• Xavier Lindsay

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Taj Hotton

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • Other

Votes: 10 7.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd love to hear your thoughts on each players strengths and weaknesses?

Everyone knows I'm a Berry fan boy but I'm not against Hannaford as a selection.

Great question

Berry, as a mid, he has Merrett traits. Like how he lifts his head looking for a target. As a forward, has those same Merrett traits, but moreso Higgins. Think he is cleaner of the 2 players

Hannaford, has Butters traits, always looking to take the space in front him with burst speed. Slightly stronger in the air, but also a strength of Berry's game

Personally, Hannaford looks comfortable in both areas, Berry the better forward

Great question

Berry, as a mid, he has Merrett traits. Like how he lifts his head looking for a target. As a forward, has those same Merrett traits, but moreso Higgins. Think he is cleaner of the 2 players

Hannaford, has Butters traits, always looking to take the space in front him with burst speed. Slightly stronger in the air, but also a strength of Berry's game

IMG_5534.gif

As a comparison, Berry and Hannaford playing midfield roles in both these games.

Good idea to put them up together.

Love the way Berry looks to run every time he gets the ball. His first instinct is to break away and take ground, then kick.

Watching the highlights hannafords last 5 or 6 weeks look better than what Berry has produced. But Berry has been performing well all year.

I would take Hannaford first. If we get the suns first l would take Berry at the next pick.

I think both hannaford and Berry are a really good fit for Carlton.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

(Log in to remove this ad.)

List spots are too tight to be spending 2 firsts on 2 small forwards even though I'd froth that s***
Austin does like to double/triple dip let’s be honest.

2020 CDurdin 2021 Motlop small fwds
2022 OHollands, Binns, Acres - wing

Maybe this year he might want smalls that can run through the midfield with Berry and Hannaford. Doubt it tbh but you never know.

Just guessing really

Great question

2 smalls that may project to being Merrett and Butters. Where do we sign??? 💦💦💦

I'd love to hear your thoughts on each players strengths and weaknesses?

Everyone knows I'm a Berry fan boy but I'm not against Hannaford as a selection.
Berry I’m worried about how he will handle the intensity and pressure of afl level against grown men but when I watch Hannaford I love his aggression, his pressure and second and third efforts which makes him more appealing to me!

As i posted earlier my dream scenario would be to draft Tauru with our first pick because his raw talent and versatility to play multiple positions and to address our needs to draft Hannaford with our next pick! I just don’t see it with Berry

I'm encouraged after listening to Austin, stating the need for pace and a defensive tall

Music to my ears
At our best, we do everything extremely well, except having bursts of pace. I’m all for drafting 2 players early who can run and kick goals. I feel like we will take a tall later in the draft (Maybe young McCartin) or someone else but have a strong sense we will address our pace and dangerous forwards early.

Travaglia, Hannaford, Berry, Lindsay, Reid, Moraes, Hynes. If we have 2 bites at the cherry I think it’s definitely 2 of these few listed.

Berry I’m worried about how he will handle the intensity and pressure of afl level against grown men but when I watch Hannaford I love his aggression, his pressure and second and third efforts which makes him more appealing to me!

As i posted earlier my dream scenario would be to draft Tauru with our first pick because his raw talent and versatility to play multiple positions and to address our needs to draft Hannaford with our next pick! I just don’t see it with Berry
Just to play devils advocate here, how often does a player with elite evasive skills and top tier acceleration fail to handle the intensity and pressure at AFL level?

Bobby Hill comes to mind when I watch Berry. Both have elite evasive skill and are class with ball in hand, but neither are ever going to be the junkyard scrappers that a Hannaford type is. Berry is a far less of a FIGJAM type than Hill is so may not be quite as spectacular, but every bit as damaging.

For me Hannaford presents as less of a POD in our forward mix than Berry would, but he's also far more likely to be a type that Voss favours due to the competitive streak and desperation he plays with.

I just hope to god we take one of them on draft night. I can't do another year of Motlop, Owies and Durdin.

Honestly hope we land #13 from GC and take both Hannaford & Berry. Both have traits that we desperately need, and can help us tranform our front half game.

Small Fwd/Half Fwd + mid bursts out of Williams, Fogarty, Hannaford, Berry, Cincotta & Cottrell would provide a great mix of defensive pressure, pace & forward craft.

Motlop, Durdin, Fantasia, Lord, Binns & a rookie like Will White (or a re-rookied Owies) rounds out good depth for our front half non pure mids.

Honestly hope we land #13 from GC and take both Hannaford & Berry. Both have traits that we desperately need, and can help us tranform our front half game.

Small Fwd/Half Fwd + mid bursts out of Williams, Fogarty, Hannaford, Berry, Cincotta & Cottrell would provide a great mix of defensive pressure, pace & forward craft.

Motlop, Durdin, Fantasia, Lord, Binns & a rookie like Will White (or a re-rookied Owies) rounds out good depth for our front half non pure mids.
I think we'd have to delist or trade one of our current small fwds for that to be any chance. Can't see us taking both but would be exciting!

For me Travaglia and Berry still my two picks if we can get pick 13 from the Suns and the Houston trade doesn't eventuate (and they're both still available)

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2024 National Draft

Back