Traded Ollie Henry - Traded to Geelong as part of a reported 3-way deal (details tbc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah it was all because of Mac that you got pick 7 and Bowes or was it?? Anyone could have done that trade. GC were desperate.
What else did he do. Guess he kept a first and future first. Thats a tick.
Not sure about all your picks 38, future 2nd, 3rd and 4th for pick 25. It was a bit on the poor side of things. but not a tragedy.
Did you rate Stephens? Was he at Henry's level? What about Henry and 25?
In the end you got Henry. He should be a gem. But it wasn't really the Mac who did that.
Over all I give the Mac a C+ (very dynamic manager and entertaining, but some poor overall decisions)
What would you grade Wright?

Yeah it was all because of Mac that you got pick 7 and Bowes or was it?? Anyone could have done that trade. GC were desperate.
Not sure about all your picks 38, future 2nd, 3rd and 4th for pick 25. It was a bit on the poor side of things. but not a tragedy.
In the end you got Henry. He should be a gem. But it wasn't really the Mac who did that.
Over all I give the Mac a C+ (very dynamic manager and entertaining, but some poor overall decisions)

Ultimately, Geelong got most of their targets, kept Pick 7, kept next years first. Regardless, it was a very good trade period. Probably the best for Geelong in a long long time.

Opposition supporters can think otherwise, that is fine. All I know is I am quite happy with the results :p

It ended up basically:

OUT: Pick 18 + Future 2nd + Future 3rd + a VFL player + a bunch of late picks we weren't going to use anyway

IN: Pick 7 + Bowes + Bruhn + Henry

If that's a C+ effort, fair enough. I guess I can't wait for 2023 when Mackie's got the training wheels off and actually does something good.

It ended up basically:

OUT: Pick 18 + Future 2nd + Future 3rd + a VFL player + a bunch of late picks we weren't going to use anyway

IN: Pick 7 + Bowes + Bruhn + Henry

If that's a C+ effort, fair enough. I guess I can't wait for 2023 when Mackie's got the training wheels off and actually does something good.
This thread is about Henry not Geelong's trade period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Compared to the other players Geelong traded in he was low priority for sure. But in the end, it all got done and everyone can leave happy.
I sense a few Cats supporters will leave a little less happy than everyone else today after what they thought was going to happen 😁

What would you grade Wright?
We overpayed for Hill and Frampton but it was done quickly. I get it because we had a lot to do it had to be done quickly. but we were poor with those two deals. The Grundy deal was a must to get in Mitchell. Did we get reamed? For sure but we also got most of his salary off the books. We needed more time to get 13 for 16 but maybe we got more cap off our books it was hard to judge the overall trade because an undisclosed amount of salary was payed by us. The only saving grace was the Henry deal was a good one. Sure we didn't get a first but Mitchell and 25 is similar so thats a win.
Overall D+ (He is a plodder but he stuck fast at the end) Could have been an E if it was Henry for 25.

Last edited:
Did you not spend those getting Henry? Don't fudge the numbers to make yourself feel better. That's a ******* lot for a player that's shown a bit.

I am content Geelong overpaid considering how well everything else has gone. And how cheap they got players like Stengle and Stewart. The ledger is still balanced the other way really.

I sense a few Cats supporters will leave a little less happy than everyone else today after what they thought was going to happen 😁

99% of Geelong supporters won't care. Seriously. Geelong just won the flag and had one of their greatest trading periods for the club ever. Paying overs for Henry won't change that. I really don't understand the point of rubbing it in. Grats, collingwood did well. But seriously, none of us supporters are going to give two shits.

Have to laugh at the rhetoric that Geelong have been reamed by letting a kid that's not in their first 30 blokes picked leave, he'd have walked for nothing in 12 months in reality.
Nah the joke is that Geelong weren’t going to blink, but they did in the end. That’s what we’re finding funny 😂

Stay classy San Diego
Ollie gonna have to have a tougher skin than you if he's any chance. Opposition smell blood of any player as soft as butter.

I've always believed his skill level is immense - in hindsight a top 10 from his draft class - great reader of the ball, fantastic contested mark - but mentally weak (take a look as Pies vs Dogs this year).

I would've liked to keep him, but now he's shown his true colours - see ya

Nah the joke is that Geelong weren’t going to blink, but they did in the end. That’s what we’re finding funny 😂

How so, by giving up a kid that in all likelihood won’t make it. We’ve got the best player in this deal with 10 years of AFL ahead of him.

And come out of a draft, as Premiers, with effectively four first round picks, while keeping our future first.

We’re good, thanks x

The deal is classic Geelong.

Let the other team have an insignificant win at the end of the deal so they can get the deal done without embarrassing themselves in front of their fan base. Geelong gets the player they want at a price that are happy with. And then when the deal is assessed in 2-3 years time it is clear that Geelong have made out like bandits.

Wells has been doing these types of deals for years, this deal has his stamp all over it.

Pleasure doing business with you, please come again👍
So we went from Henry threatening to go to the draft, and the Pies losing him for nothing if we don’t accept 25, to then getting 25 AND a Brownlow Medalist for a kid who was OOC, that Cats fans thought they might get for just pick 25.

In the end, instead of getting him for nothing, they lose a kid who was drafted at pick 16 as a midfielder - who just had his first injury free season.

Mind you, this was after a spiel that midfielders are the priority, so Henry is ‘less important’. You end up giving up this young midfielder (who some of your supporters were rating as equal to Henry) WITH 25 for Henry.

You couldn’t have written this if you’d tried 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Ollie Henry - Traded to Geelong as part of a reported 3-way deal (details tbc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back