn't average as much as they did five years ago. Pack the Drizzle off to Gosford.

Yippee!!! RL's ahead of Union Now?

The ARL and NRL have only really committed to growing the Victorian Market now. The half arsed crap that has gone before seems to have been replaced by a more pro-active attitude that involves actually spending money on junior development and booking in a number of Marquee matches at the Telstra Dome to increase interest in the sport. Come back in five years and we'll discuss Melbourne's position in the NRL after an actual attempt to create a niche in the market has been made.

Ronin said:
The NRL doesn't need to publish an AFL style manifesto each year on how they are taking over Australia, to expand the game. Remember that there where two other bids that lost out to the Gold Coast (Wellington and the Central Coast). If News decide to get behind a team in Perth, then it will certainly happen before any AFL team is launched in Sydney.

Lets see what happens when North Melbourne play at a 'packed' Carrara, just like they did in Canberra. I guess it will be like old days when they tried to crack it in Sydney, and then packed their bags and scurried away.:p

Just because the NRL will be happy playing in front 6000 people on the gold coast because they are to use playing in front half empty stadiums

A NRL team back on the Gold Coast , give it 3 years till they throw the towel in AGAIN

Kenny Hunter said:
Just because the NRL will be happy playing in front 6000 people on the gold coast because they are to use playing in front half empty stadiums

A NRL team back on the Gold Coast , give it 3 years till they throw the towel in AGAIN

If that is the case, why did the AFL scramble to get more games up there once the Titans where announced as the new NRL side?

Ever heard of the SL war, increased populations and demographics, new stadium or are you simply trotting out the old lines that you have read on this forum because you don't have a clue?

Kenny Hunter said:

Actually, there is only one sport that has had crowds anywhere near as low as the 6,000 mark on the Gold Coast in recent times.

And it's not Rugby League.

Ronin said:
If that is the case, why did the AFL scramble to get more games up there once the Titans where announced as the new NRL side?

Ever heard of the SL war, increased populations and demographics, new stadium or are you simply trotting out the old lines that you have read on this forum because you don't have a clue?

The AFL has been looking to play on the Gold Coast again for a few years now before it was announced the Titans were the new team

Super League like who hasn't , and what does that have to do with it
This is another go at the Gold Coast for NRL .And probaly in few years add that to the failed attempts of Perth ,Adel,Central Coast

Kenny Hunter said:
The AFL has been looking to play on the Gold Coast again for a few years now before it was announced the Titans were the new team

Super League like who hasn't , and what does that have to do with it
This is another go at the Gold Coast for NRL .And probaly in few years add that to the failed attempts of Perth ,Adel,Central Coast

What does the SL war have to do with Perth, Adelaide and GC not being there anymore? Go and have a look at threads on this forum.

The AFL only accelerated their plans once the Titans where announced. Alex made a point of it, so don't point the bone at me.

Ronin said:
What does the SL war have to do with Perth, Adelaide and GC not being there anymore? Go and have a look at threads on this forum.

The AFL only accelerated their plans once the Titans where announced. Alex made a point of it, so don't point the bone at me.
Perth had nothing to do with superleague
Tried the Central, coast failed there , and nothing to do with SL

Everywhere it goes it fails,Why ? Not so much the product , its the people who be running League over the years, Not prepared to put the work, effort, time and money in it

Kenny Hunter said:

Everywhere it goes it fails,Why ? Not so much the product , its the people who be running League over the years, Not prepared to put the work, effort, time and money in it

You are an imba.

Perth signed with SL you idiot, Murdoch promised 30 million or something like that if they went with Sl for their states developement.

As soon as he had them where he wanted them, he shut them down.

Adelaide was the same.

The Central Coast wasn't around when the SL war came about, the Bears were in North Sydney and Manly was still manly.

When they merged in 1997-98, they were shipped off to the CC, the CC hates Manly like everyone else does, why support a team you have grown up hating?

That's like saying to a Collingwood supporter, hey lets merge with Carlton and play in Wagga.

The CC wants it's own team, not some money grabbing ********s like Manly, who use and abuse.

You bag the sport, yet you don't know WTF you're talking about, trying to argue about something you have no idea about.

Give it up, you only look like a goose lying and shouting your propaganda.

Kenny Hunter said:

Perth - closed down at end of Superleague. Coulda survived but the will wasn't there at the end of the war.

Gold Coast - $1million in the bank, closed down by ARL as part of deal that was matched against Adelaide + Hunter.

Central Coast - I don't personally think it big enough for a team but Manly's hostile takeover killed it off anyway. More room for Titans I say!

akazie said:
You are an imba.

Perth signed with SL you idiot, Murdoch promised 30 million or something like that if they went with Sl for their states developement.

As soon as he had them where he wanted them, he shut them down.

Adelaide was the same.

The Central Coast wasn't around when the SL war came about, the Bears were in North Sydney and Manly was still manly.

When they merged in 1997-98, they were shipped off to the CC, the CC hates Manly like everyone else does, why support a team you have grown up hating?

That's like saying to a Collingwood supporter, hey lets merge with Carlton and play in Wagga.

The CC wants it's own team, not some money grabbing ********s like Manly, who use and abuse.

You bag the sport, yet you don't know WTF you're talking about, trying to argue about something you have no idea about.

Give it up, you only look like a goose lying and shouting your propaganda.

Yes but who put the Perth Reds in Perth it wasn't Super league

I know all about manly and Nth syd and central coast , i'm not going to spend all day going into detail but the is truth its another failed attempt by the NRL in another area
Central coast a league stronghold and build a stadium ,spend alot of money for what nothing the league and the club gave up , typical NRL

LebaneseForces said:
Were the Swans even drizzle in their 8th year?

Melbourne Storm are there to stay! Give them a half decent stadium and they will pull crowds... Victory got 15 odd thousand to there first game at the same stadium (Fudged figure? The Storm V Eels game surely had more, it seemed that way looking at the crowd)...

I was at the Victory game against Adelaide and the crowd was correct (around 15,600). It was packed at the ends behind the goals, and not so much in some of the stands

The Eels game had more in the stands than behind the goals

I presume that has more to do with the traditions of the games, that in soccer people prefer standing especially behind the goals, while in League this is not as common.

Both crowds looked and were the same amount.

JasonK said:
Perth - closed down at end of Superleague. Coulda survived but the will wasn't there at the end of the war.

Gold Coast - $1million in the bank, closed down by ARL as part of deal that was matched against Adelaide + Hunter.

Central Coast - I don't personally think it big enough for a team but Manly's hostile takeover killed it off anyway. More room for Titans I say!

My point , the NRL has been there own worst enemy , fighting amongst themselves and poor decision making
Just because there putting a team on the Gold Coast and building a stadium at Robina doesn't mean the NRL will not get up and run again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

StefanoRoccoWhite said:
These NRL vs AFL threads are like chasing your own tails.

Stupid threads that wont come to any postive conclusions!

i second that. so many posts, so many meaningless arguments. get over it, no-one is going to 'win' and convince the other, so give it up.

cat in sydney said:
i second that. so many posts, so many meaningless arguments. get over it, no-one is going to 'win' and convince the other, so give it up.

totally agree

But the NRL people should face the facts that AFL is bigger than the NRL.
Nothing wrong with that .
Nothing wrong with AFL , NRL and soccer spreading , good for the country , our kids with more choice

All living together as a big family

A threesome ,MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Kenny Hunter said:
Yes but who put the Perth Reds in Perth it wasn't Super league

I know all about manly and Nth syd and central coast , i'm not going to spend all day going into detail but the is truth its another failed attempt by the NRL in another area
Central coast a league stronghold and build a stadium ,spend alot of money for what nothing the league and the club gave up , typical NRL

What are you on about? The ARL put the reds there and they sold out to SL at teh first opportunity. They were intimately involved in SL and were caught up in the ruptions of the east coast league.

The stadium was mostly funded by NSW govt but whatever - the NRL loses little as the CC has proved in two codes that it can't put on a decent crowd. The junior talent is all league and it comes through to NRL level very well.

JasonK said:
What are you on about? The ARL put the reds there and they sold out to SL at teh first opportunity. They were intimately involved in SL and were caught up in the ruptions of the east coast league.

The stadium was mostly funded by NSW govt but whatever - the NRL loses little as the CC has proved in two codes that it can't put on a decent crowd. The junior talent is all league and it comes through to NRL level very well.

Being a NSW taxpayer like myself seeing our money wasted on a staduim which was built because there was going to be NRL side there
Didn't cost the NRL anything but its another thing the clubs and the NRL have stuffed up

JasonK said:

CC gets ok crowds in soccer

Sir_Adrian84 said:
CC gets ok crowds in soccer

Sorry but 7000 is not ok. 4,644 for one game this year but it was a rainy day so lets take the best regular season crowd - 12,000. Not enough when the league would be looking to go above its 15,000 average.

Kenny Hunter said:
Being a NSW taxpayer like myself seeing our money wasted on a staduim which was built because there was going to be NRL side there
Didn't cost the NRL anything but its another thing the clubs and the NRL have stuffed up

The State govt has back lots of unfortunate ventures. That happens in private and public spheres. Nth Sydney ran out of money as the wettest winter in decades prevented construction at the stadium. ***** happens.

Gridiron in Germany has a higher average attendance than RL in Australia !! :p :p :p :D

19K vs 17K !!

And SuperLeague in England avg's just over 8K!! :eek: :p

Just goes to show what a stupid, pathetic, boring game Thugby is !!

Ancient and Loyal said:
Yippee!!! RL's ahead of Union Now?

The ARL and NRL have only really committed to growing the Victorian Market now. The half arsed crap that has gone before seems to have been replaced by a more pro-active attitude that involves actually spending money on junior development and booking in a number of Marquee matches at the Telstra Dome to increase interest in the sport. Come back in five years and we'll discuss Melbourne's position in the NRL after an actual attempt to create a niche in the market has been made.
Exactly right.

ARES said:
Gridiron in Germany has a higher average attendance than RL in Australia !! :p :p :p :D

19K vs 17K !!

And SuperLeague in England avg's just over 8K!! :eek: :p

Just goes to show what a stupid, pathetic, boring game Thugby is !!

I can still hear the crowd now, for the Local derby over in Germany in the Aussie rules game.... League get a bigger crown overseas as little as it is so your argument draws nothing..

Shows you how dimwitted some people are...

AFL and the NRL will continue to grow its good for both games and good for port in general...

Remove this Banner Ad

NRL v AFL.. are people serious?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back