Bumped Omg not andy collins

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep.

For the Richmond people saying Carlton are trolling - wake up. I would prefer Grigg hands down, however Carlton don't really have a choice so at least Collins has potential. Grigg > Collins but only marginally (hopefully) so it's a fair trade.

:thumbsu:

if your input on this trolling post had any truth to it i would say fair enough, but your just egging it on, go away troll.

it is now official

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/103974/default.aspx

Richmond has completed its second trade for the week, acquiring Shaun Grigg from Carlton in a direct swap for Andrew Collins.

Grigg, 22, 190cm and 85kg, is a tough, hard-running midfielder, who has played 43 league games since being recruited by the Blues, with selection 19, in the 2006 AFL National Draft.

He played eight of the last nine games in an impressive finish to the 2010 season, before straining a hamstring, which forced him out of Carlton’s elimination final against Sydney. In five of those appearances, he gathered 20 possessions or more, with a career-high 29 touches against West Coast at Subiaco in Round 17.

“Shaun is the type of player we are looking to add to our list. He’s got some experience, having been in the AFL system a few years, but is still young and will add to our midfield mix,” said Richmond’s General Manager of Football, Craig Cameron.

“We believe he will be a good fit for our side. He’s got a bit of size for a midfielder, is hard at it, and has a really good “engine”, which will help us next year with the changes to the interchange system.”

“And he will give us the opportunity to release some of our midfielders to be more damaging options across the field.”

Cameron reiterated the Club’s philosophy during this trade period . . .

“It’s been a priority for us to protect our selections in the upcoming draft, so we can recruit more young talent. But if the opportunity came up to bring in some players who are in the right age and experience bracket, then we’d be interested. And, Shaun certainly falls into that category,” he said.

Collins, 22, was drafted by Richmond at selection 73 in the 2006 National Draft, and has played 25 games since making his league debut in 2009.

“Andrew is a quality, young player, but, at the end of the day, you have to give up something decent to get something decent, and that’s what happened with this trade,” Cameron said.

Sad stuff to see a well liked player who is at the right stage of his career for us leave.

I know Grigg is alright, but it makes me sick thinking of Collins at Carlton.

I'll miss Collins

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel for you fans. They trade a contracted guy who loves the club and his team mates for a guy who wants to leave his team mates for more cash. As for talent level of players I also think Collins suits you guys better with his skill level which compliments Martin, Foley, Cotch, Tuck etc. I think Hartley and Cameron have gotten a bit cute with this.

deeply disappointed in the club atm.

it's one thing to trade for a bloke like grigg - from all accounts, he's a solid enough player and a decent bloke. it's quite another to pitch to the fans "ooh, don't worry guys. we're not about the quick fix. we're about youth and development! buy a membership!", and then go and trade andy collins - the best representative of the RFC's development philosophy - for someone like grigg. feels to me at the moment like we supporters here, on the FB page, and on the twitter account have been used for crowdsourcing - nothing more.

To be honest, i think the only reason why there is a mentality that we won this trade, and you lost it, is the way the trade went about. Clearly Andy Collins sounds like a good, dedicated kid, who most of you seem to really like. Us Blue fans have lost interest in Grigg, because of the way he left, but at the end of the day, both seem to fill a need at both clubs, both have a lot of ability and seem to be talented. Win/Win if you ask me (if you ignore the way the trade actually went about)

Gutted, absolutely gutted

“Andrew is a quality, young player, but, at the end of the day, you have to give up something decent to get something decent, and that’s what happened with this trade,” Cameron said.

.....but we could have picked him up in the draft for nothing

God I hate you Cameron

To be honest, i think the only reason why there is a mentality that we won this trade, and you lost it, is the way the trade went about. Clearly Andy Collins sounds like a good, dedicated kid, who most of you seem to really like. Us Blue fans have lost interest in Grigg, because of the way he left, but at the end of the day, both seem to fill a need at both clubs, both have a lot of ability and seem to be talented. Win/Win if you ask me (if you ignore the way the trade actually went about)

Why dont you both fukc off to your cheating tanking board bunch of drug addicts.

what the f*** is your problem d***head? im just posting thats its official.

get off your high horse and suck it you bitter C***

as for grigg i always rated him and was sad to hear he wanted to go. GL to him at the tiges

I can't believe this. I hope to god Cameron is not Miller 2.0:mad:.
Now that the trade is official, all that can be done is sit tight and see what happens. Still, what a disappointing day.:mad:

I'm gutted but one thing is for sure no one will ever break Andy's club record of hanging 11 wet beach towels off his member unless Grigg or Houli are built like donkeys. Andy will so up Koutas long standing record of 3 tea towels after his first training run at Carlton.

Thank you Andy for 4 awsome years and I know this was not your fault but now your a Carlton player the Andy love simply has to end. It will take some time to get over you but please don't call me it will just make it harder.

It's not you it's me. I just f;&king hate Carlton. I hope they let you win some games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bumped Omg not andy collins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back