Strategy Our Next Senior Coach: 2019 & Beyond... is Matthew Nicks

Our next senior coach...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hass was using a fitness program designed by Burton when the hamstring crisis occured.

So think about that. Our head of football was removed from having input into the only area of the football department he's had experience in because he f'd it up that badly.
There’s no way this ******** can survive this review

Tredrea is right re: our assistants being mostly contracted for 2020.

Mattner and Godden came in on two year deals (for 2019 + 2020).

Camporeale got an extension when Pyke did. He's contracted until the end of 2020.

Hart isn't. He was all but out at the end of 2018, but was retained for one year because Francou left late. His contract ends basically now.

In terms of caps and taxes - Camporeale would be up for a decent payout. Mattner and Godden not really - we got them on the cheap. I doubt Mattner would be dumped anyway. Godden might be moved on. If the new coach did want to clear out all of our AFL assistants, it wouldn't be too costly.

In the SANFL, Younie and Thomas got two year extensions at the end of 2018 (for 2019 + 2020). Reilly's contract runs out end of this year. Overall, I doubt either of these last 3 will change as a result of being moved on. The management of the SANFL team is actually one of the club's strengths.
I imagine you could move Godden to being the SANFL coach fairly easily, though whether he'd be happy coaching another side in the SANFL might be a road block there.

Rumours are Thomas is leading the race for Central's coaching vacancy, so I imagine we'd let him out of his contract for that if he got it.

There’s no way this ******** can survive this review
No intelligent independent reviewer could justify keeping Burton.

He is a substandard football operations manager by every indicator.

Burton is the main reason why Pyke is no longer coaching & has sabotaged our shot at a premiership flag.

Walsh and Pyke weren't bad appointments.
It could be that Roo is really good at footy stuff eg coaches and players, and just really really bad at management and politics. Extremely believable really

I never liked Brett Montgomery because he would always target Brett Burton in Showdowns. Perhaps he want so bad after all.
Port supporters always went on about Burton being a flog. Don't know what to think about that any more......

Only if the external findings get leaked, if not then under the carpet Hillary Clinton s**t will occur
Nah, the players know. If they cover this up the club won’t recover and they know that.

Burton will not hold the footy op managers role, it’s only whether they get rid of him all together

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tredders on 5AA saying how all our assistants are contracted, so basically we'd have to pay out the ass to clear out our football department as it currently stands due to the footy tax.
yeah so what football is our core business, pay the tax penalty, maybe we have to miss out on a few esports players

Nah, the players know. If they cover this up the club won’t recover and they know that.

Burton will not hold the footy op managers role, it’s only whether they get rid of him all together
If that happens then the question should be asked how the hell did they balls up the process so badly in searching for a football department manager that their prefered hire had to be removed from that position after 2 years due to his pure incompetence in the role.

If that happens then the question should be asked how the hell did they balls up the process so badly in searching for a football department manager that their prefered hire had to be removed from that position after 2 years due to his pure incompetence in the role.
It has to be asked. There’s no denying it, for a club accused of a boys club to hire someone with a dodgy record, promote him and then defend him is beyond incompetence.

That’s why I reckon there is a chance Roo walks, no way he can defend any of this.

Last edited:
I think the question should go back further and be more along the lines of, How do you hire anyone from the complete rabble the Lions were at the time ?? And not hiring just one person that was likely hugely responsible for the mess that club was left in, but to then hire his assistant that also oversaw that shitshow. Truly mind boggling.

I think the question should go back further and be more along the lines of, How do you hire anyone from the complete rabble the Lions were at the time ?? And not hiring just one person that was likely hugely responsible for the mess that club was left in, but to then hire his assistant that also oversaw that s**tshow. Truly mind boggling.
Apparently no need to referee check mates & turn a blind eye to evidence...

Is Burton the biggest problem at the club though, or the person who appointed Burton?

We've got roo making our next appointment for a coach who has proven to be a total failure with his appointments.
I thought that Roo was responsible for appointing Walsh and Pike. I dont believe that either of those appointments were a total failure. We all loved Walsh and what he was bringing to the club and Pike has been one of the most successful coaches when you look at his loss/win ratio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back