Oppo Camp Oliver Henry (Traded to Geelong 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

I doubt we've caved for 25 if Geelong are in the process of trading Stephens and/or Esava.

To be honest Wright should resign as list manager and just go back to the position he was originally employed to do if that's the best he can do under those circumstances. Clearly overworked.

Us being prepared to be "disappointed" probably just means don't go expecting a 1st round selection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep Dunkley is proven quality, I'm starting to believe that it's well past time for the AFL to shake up the rules regarding drafting - too many rorters and time wasters.
I think the Dunkley one in particular will force a rule change. There's compo if an uncontracted 8 year player walks out. Include a rule of compo if any uncontracted player walks out. If they're using draft picks for equalisation, there's more reason to give compo if the pick is yet to contribute much. So if a club is poaching uncontracted players it'll remove the you'll get nothing if you don't take this crap deal threat.
A bonus pick straight after the kid is drafted.

I think the Dunkley one in particular will force a rule change. There's compo if an uncontracted 8 year player walks out. Include a rule of compo if any uncontracted player walks out. If they're using draft picks for equalisation, there's more reason to give compo if the pick is yet to contribute much. So if a club is poaching uncontracted players it'll remove the you'll get nothing if you don't take this crap deal threat.
A bonus pick straight after the kid is drafted.
Would be a step in the right direction in addition to protection for clubs from the 'tied to the apron strings' effect.

Anything less than 25 and 33 we send him to the draft.

If that draft is of the PSD variety we redraft him for the cost of salary only and we look to get our 1st in 12 months time.

I'd love to see us make that kind of stand.
The thought is warming but GW is a pragmatic person - will be interesting to see the results.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Oliver Henry (Traded to Geelong 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back