One Draft Away

Remove this Banner Ad

I refuse to think negatively :)

We will win more than 5 games next year. We will not finish bottom 2.

Waite, Fish, Kennedy, Betts, Murphy, Gibbs, Blackwell, Simpson and Kouta will all kick more goals next year than they did this year.

Our defence will only improve - because it has to.

Barring injuries, we will be a better team next year, and will finish maybe 13th/12th.

But anything can happen in sport, and we may even play finals :cool:

You have to be realistic here we are not going to play finals football next season. We will be in the bottom 3 or 4 next season and win between 5 - 7 games and there's nothing wrong with that.

I reckon we'll need another spoon if we want Kruezer. He looks the standout right now, but alot can happen in 12 months.

There are apparently quite a few very good prospects already for next years draft, including 3 ruckmen. So it looks like we won't need to finish last to secure another promising ruckman.

We won't finish last anyway, that's for sure.

I reckon we'll need another spoon if we want Kruezer. He looks the standout right now, but alot can happen in 12 months.
Who gets the first pick if we finish second or even third last with four wins or less and a club other than Essendon finishes last? ;)

Picks one and three/four go to the Blues. :cool:

Now that would be magnificent!

:D
We benefited from having the PP this year when alot of people on this board were saying we needed to win and didn't need pick 17.

But we need to start putting together better performances together next year and score a couple of close upsets like we very nearly did in that thriller against the Eagles. :thumbsu:

Having said that, I am prepared to knee cap a couple of players if the above scenario looks likely in the last two rounds! :thumbsu:

We need an inside mid at this point and i think after this year we'll know if we need a tall defender or if Hartlett, Austin, Bower ect are going to make it.

Its hard to know where we'll finish next year as i think we can win 7-8 games but then you look at the other teams who we finished around last year and they should all improve as well so it wouldn't surprise we if we finished anywhere from 10-16th

we won;t stay bottom forever we'll improve sooner rather then later which will take pressure of us on to someone else :thumbsu: eg st kilda or Fitzroy the years they struggled it will be worth while ;)

If we finish second last and the Lions last, surely they would not take another ruckman after just drafting Leuey; then we could draft big K...

I expect Carlton to be better next year, and I wouldn't be surprised if they had a run of 3 or 4 wins mid or late year. Don't think it will be enough to make the finals, but it will be a good platform for the next year.

Waite, Fish, Kennedy, Betts, Murphy, Gibbs, Blackwell, Simpson and Kouta will all kick more goals next year than they did this year.

Barring injuries, we will be a better team next year, and will finish maybe 13th/12th.

Sorry to be pedantic AWG, but how many goals did Gibbs kick for us in 2006? :p :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who gets the first pick if we finish second or even third last with four wins or less and a club other than Essendon finishes last? ;)

Picks one and three/four go to the Blues. :cool:

I wonder if the AFL have thought ofthis scenario.
Of course it wouldn't affect the Dons because they would qualify the same as us if we both finish with 4 wins or less next year..........but I can see some BIG TIME whinging from the kangaroos or Lions should the spoon it next year, only to have the number 1 pick taken via PP from a team that finishes higher on the ladder than them.
Karma.

HugeBluesFanQuote:
Originally Posted by AndyWalkersGirl

Sorry to be pedantic AWG, but how many goals did Gibbs kick for us in 2006? :p :D

He kicked NONE which is my point exactly :) Glad you picked up on it HBF, i had a feeling you would.

But yeah, that is my point, the fact that we have picked up a player who is going to be a good player, and provide another goal kicking option.

Remove this Banner Ad

One Draft Away

Remove this Banner Ad

Back