Official 2009 National/Pre-Season/Rookie Drafts Super Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Welcome to Sydney Daniel Bradshaw... Finally

Very happy with how the PSD panned out because it means we should secure Dylan McNeil and hopefully Panos with Pick #10

Re: Official 2009 National Draft Discussion Thread

wow Playfair with our first rookie pick, that's suprising

he would probably be available much later on

but welcome back Playfair

sad for Noggy though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know a lot of you are going to be disappointed, but there is a limit to how many players the club thinks they can successfully manage. There is little point in drafting players for the sake of it. Remember we have the restrictions on how many listed players can take to the field for the reserves at any one time, so it wouldn't help the club or the drafted players if they're forced to miss out or play with another Canberra club.

We will have picked up (hopefully) Playfair, Gordon, McNeil, Crichton and McKaigue. Add that to Orreal and Gilchrist and it's a pretty fair rookie list.

I do not understand! Panos was the all-australian FF and averaged 3 goals a game in the state champs yet doesn't get picked up after 2 rounds of the rookie draft!

I know a lot of you are going to be disappointed, but there is a limit to how many players the club thinks they can successfully manage. There is little point in drafting players for the sake of it. Remember we have the restrictions on how many listed players can take to the field for the reserves at any one time, so it wouldn't help the club or the drafted players if they're forced to miss out or play with another Canberra club.

We will have picked up (hopefully) Playfair, Gordon, McNeil, Crichton and McKaigue. Add that to Orreal and Gilchrist and it's a pretty fair rookie list.

Again Grim is making a lot of sense.

Making a habit of it today :p.

Rookies need a lot of development work and we have a fair sized list coming on to do that with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official 2009 National/Pre-Season/Rookie Drafts Super Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back