Official 2012 Trade Period Discussion (#2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Cook is on the coaching staffs bad side and could be on the way out. Or rumor would have it that way anyway.

As for Watts they may have realized he won't bulk up enough to be a power forward and have plans to use him as a mobile marking target up the ground or an intercept defender where he can use his mobility, good hands and foot skills to hid advantage.

Also as Jamar gets older I would expect Clarke may eventually have to start playing more time in the ruck as Melbourne's current back up rucks look pretty ordinary IMO.

Watt's looked really good behind the ball, not sure if he'll ever be able to play on the gorillas (would need some bulk as you say) of the comp but as a +1 in defense he looked impressive. Reads the play really well, takes a strong mark and uses the ball really well. He could actually turn into a Ted Richards type :thumbsu:

I think that Cook is on the coaching staffs bad side and could be on the way out. Or rumor would have it that way anyway.

As for Watts they may have realized he won't bulk up enough to be a power forward and have plans to use him as a mobile marking target up the ground or an intercept defender where he can use his mobility, good hands and foot skills to hid advantage.

Also as Jamar gets older I would expect Clarke may eventually have to start playing more time in the ruck as Melbourne's current back up rucks look pretty ordinary IMO.
You look at the good teams and they have 6-7 really good mids I can't see 3 in Melbourne they should be using all their picks on mids instead of having 5 CHF's

Who are some good linebreaking defenders with decent kicks that could be recruited?

Dylan Roberton has requested a trade back to Victoria he fits the bill, Simon Buckley (most don't rate him) but would come very cheap and at least provide depth and Jordan Russell is also out there. As you can see though there's not a huge amount in terms of line breaking, skillful defenders

Watt's looked really good behind the ball, not sure if he'll ever be able to play on the gorillas (would need some bulk as you say) of the comp but as a +1 in defense he looked impressive. Reads the play really well, takes a strong mark and uses the ball really well. He could actually turn into a Ted Richards type :thumbsu:
Under Bailey he looked as if he was going to turn into a really good key forward. Its hard to play CHF when your getting flogged.

Dylan Roberton has requested a trade back to Victoria he fits the bill, Simon Buckley (most don't rate him) but would come very cheap and at least provide depth
Any chance we could lure Roberton? Simon Buckey jus bombs the ball long he has no composure.

Any chance we could lure Roberton? Simon Buckey jus bombs the ball long he has no composure.

Don't think so, CEO has said we probably won't make any trades other than Tippett + Roberton just wants to return to Victoria

PS Patty Mills is a boss :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we can slowly build around them leaving, no need to go out and get average options now, draft well and trade when need be but for now I think we're well covered
One that I really like is from Port he's only a skinny kid is Jasper Pittard remember Roosy rated him highly

Barich has tweeted that Alex Silvagni has been delisted. Better be bloody wrong, that would be so stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back