Preview P.F. vs. GWS (Sat 21/09 4:35pm MCG) In: Reid/Aish, Out: JDG/Levi. Teams #1523

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shattered for Levi. Not confident for Jordy either

Varcoe in for JDG, see who we have as oppo to decide out of Shaz and Aishy for Levi

If DeGoey doesn’t come up then we probably need Reid to come back in.The forward line lacked structure after DeGoey left the field and we found it hard to score after that.We definitely need two tall targets on the forward line.I would also look at dropping Brown or Thomas for Varcoe.Neither had any impact tonight,and we missed Varcoe’s hardness around the ball.

Gutted for Greenwood.

Cal Brown lifted a bit in Q4 but was pretty terrible. JT was relatively poor too.

OUT - DeGoey, Greenwood, Brown

IN - Varcoe, Aish/Scharenberg, Reid

Hopefully DeGoey miraculously gets back for the GF.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If DeGoey doesn’t come up then we probably need Reid to come back in.The forward line lacked structure after DeGoey left the field and we found it hard to score after that.We definitely need two tall targets on the forward line.I would also look at dropping Brown or Thomas for Varcoe.Neither had any impact tonight,and we missed Varcoe’s hardness around the ball.
I actually thought both Brown and Thomas were important late, but yes, Varcoe has to be considered surely. You just wonder if Bucks will want to make an unforced change given we’ll likely have two forced.

Send Jordy to Germany ffs.

Obviously the injured 2 are out. Varcoe and Shaz/Aish would come in. Of those not injured Noble had zero impact, he literally had 0 rating points, 7 clangers will do that. I'd hope Shaz or Aish replaces him.

Can't see anyone else being dropped, Thomas was poor, but he won't be dropped.
Cant agree with your assessment of Nobles game. I thought his pace was telling in the back line and got us out of many tight spots tonight. Noble keeps his spot for mine.

If he's deemed fit then Reid is the only player we should be considering to replace de Goey IMO.

de Goey has a huge physical presence in our forward line, able to play tall and one of the best contested players in the competition.

If he isn't available then we need Reid as another marking threat and someone capable of providing a strong aerial contest to bring the ball to our ground level players. He's also the one most likely able to come in and produce 2 or 3 goals.

If de Goey joins Greenwood on the sidelines then I feel we'll have no choice but to replace some of that natural on field aggression with Varcoe.

Varcoe to replace Brown who struggled in his first final.

For Greenwood then it'll all come down to our eventual opposition I guess with Scharenberg or Aish the likely inclusions.

At least we’ve got some options with Varcoe,Aish,Scharanberg and Reid all options to come back in.But DeGoey will be almost impossible to replace,I fear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greenwood suspected ACL. Terrible news. Thankfully he's one we can most easily cover.

Not so sure about that. While we certainly have guys who can replace him I don't think we have anyone waiting in the wings who brings his hardness or the touch of mungrel he regularly doles out.

Very disappointing if it is an ACL.

We need another tall up forward to at least bring the ball to ground. I reckon Reid for DeGoey and Varcoe for Brown, gives us more flexibility. Shaz in, gives us more options with Moore.
Thomas has been down all season but is a good finisher also brings pressure.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Obviously the injured 2 are out. Varcoe and Shaz/Aish would come in. Of those not injured Noble had zero impact, he literally had 0 rating points, 7 clangers will do that. I'd hope Shaz or Aish replaces him.

Can't see anyone else being dropped, Thomas was poor, but he won't be dropped.
Noble had 19 possessions,7 tackles...your maths is amazing if that equals 0 rating points...yet brown(even though he did some nice things in the 2nd half,had only 9 and 5 tackles...just sayin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back