Traded Ollie Henry - Traded to Geelong as part of a reported 3-way deal (details tbc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Generally all young marking forwards start as third talls. It doesn’t stay that way.

We now pigeonholing Henry into that role for the rest of his career to suit the argument around why he’s worth pick 25?

Not at all. How tall is he? You’d have to admit he’s not KP size surely?

Ok what do you think would be the order of a redone 2020 draft? Look at the Henry thread on the Pies board and it's full of people claiming Henry is "clearly" or "easily" in the top 10 if the draft was redone.

So is it:
A) they rate Henry well above Ginnivan and McCreery?
Or
B) those fans are so deluded they think all of McCreery, Ginnivan and Henry are "clearly" top 10 if the draft was redone?
I don't think many will agree but I think McCreery is going to be the best of that group of 3. I think they should all have good careers though.

The point that you don't get is that on average, retrospectively, you get less than the 10th best player in the draft for pick 10. Or in terms of what Geelong are offering, you get less than 25th best player in the draft for pick 25.

He’s the same height as Jeremy Howe, Jake Kelly, Tom Stewart, Dane Rampe and Tim Membrey. Do those guys play FF/CHF/FB/CHB?

I’ve always attributed a player’s strengths to his position, not his height in CMs. Henry’s strengths are his leap, hands and reading the flight of the ball.

He’s an undersized one, but so is Curnow, that didn’t stop him from winning the Coleman.

Ok what do you think would be the order of a redone 2020 draft? Look at the Henry thread on the Pies board and it's full of people claiming Henry is "clearly" or "easily" in the top 10 if the draft was redone.

So is it:
A) they rate Henry well above Ginnivan and McCreery?
Or
B) those fans are so deluded they think all of McCreery, Ginnivan and Henry are "clearly" top 10 if the draft was redone?

I can't speak for my fellow supporters but I rate Ollie a much better prospect than Ginnivan or McCreery. I believe he could be an A-grader whereas not sure the other two could reach those heights.

Generally all young marking forwards start as third talls. It doesn’t stay that way.

We now pigeonholing Henry into that role for the rest of his career to suit the argument around why he’s worth pick 25?
Dude he is only 189cm. 5cm shorter then his brother who is also too small to be key position player.

He’s the same height as Jeremy Howe, Jake Kelly, Tom Stewart, Dane Rampe and Tim Membrey. Do those guys play FF/CHF/FB/CHB?

I’ve always attributed a player’s strengths to his position, not his height in CMs. Henry’s strengths are his leap, hands and reading the flight of the ball.

He’s an undersized one, but so is Curnow, that didn’t stop him from winning the Coleman.
He aint as tall as curnow. Bad comparison.

I think they rate them all but you said they don't rate ginnivan and Mccreery, btw none of them would go top 10 but I think all would be in top 25

I just think if they have Henry clear top 10 then either they don't know that there are 18 other teams or they rate him way above Ginnivan and McCreery.

Agreed on the ratings. I'd have Ginnivan 10-15, Henry 15-20 and McCreery 20-25 or something like that.

No KP amongst Jeremy Howe, Jake Kelly, Tom Stewart, Dane Rampe and Tim Membrey 🤪
None of them would ideally play as genuine KPP though? Maybe they do out of necessity or lack of options, but they would all be 'medium tall' types in a properly balanced list.

Stewart would only play true KPD if Henry and DeKoning both went down, for example.

He's not going to be the type that stands in a pack and wrestles, but neither is Jeremy Cameron.

If we're looking at future or past stars of the AFL that he should be aspiring to be like, it's James Hird. I don't think he'll get anywhere near that level though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Geelong came to me.. and they said to me man.. and they said to me man.. here's P25 for Ollie man.. here's P25 for Ollie man.. you know what I'd say to that man.. you know what I'd say to that man.. 'C'moon maan.. c'moooooon maaaaaaaan'. That's it mate. Forget about it mate.. forget about it.

No KP amongst Jeremy Howe, Jake Kelly, Tom Stewart, Dane Rampe and Tim Membrey 🤪
You've named 4 defenders when Henry is a forward. And you've named Membrey who is clearly the most similar comparison but is a pretty average 2nd-3rd tall forward.

If Henry's upside is he becomes a Tim Membrey then I'd prefer to just keep pick 25.

Gee Class Loco knows man.. he knows mate.. all Geelong is doing is striking a pose of P25 for Ollie man.. all Geelong is doing is striking a pose of P25 for Ollie man.. enough of the P25 striking a pose shenanigans man.. enough of the P25 striking a pose shenanigans man.. let's do the right thing and strike a deal mate.. of P7 for Ollie man.. let's do the right thing and strike a deal mate.. of P7 for Ollie man.. c'mon man.

I do. He’s not a real need for us atm with Rohan playing that 3rd tall role currently and having Dempsey in the wings who looks very promising. Our priority has been to try replace our ageing midfield. And add to our KP stocks that are very thin.

If he’s not a real need for you why are you bothering to try and get him to Geelong? Just because he asked for it?

When Randall says the Cats offered 38 or whatever for him. It just couldn’t be true.

When you guys hear Mackie say Ollie initiated contact and the Cats didn’t do the chasing (or something along those lines) you guys take it as gospel.
Compare the pair.

Matt Rendell resigned from Adelaide for racist remarks. Let go from Collingwood. Now sits in the peanut gallery with the afl.com.au muppets boring us for 10 hours a day with drivel.

Mackie. Finishes playing career. Moves directly into player scouting. Quickly promoted to list manager.

Only an idiot listens to the ******* that is Rendell. If he was any good at list management he’d be employed by an AFL club. Not a Trade Radio nuffie.

Why do you care?

I don’t particularly care but I think he’s going to be a very good forward. I just can’t understand why Cats supporters keep saying you have no need of him but you’re still trying to get him to Geelong and think the Pies should just accept whatever you want to throw at them.
Plus it’s an entertaining thread to read.

If Geelong came to me.. and they said to me man.. and they said to me man.. here's P25 for Ollie man.. here's P25 for Ollie man.. you know what I'd say to that man.. you know what I'd say to that man.. 'C'moon maan.. c'moooooon maaaaaaaan'. That's it mate. Forget about it mate.. forget about it.

Classic Gimpy.....man!!

If he’s not a real need for you why are you bothering to try and get him to Geelong? Just because he asked for it?

They're making out as if Ollie is the hair color that doesn't match the box man.. truth of the matter.. he is the hair color on the box man.

I don’t particularly care but I think he’s going to be a very good forward. I just can’t understand why Cats supporters keep saying you have no need of him but you’re still trying to get him to Geelong and think the Pies should just accept whatever you want to throw at them.
Plus it’s an entertaining thread to read.
You’re missing a key word though. Immediate.

Bruhn and Bowes are more of immediate need given how many mids/wing/hbf are 30+ with 1-3 years left. We simply must get some young mids and some plug n play mids into the club.

If we hold onto Fr1 I am confident in 12 months time if the bombers have another bad year we’ll go hard at Parish.

Sure, Henry will be useful as well. But not as critical as the roles we’re chasing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Ollie Henry - Traded to Geelong as part of a reported 3-way deal (details tbc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back