Preview P.F. vs. GWS (Sat 21/09 4:35pm MCG) In: Reid/Aish, Out: JDG/Levi. Teams #1523

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeGoey and Greenwood are big losses.

Talk of Reid coming in as an adequate replacement for DeGoey are puzzling. Reid is cooked IMO and massive risk for prelim - those calf’s are made of tissue paper.

Aish or Scharenberg will come in for Greenwood. Who comes in for DeGoey is the issue.

Hopefully we get through to the GF and DeGoey maybe right for that.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

We played a helluva game last night. But there's still plenty of improvement in the group. I expect another level in the Prelim.

Yep, the Cats are the weakest team in the top five. Now they have to face one of the strongest. This side of the draw is much harder for the team that lost compared to the loser of todays Brisbane Richmond game.

Great game to win for Collingwood but the opposition gets tougher now. Just gotta regroup and prepare for a prelim.

DeGoey and Greenwood are big outs, but we are IN a prelim.
We will play a team that’s about to play 2 games before meeting us.
That team may receive injuries in their 2 games too.
It’s finals footy, not many teams will have a full squad at the pointy end.
I’d say horses for courses on who comes in. Weather will play a big part too if Reid comes straight back.

Crossing everything De Goey is tightness only. I heard him in an interview saying before he came back that they were conservative then said a bit was his confidence in it.

Aish or Shaz back in depending on who we play.

Maynard , Moore and Howe were huge last night

Yep, the Cats are the weakest team in the top five. Now they have to face one of the strongest. This side of the draw is much harder for the team that lost compared to the loser of todays Brisbane Richmond game.

Great game to win for Collingwood but the opposition gets tougher now. Just gotta regroup and prepare for a prelim.
They’re not weaker than Brisbane, who only fell over the line against them playing at the Gabba in a game the Lions treated as a de facto GF.

I think the Eagles play better against us than they do the other teams, I mean Port Adelaide touched them up pretty badly and they’re going to have to win away now.

Richmond are playing better at the right time, but they’ve played all their recent games at the G, they still don’t have Rance, I’m not convinced yet.

They’re not weaker than Brisbane, who only fell over the line against them playing at the Gabba in a game the Lions treated as a de facto GF.

I think the Eagles play better against us than they do the other teams, I mean Port Adelaide touched them up pretty badly and they’re going to have to win away now.

Richmond are playing better at the right time, but they’ve played all their recent games at the G, they still don’t have Rance, I’m not convinced yet.

On form over the past 2 months Geelong are definitely the weakest team imo.

This path definitely tougher for Geelong than todays loser. It was a crucial game for us to win to avoid the Eagles and a possible Brisbane road trip.

I'd rather be playing the Giants or Dogs next week than the Eagles and so would most teams.

Noble had 19 possessions,7 tackles...your maths is amazing if that equals 0 rating points...yet brown(even though he did some nice things in the 2nd half,had only 9 and 5 tackles...just sayin
I am really impressed with Noble
Has genuine pace but composes himself before delivery, unlike Murray.
Amazing from where he has come to perform under massive finals pressure

Aish for Greenwood is a no brainer.

There is no place for Scharenberg in this team while Roughead plays defense.

I'm also cautious of bringing in Reid as I like the smaller, more mobile forwardline. We coped fine with De Goey. We don't necessary need another marking target.

I think if De Goey doesn't come up, now is the time to take a punt on Daniel Wells. Would also swap Callum Brown for Travis Varcoe.

It's a shame Dayne Beams is not fit. I think he would of put us over top.

I love the idea of Wells coming back in. Even he plays 10 minutes and kicks 3 goals again. However you get the feeling that team selection for the next two games will be slightly conservative.

Would love to see Wells and Reid get a call up if Uncle Nate thinks they can play a role. The thought of Wells and Reid getting called up to the stage and receiving a medal - Goosebumps

Aish is interesting

How did he perform on the track this week?
Full training. All drills, including match simulation.
Should be right to go, if called upon.
Interesting that Reid wasn’t even an emergency yesterday.
I would bring him in for prelim (replace JDG).
Then it’s between Scharenberg & Aish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shaz is an interesting one because as much as I rate him as a player and his composure is finals-ready, I thought we looked safer with extra leg speed across the ground last night. For this reason I do not like the idea of Mayne going back. I think perhaps Aish gets the nod.

Out: degoey, Greenwood, brown/thomas
In: sharenburg, Reid, Varcoe/Aish
I didn’t think I’d be calling for Reid’s inclusion but with Degoey going down it makes sense to me now.

It’ll be horses for courses largely on who we play I’m guessing. I’m happy enough for Gooey to be given time to get up but not real optimistic on him unfortunately. Poor Levi looks done so maybe Aish is a chance according to track watchers re fitness levels.

I don't think JDG had a hammy to start with, he IMO has OP, he had no power tonight, wait and see I guess.

I had it when I played, campaigner of a thing, you feel right but when push comes to shove you just can't move normally.

Not sure of the current rules but quaterzone injection is the best, to my knowledge they are illegal though and extremely painful.

Cortisone isn’t illegal

I think Reid needs to come in.
Our biggest deficiency today was lack of height in the forward line.
Need someone there to compete and bring it to ground and provide opportunities for the likes of Billy Stevo Thomas and WHE
Reid’s inclusion would also free up Mihocek somewhat.
It looked very apparently that we were undersized forward and Mihocek needed some help. Straight swap for Degoey and we leave the back setup as is.

I am really impressed with Noble
Has genuine pace but composes himself before delivery, unlike Murray.
Amazing from where he has come to perform under massive finals pressure

I reckon Nobles pace was really handy last night. He used it to run us out of trouble a few times. Adds a difference. His turnovers were frustrating but he never panicked, more about execution and maybe decision making.

Out: degoey, Greenwood, brown/thomas
In: sharenburg, Reid, Varcoe/Aish
I didn’t think I’d be calling for Reid’s inclusion but with Degoey going down it makes sense to me now.

I thought Thomas was excellent last night. He really cracked in at important times. He's our 4th best pressure act player also which is needed in finals. I just can't see him getting dropped.

Then

Out: De Goey, Greenwood
In: Reid, Varcoe

Mayne goes back to cover Greenwood
Why not Shaz and Varcoe in? Or Aish. We don't need to change structure with another tall in the forward line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back