Strategy Our Next Senior Coach: 2019 & Beyond... is Matthew Nicks

Our next senior coach...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing says dickhead more than a bow tie.
Of all the things you could choose to "be different" as a young male today, they choose a bow tie.
The realms of a nerdy social science and history professors back in the 50's.
What a dumb thing to say. It's a black tie event.

It's all the other idiots dressing down that ruin it.

Garry Hocking at $5 ..

That's a friggin worry.

FYI - Current odds

Matthew nicks 2.25
Adam Kingsley 3.5
Adam Yze 3.5
Garry Hocking 5.0
David Noble 11.0
dean Solomon 21.0
jarred schofield 21.0
nathan bassett 21.0
peter sumich 21.0
scott burns 21.0
scott camporeale 21.0

Didn't someone mention Burton was now a part of it? Or was that just a joke?
I think Fagan did (or may have been part of the review), but was more in a helping role, gather info etc.

EDIT - https://www.fiveaa.com.au/shows/row...y-Brett-Burton-Won-t-Help-Pick-The-Next-Coach
“He certainly will support the process. He’ll do some work behind the scenes… we also thought given we did have a review in place that not just Brett, anyone from the football department in particular, probably best to remove themselves from the panel itself.”

I like the sound of all three, plus McRae, but I don’t understand what a senior assistant does - sounds like a role without any clear accountability.

Unless someone is being developed to take over as senior coach (eg Rutten at the Bombers), there should be line coaches and a strategy/oppo analysis coach. That’s it, with development coaches underneath.

I think a senior assistant is a more modern role in the AFL.

The head coach is there to manage players and relationships, manage the coaching group, disseminate the gameplan across line coaches and players.

The senior assistant is more a tactician, tasked with working on the gameplan, developing strategies either in the pre-season or on match day, figuring out which players are best suited for certain roles, researching opposition, etc.

Garry Hocking now Adam Yze, Little bit unexpected :straining:

AS STATED PREVIOUSLY:
I believe there has been a conclusion from a coaching review that the club has fell very short in opposition analysis & strategy. The countermeasure may become a similar structure to be created in line of the current Hawthorn mould from all reports.

In summery I believe we will attain a new football coaching director and inclusive try and poach well regarded coaches with this craft. Does this mean an Adam Yze or a Garry Hocking may be looked at I’m not sure?

The panel has concluded that they are in fact devoid of a head coach at this stage. As a result, the panel has come to the decision to gather applicants and follow a process to hire a head coach for the team. Make of that what you will, I'm just the messenger.

The panel has concluded that they are in fact devoid of a head coach at this stage. As a result, the panel has come to the decision to gather applicants and follow a process to hire a head coach for the team. Make of that what you will, I'm just the messenger.
That makes no sense, they either have applicants or they don’t

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is this meant to mean ?

Garry Hocking now Adam Yze, Little bit unexpected :straining:

AS STATED PREVIOUSLY:
I believe there has been a conclusion from a coaching review that the club has fell very short in opposition analysis & strategy. The countermeasure may become a similar structure to be created in line of the current Hawthorn mould from all reports.

In summery I believe we will attain a new football coaching director and inclusive try and poach well regarded coaches with this craft. Does this mean an Adam Yze or a Garry Hocking may be looked at I’m not sure?

You said selected not inteviewed???

Yeah by being picked up by a big mouth driver who tells a Big Footy poster who shares it on a public forum, that’s much much more discreet than driving yourself.

Mate you are so full of it and anyone believes a word you say are gullible fools.
Hocking is now down to $5 on Sportsbet from $26 I love being full of it hahahaha

Not saying he is guaranteed to get the job but **** $21 change since this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back