Official 2007 National & Rookie Draft Thread!

Remove this Banner Ad

Post your preferences here, bonus credit to those who have realistic suggestions.

Those posting completely unrealistic suggestions will be booed and jeered until my throat is sore. :D

I'm hoping for (short list): Callan Ward, Andy Otten or Mitch Farmer.

Re: National Draft Selection #31

i would of loved pat veserpremi but that isnt gonna happen. so i say renton or hopefully dawon simpson, could get lucky and he could make it to 31

I have Marlon Motlop somewhere between "unrealistic" and "completely unrealistic". Needless to say I'd be rapt to get him. ;)

Mitch Farmer i know he has been a very good TAC back pocket for a while and i have seen him play some very exciting footy as a forward but i think he projects as a midfielder long term...for some reason reminds me of Shane Crawford might not be the best comparison someone else may think otherwise...he's all class isn't afraid to get in and under when the time comes pretty good hands over head and below his knees and like i said all class! I also hope we can pick up Dulic who is also from the Cannons but only if it's with our third pick after we have grabbed another project ruck

I dont know any of them but ill hazard a guess and say callan ward will be our pick at 31.

I will now commence the booing and jeering...

Well, I don't have much knowledge of the various draft prospects, so my contribution to threads like this will be restricted to glib remarks. Occasionally I'll mix in an arbitrary rebuke of a guy whose name doesn't strike my fancy :p

Mitch Farmer i know he has been a very good TAC back pocket for a while and i have seen him play some very exciting footy as a forward but i think he projects as a midfielder long term...for some reason reminds me of Shane Crawford might not be the best comparison someone else may think otherwise...he's all class isn't afraid to get in and under when the time comes pretty good hands over head and below his knees and like i said all class! I also hope we can pick up Dulic who is also from the Cannons but only if it's with our third pick after we have grabbed another project ruck
And I went to school with him too.. Let's draft him!

Adelaide like him apparantly, so he probably will be gone by 31.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McGinnity or Ward.

Would love to get Motlop, doubt it though.

Renton's stocks have risen. Maybe a chance.

I reckon that due to the retirement of clement we need another big strong KPB so i would take a risk on jarrod baumann

Why would we want a motlop?

The other motlop's have never been any good so why would we want him.

I'd be happy with Farmer,McGinnity or Greenwood depending on wether or not they are avalible.

1 of Renton or Simpson should be avalible in the third round.

Harry Croft.

Went to draft camp, played every match in vic metro u18,

posted 14.1 beep test in the camp, solid time in 3k, fast rebounder.

Could see him fitting into the James Clement role in future.

Would be a super star.

I'll let you know after the BigFooty Phantom Draft...

It's hard for me, because there are some guys that might be around that I rate signficantly higher than that, so I feel like I might be unrealistic suggesting that they could be around.

I'm not sure of who exactly, but I think an inside mid is the way to go. We got a ruckman with our first pick, second should be inside mid, then ruckman with third, and inside mid and then F/S. Rookie list another ruck too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official 2007 National & Rookie Draft Thread!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back