Petition/Letter to the Club demanding an external review (now with PDF link in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

What did the review Richmond have come up with?
Given it was Ernst and Young I was staggered it had a positive effect.

External consultants like that usually find what they're told to find, but the internal party are too gutless to make the decisions.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but outside groups dont do scathing reviews, it reduces repeat buisness.
Why would you expect a scathing review?

I'd expect a review to be balanced and impartial, with a list of recommendations on how to reach your planned goals.

It now appears both Fagan and Chapman have stated that external reviews have been performed. When pushed further it turns out the external review only covered the PPT (Physical Performance).

Personally I'd rather see the entire football department and the administration covered

Why would you expect a scathing review?

I'd expect a review to be balanced and impartial, with a list of recommendations on how to reach your planned goals.

It now appears both Fagan and Chapman have stated that external reviews have been performed. When pushed further it turns out the external review only covered the PPT (Physical Performance).

Personally I'd rather see the entire football department and the administration covered
I want the review to cover each recent appointment, starting with the application process, the candidates and why the ex Crows player was the best option.

he was so defensive, immediately defensive.

an offered not one jot of insight, not one.
The most concerning thing is that our club is in complete denial that there is actually a problem. They think some hard work & luck will fix everything.

So nothing is going to be addressed until someone new comes into the club to change the culture.

We are screwed & AFC administration are the last to know because they are incompetent/have their head in the sand.

I want the review to cover each recent appointment, starting with the application process, the candidates and why the ex Crows player was the best option.
Surely HR would covered under the administration .. but yes, clearly there are so many questions in regard to the operation and decision making in number of crucial departments

As an aside I thought it was Collingwood and Richmond who undertook the most recent reviews. In both cases were large clean-outs of assistance coaches and other within the football departments. In Collingwood's case Gary Pert was moved on in season from his role as Football Manager. Mark William's was 1 of victims from the coaching ranks at Richmond.

The idea of waiting for the end of the season for commence an external review is complete and utter BS

I've been reluctant to comment on Bob Foord because I don't want it to be in bad taste. But if he was appointed chairman, it would have done absolutely nothing to change the culture of the club. He was best mates with Chapman & guys like Peter Hurley - it would have been another case of "jobs for the boys".

Agree totally - the hand picked, IN HOUSE replacement?!

Should’ve never been an option.

Should’ve been a legitimate process, and if the first choice isn’t available, move to the second.

This is bullshit from Chapman - like we should be grateful and he’s doing us a favour.

Just **** off you useless prick.

External consultants like that usually find what they're told to find, but the internal party are too gutless to make the decisions.

Not when it’s a genuine process supported by the executive - which both Richmond and Collingwood had.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree totally - the hand picked, IN HOUSE replacement?!

Should’ve never been an option.

Should’ve been a legitimate process, and if the first choice isn’t available, move to the second.

This is bulls**t from Chapman - like we should be grateful and he’s doing us a favour.

Just fu** off you useless prick.
I'm always suspicious of the motives behind 'succession plans'

It's a start - how else can we make it known to the club that we won't accept this mediocrity any longer? Please click the link at the bottom of this post and sign on to the letter/petition we will send to the club (if we get a meaningful amount of sigs). Please also share the link on your socials. Let's agitate.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Crows Members, Fans and Supporters, surely you agree that enough is enough. We have an Administration which is completely arrogant, dismissive and insular and more concerned with the bottom line than actually winning premierships. Premierships is what it’s all about. Please support our call for an independant review of the club board, administration and football operations.

Dear Robert, Andrew and Mark,

We love the Adelaide Football Club. But we have had enough. You promised us authenticity, transparency and no spin. But we don’t feel you’ve delivered. We feel disenchanted, alienated and frustrated at the lack of accountability at the club. We have lost draft picks and gun players during your time at the club. We have seen coaches come and go. Camps and power stances. But the people behind the scenes are still there. The people responsible for these poor decisions and poor performances are still there. You are still there.

This is not about the financial performance of the club. This is about Premierships. We are a financial powerhouse, yet the mismanagement of the football operations of the club has left us nowhere near a premiership. It’s been 21 years. Do you really want to be that club? We, the supporters, don’t. We are a proud, parochial supporter base. There is none more passionate in the entire league. But why should we continue to be engaged and enthusiastic about the club when the club itself is more interested in our money than delivering a strong, successful football club?

We want action. We want change. We want you to be honest with yourselves and us.

We demand an open, honest and transparent review of the club. From the Board to the Boot Studder. We want this review conducted by respected football people with no connection with the club. And we want to be informed about it’s findings, and the plan to implement the recommendations.

This is the fans and supporters of the Adelaide Football Club demanding a man conversation with those who are honoured with the stewardship of this club at this time. Please listen.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sign the petition
Signed.

Donkey Magoo
Have you let the NT Supporters group know of the petition or do you want me to.?

“NT Supporters Group”, here you Southern folk is an example of the famous Berrimah Line. The NT ceases to exist below Berrimah. And I’ve met Donkey Magoo in person. But he may have told me about it numerous times, I’d have no way of knowing.

Bingo - opinions for hire (with no reliance placed on them)

Remove this Banner Ad

Petition/Letter to the Club demanding an external review (now with PDF link in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back