Strategy Our Next Senior Coach: 2019 & Beyond... is Matthew Nicks

Our next senior coach...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sumich is the best credentialed both in AFL experience and most importantly in youth development which has been this club's biggest failing in recent years IMO.
Yep but what he said the other day about Rioli and West Coast was just dumb

Yep but what he said the other day about Rioli and West Coast was just dumb
Except he didn't say it about West Coast....it was a general comment that from his experience in the AFL there were usually more involved....which is absolutely spot on.
Simpson’s response led Sumich to return to the airwaves, seeking to clarify his earlier comments.
He denied they were aimed at the Eagles.

“The media have blown it up over here that I targeted West Coast. I never said West Coast in those comments,” he said on SEN.
“It was more about my knowledge of the competition going back in 07-08 when we went through that (Ben) Cousins issue, that if there was one that’s tested positive, normally there’ll be some more.
“I said that overall, but unfortunately West Coast and probably Adam have taken it the wrong way.

“That’s fair enough, but I can’t take that back. So we all move on.
“I’m not going to go back at West Coast or anything like that. He’s made his comments now, Simmo, and he’s got to live by that, and I’ve got to live by mine.”
Rioli has been provisionally suspended by ASADA and the AFL after allegedly tampering with a urine sample.

Last edited:
No Iam not Roo. Look I dont disagree that Roo might be part of the problem but honestly I dont know for sure however I dont believe he is a dictator and I dont believe you can say he has shown his true colours because of his comments. Roo struggles to articulate his thoughts. He is and always has been rough around the edges. He was pi**ed off at the small group who are never satisfied and told them that they should move on. His problem is he said out loud what so many other people think. He apologised and what came out of that was his genuine love of the club. What he said doesn't make him a dictator. Roo is Roo and as you said he might be part of the problem but he is not the only part.

All board members who have a profile can cause issues Jeff Kennett did Kochie does

The fact you dont hear from the other 7 board members gives someone to point the finger at, at the same time thinking that they make decision or dictate decisions, which if you have half a brain would know is rubbish, especially looking at the others on the board

Except he didn't say it about West Coast....it was a general comment that from his experience in the AFL there were usually more involved....which is absolutely spot on.
Maybe so but anyone who heard his comments would have thought he was directing them at West Coast. He even referred to his time there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously is this some kind of crappy joke.

No disrespect to past achievements but what kind of current understanding of the current AFL environment to these guys bring.

It’s pure comedy from the club that keeps the laughs coming

Wow - high powered stuff.

Did well to get Phil released from his community TV commitments and Pods from hosting kids parties at AFL Max.

Kicking goals
Bit over the top
Pete....

Both seem to me to quite satisfactory given their backgrounds in elite sport and the experience that goes with that.

The selection panel seems heavily weighted to recruit exactly the sort of coach that will continue the current Crows culture
Can't comment on Smyth, but Pods never seemed too engrained in the 'Crows culture' as such? Knew what he was doing as a coach too, so I think he'd know what to find in a Pyke replacement

Seriously is this some kind of crappy joke.

No disrespect to past achievements but what kind of current understanding of the current AFL environment to these guys bring.

It’s pure comedy from the club that keeps the laughs coming
Would you rather have Burton and Smart?

If Clarko moves (and I dont believe it) and its to anywhere but us, that will be beyond infuriating.

We need someone of that calibre to turn the club around.

I wouldn't be surprised if they've thrown a massive offer at him, one too good to refuse.

They've been in since 95 and still haven't won a flag.

Bit over the top
Pete....

Both seem to me to quite satisfactory given their backgrounds in elite sport and the experience that goes with that.
Currency?

Phil understands basketball coaching 20 years ago.

Pods was only ever an assistant - and what 3-4 years ago at that?

Nah it’s rubbish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back