On The Couch

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone who watches any AFL football shows for the next 4 months is a masochist.

Not sure how anyone could watch any highlights, replays or discussion.

Well so far it hasn't been to painful to watch. Have been very fair in there dissection of the game. Key notes:
- Thinks the first quarter was one of the most dominant quarters in a final series.
- Put up a list of statistics for the match. We had 100+ more disposals then collingwood.
- They think we lost it in the 2nd quarter when we had alot of the possession yet our disposal into the forward 50 was terrible. Should have burried the game in that quarter.
- We play a very precise game which has little margin for error.
- Didn't think an article Rucci wrote in the advertiser about Neil Craig was very fair on Craig. (can't remember the specifics about the article)
- They showed a VERY interesting moment from the 3rd quarter that I completely forgot about but remember telling my sister at the time I hope it doesn't cost us the game. Medhurst running on the boundary, both feet outside the line and he kicks it with his right foot. CLEARLY out of bounds yet not called and brad dick gets the crumb and kicks the goal.

Goodwin is now on:
- We had alot of belief and nearly a full list going into the game
- Contested ball in the 3rd quarter we lost 25-15.
- Says the free was definately there and that Rutten is holding up ok, not blaming himself.
- Losing the centre bounces in the 3rd quarter hurt.
- James Hird asking about a lack of a plan B and goody says they tried putting extra men behind the ball which didn't work. Something to work on.
- Not quite at the standard of the top 4 yet but thinks we have a bright future.
- Bocky was very close to playing.
- Craigy is devastated and shattered.
- Based on performance the older players would want to go on but in a couple of weeks they will sit down and think about it.
- Talking about using the pain from the game as a driving force in the pre-season. Goody doesn't think he has felt pain like that before in his career.
- Thinks all 4 teams are in with a chance of winning the GF but can't go past St Kilda.

That was a general outline of what was said. He spoke very well considering he has had a cold since Thursday. Had a pretty husky voice but made mention it wasn't from Mad Monday :D

Well so far it hasn't been to painful to watch. Have been very fair in there dissection of the game. Key notes:
- Thinks the first quarter was one of the most dominant quarters in a final series.
- Put up a list of statistics for the match. We had 100+ more disposals then collingwood.
- They think we lost it in the 2nd quarter when we had alot of the possession yet our disposal into the forward 50 was terrible. Should have burried the game in that quarter.
- Didn't think an article Rucci wrote in the advertiser about Neil Craig was very fair on Craig. (can't remember the specifics about the article)
- They showed a VERY interesting moment from the 3rd quarter that I completely forgot about but remember telling my sister at the time I hope it doesn't cost us the game. Medhurst running on the boundary, both feet outside the line and he kicks it with his right foot. CLEARLY out of bounds yet not called and brad dick gets the crumb and kicks the goal.

Goodwin is now on:
- Says the free was definately there and that Rutten is holding up ok, not blaming himself.
- James Hird asking about a lack of a plan B and goody says they tried putting extra men behind the ball which didn't work. Something to work on.
- Not quite at the standard of the top 4 yet but thinks we have a bright future.
- Based on performance the older players would want to go on but in a couple of weeks they will sit down and think about it.
- Talking about using the pain from the game as a driving force in the pre-season. Goody doesn't think he has felt pain like that before in his career.
- Thinks all 4 teams are in with a chance of winning the GF but can't go past St Kilda.

That was a general outline of what was said. He spoke very well considering he has had a cold since Thursday. Had a pretty husky voice but made mention it wasn't from Mad Monday :D

Thanks :thumbsu: one week at a time is on the net at ch 10 i think but not this show

Goodwin is now on:

And from One Week at a Time.... They were pretty fair in the analysis, Wallsy actually stood up for us, and Laidley did a pretty descent review. Still bloody tough to watch, but seeing that Anthony interview after the game, well I felt happy for him, from where he's come after his serious neck injury. That Tippett free kick Darcy thought was there, but it was extremely soft IMO. Medhurst was clearly out when he centred, but Goody's effort wasn't particuraly great either, however should have never been put in that position. Said I wouldn't watch these shows this week, but I'm a footy nut and will always watch anything AFL, even if its hard watching Collingwood getting talked up. Should be two cracker matches this week.:thumbsu:

Goodwin is now on:

I was actually pretty disappointed in the questions and also Goody's answers. Very boring, at least when Craigy speaks I actually feel like I learn something. I could have written out Goody's answers almost word for word......I would have liked John Reid more as he would have at least made it interesting.

I was actually pretty disappointed in the questions and also Goody's answers. Very boring, at least when Craigy speaks I actually feel like I learn something. I could have written out Goody's answers almost word for word......I would have liked John Reid more as he would have at least made it interesting.

Goody is as boring as batshit, but the reality he plays the perfect role of captain in that regard and gives nothing away.

Gonna miss Reidy, he basically called Rucci a ****wit on 5AA today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goody is as boring as batshit, but the reality he plays the perfect role of captain in that regard and gives nothing away.

Gonna miss Reidy, he basically called Rucci a ****wit on 5AA today.

Loved how Reidy got stuck into Cornes. Classic Reidy Gold :D

JR was great on AA today. Sticking up for Craig saying people need to give it a rest trying to blame the coach. Pretty much made the point that 10 of the smallest things could have gone our way in the game and the result would have been different.

Gave a pretty fair review of the Crows, when we are up and going we are one of the best going aroud. In the 3rd we went back into our shells, then fought back hard in the 4th. Bit more Tippett GC talk and a slight bit of Craig bashing saying he cant, inspire the players, but coming back in the 4th would show otherwise I would have thought.

i found it interesting how thomas said that rutten probably felt he could get away with holding the arm because so often the umpires wouldnt do anything. Course with 30 secs to go you'd think you would be a lot more careful.

Crows should let a microphone into the 3Q huddle to dispel (or otherwise) the passion/can't inspire the players claim

these are professional sportsmen playing in a semi-final in front of 60,000 people - if they need inspiring there is something wrong with them

what they probably need is calm, measured instruction on tactics

but that doesn't sell newspapers

remember the time Craigy wore a heart monitor during a game and it never got above about 50 bps.

the experts didn't know what to say :D

i found it interesting how thomas said that rutten probably felt he could get away with holding the arm because so often the umpires wouldnt do anything. Course with 30 secs to go you'd think you would be a lot more careful.

He makes a fair point which is the main reason most are upset with decision, not because it was incorrect, but because you see it so often.

Similarly with Stevens holding on to Cloke. I just watched the replay of the first quarter and on at least two other occassions in that quarter alone Stevens held Cloke's left arm in a ruck contest just like he did in the 3rd quarter which gave away a free and the lead.

Thomas' point was that if umpires gave this all the time there would be no incentive to hold. On the other side of the coin it is sometimes very hard to tell what is actually a hold of an arm and what is simultaneous locking of the arms.

Remove this Banner Ad

On The Couch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back