Prediction Our 2018 ladder finish (North fans only)

Our 2018 ladder finish (North fans only)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The only thing I agree with Buckenara on his article today is a bottom 4 finish. Has anyone read his article? What an idiot. EVW should be delisted? Mullet and Hansen are C graders....**** they aren't even on our list anymore.

A little known fact, the 'B' in Buckenara is pronounced like a 'F'.

What a shit post.

Do you have a job? Do you put in when you have to? Dishing it out to blokes like lmac who have a genuine crack like hes taking the piss just plain sucks. Do you think he was bludging on the club when he ran down cyrill and pinged his hammy to save a goal????

What about garner? All the time he has put in getting over his hammies which damn near killed his career. Reckon he was bludging on his mates every time he did his recovery therapy?

And clackera was with em as well. Reckon he is a lazy prick when he git runs all day trying to cement his spot in the team.

All so a pissant like yourself can take pot shots at them for taking a couple of weeks out before getting back and having another crack in the preseason to carry the club next year.

These are a couple of young men that should still be able to have lives outside of their professions. And from what i have seen of their postings obviously conduct themselves with excellent behavior in their personal space which if often difficult given the scrutiny they attract.

We didnt play finals plus the bye the week before that. Professional athletes should have 3-4 weeks off tops. Can't see many of these boys rolling up night 1 of pre season in career best shape and if they do then thats great news and I will happily be wrong.

Call it as I see it. These blokes get paid up to half a million a year and most on our list are overpaid. The standards at north Melbourne are an absolute disgrace I know blokes in country football or waafl or sanfl that would work harder in physical labour jobs during a 42 degree heat day then back it up out on the track at 530pm. AFL footballers arnt as tough as they make out to be. certainly have not much time for about 75% of our list

The only thing I agree with Buckenara on his article today is a bottom 4 finish. Has anyone read his article? What an idiot. EVW should be delisted? Mullet and Hansen are C graders....**** they aren't even on our list anymore.
EVW should be delisted hahaha no seriously he obviously hasn't seen him play before he was injured, he was best 22 and will be again next year if he continues where he left off.

I don't think every negative article on North is always wrong because i am a supporter but on this one Buckenara you have no idea no clue.
Pity i respected him as a player but it's obvious he has pulled this article out of his ass.

Last edited:
Has any thread on the NMFC board this post-season not descended into a rolling slanging match between two posters oblivious that anyone else might be here? I really hope we draft well next month otherwise the entire board might just devour itself before Christmas.

We didnt play finals plus the bye the week before that. Professional athletes should have 3-4 weeks off tops. Can't see many of these boys rolling up night 1 of pre season in career best shape and if they do then thats great news and I will happily be wrong.
I can understand where you are coming from but an unhappy footballer won't take them anywhere and we will be worse off. If you turn them into robots that is what you will get, the same actions/results every time.

What you also forgot to compare with, with AFL, is that also do a million reviews and meetings that the lower grades come nowhere close to. Time after time players talk about how tiring that part is. Getting away for a holiday should be in everyones agenda. Time to refresh, think and clear your head and regenerate to something better. Being in the gym earlier won't help the mental game and thats a big part of it.

Our players arnt fit at all. They don't even look fit compared to other clubs in my opinion. Don't work anywhere near hard enough. Taking the piss at moment. Won't change until brads gone and by the way when we are 16th again in 2020 don't all come telling me you were right. We are in awful trouble. The aggressive rebuild is nothing but a promotion by the club and marketing to get people to sign up. Really we have no idea what we are doing internally. None whatsoever.
1000% correct that's exactly how it comes acros, not one player seems to be held accountable for shit performances the dude of a coach just keeps backing them in, no standards. We just sacked a few blokes who they pumped 22 games into who were never going to be there next year and ppl think the club knows what's it doing it has no ****in idea

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm spending far too much time scrolling through such negative thought in here about where our team is supposedly headed next year. It's tiring enough reading through the bullshit in the press and social media trashing our club. FFS we are turning over our list which includes nearly all the players people on this board bitch about and we need to be patient. Furthermore, our players are entitled to have a break and pictures of a snapshot in time showing them enjoying themselves is no evidence that our players have 'sub-standard' attitudes to their off-season training regimes. My hope is that the people bemoaning our situation get off their arse, buy memberships and attend games next year regardless of how we perform - which I believe will be much better than most on here are reckoning. Might be time to check out of here for a while until there is something real to review and provide feedback on - like the results of actual games rather than innuendo and scuttlebutt. Enjoy your summer. Go Kangas!

Last edited:
I dont think finishing top 8 is out of the equation. More than possible and not improbable. Theres going to be a boat load of teams in the 8-14 bracket IMO and that could go on % for a few alone.

Having said that, I did choose 14th as from a realistic point of view it would be more likely IMO :)

Top 4 on the other hand...someone would be extremely optimistic for our young group to achieve that. I'd ask what they're smoking.

I think there will be seven teams in the 8-14 bracket.

EVW should he delisted hahaha no seriously he obviously hasn't seen him play before he was injured, he was best 22 and will be again next year if he continues where he left off.

I don't think every negative article on North is always wrong because i am a supporter but on this one Buckenara you have no idea no clue.
Pity i respected him as a player but it's obvious he has pulled this article out of his ass.

Couldn't agree more.

From what I did see from EVW this year was his body positioning and bumping opposition off the ball, which was great. He seems to be a very good lock down medium backman, and I think he will play 200 games for us. Buckenara didn't even bother to really analyse our list, and realise that we have been stock piling our first and second round picks for the last 3-4 years. It's a nervous time to see if we did well with our picks, but I think that Durdin,EVW,Hibberd and Neilsen we have good KPP/medium talls in defence. McKay,Wood, BBB, Garner we have in the forward line. IMO I believe they all will be serviceable (5+ years) to very good (10+ years) on our list. Our problem as most have pointed out is our midfield, but other than Ahern, Dumont and Clarke we haven't really targetted mids as yet, and that's why we went hard at Dusty/Kelly. We will get two excellent mids over the next 2 years wherever we end up. Add 2-3 guns over the next 3 years as free agents and we're back.

Far too early to call and to speculate on where we will finish in 2018. After all, other clubs have also undergone significant changes to their player lists too. Other teams are also making adjustments to their teams and will try new things. Let's face it, draft picks and getting good players on your list might be good in terms of speculation, but on that basis Melbourne and Saint Kilda were picked to perform much better than what they did and both completely under-fired in 2017 and did not play as well as everybody predicted, so 2018 is a whole new ball game for other teams and for us.

I suspect that 2017 was our 'annus horribilus' and that 2018 will be a better year for the Roos. Better by how much? ... Well only time will tell.

A little known fact, the 'B' in Buckenara is pronounced like a 'F'.
I said on another thread that Buckenara has 'no cred' ... what's his claim to glory as a Coach? His last senior coaching effort was 24 years ago when he was sacked as Senior Coach of the Swans after losing eighteen straight games. He was General Manager at North Ballarat Roosters while it all imploded around him. I couldn't give a 'Fat Rat's Crack' what Gary Buckenara thinks! You can all take that to the bank.

Have north fans forgotten that theres still 16 players who have played in at least one am prelim final.

The best team we were able to get on the park was the defeat of adelaide. Injuries destroyed norths year. Positives, the kids were advanced.

Its amazing how many non north posters couldn't help themselves voting on the poll.

It's a bannable offense to like troll a thread, seeing the thread is clearly marked North only, maybe some time off for these twats?

Hopefully last. Get a priority pick too.

Pick 1, 2, Thomas, Scott and Crock.

That is what I call an aggressive reset.
That's a rebuild mate. 5 draft picks in one year following on from top 10 picks the previous two years as well as a top 10 pick in ahern coming in. We could have 5- 6 top 10 picks on our list which whilst less than a few teams who have been absolute shithouse in recent times is better than other teams and could/should (fingers crossed) give our list grouse potential. Especially if we bring kelly home in a couple of years too.

Watch fremantle and west coast tank this year
Fremantle have the best midfield in the comp, two top 5 picks and they brought the best halfback in the game home as well as a decent forward in matera. If they finish outside of the top 10 then questions need to be asked, especially with their home ground advantage. They should be winning 10 games at least this season

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Our 2018 ladder finish (North fans only)

Back