Player Watch Pick #16 (2020, match NGA bid) - Lachie Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

He's been okay, since that Melbourne game. Still has some brain fart moments but I can see something there. In a good system I think he's a very handy player. He's a coachable type.

So had a run in the middle at SANFL today.
Is that a way to get his hands and thinking up to speed? Is there a future there as a big body, quick powerful mid?
He wasn't fumbly. That's the key to Lachie building an AFL career.

So had a run in the middle at SANFL today.
Is that a way to get his hands and thinking up to speed? Is there a future there as a big body, quick powerful mid?
I don't think he will become a full time mid. But playing mid in the SANFL will be good for his development and it would be great if he could play mid in bursts.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't think he will become a full time mid. But playing mid in the SANFL will be good for his development and it would be great if he could play mid in bursts.

If any position is going to help his deplorable ball handling - its centre square mid

Time to reconsider Lachie’s position in the side. If he can get his body right I wouldn’t mind trialling him in the guts from next year, maybe coming off the bench for Wines.

He’s definitely got something, just needs to get fit & find some consistency.

Time to reconsider Lachie’s position in the side. If he can get his body right I wouldn’t mind trialling him in the guts from next year, maybe coming off the bench for Wines.

He’s definitely got something, just needs to get fit & find some consistency.

This is not a sport where you can have an individual play solely to back up someone from the bench.

He will probably get a 2 year contract to prove himself (out of contract at the end of this season) but he's running out of time. He has a few good moments here and there but the majority of his games are poor.

And he's a soft tissue injury waiting to happen.

Still think his best position would be to play as a lock down small defender where he can use his pace and strength to overpower the more slight frames.

The guy has barely got to 50 games and is 22. Needs a bit of slack. Yea he has plenty to work on but there is plenty there to work with too. Can’t imagine he would be on lots of either.

Seems like the kind of guy that needs to work on ways to slow his mind, relax and utilise some mindfulness. Could also use an overseas trip with Boaky to get the body right.

This is not a sport where you can have an individual play solely to back up someone from the bench.

He will probably get a 2 year contract to prove himself (out of contract at the end of this season) but he's running out of time. He has a few good moments here and there but the majority of his games are poor.

And he's a soft tissue injury waiting to happen.

Still think his best position would be to play as a lock down small defender where he can use his pace and strength to overpower the more slight frames.
He doesn't even have close to the mobility required.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

why could port match the lachie jones bid, but we cant match cochrene? rule changes?

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Pick #16 (2020, match NGA bid) - Lachie Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

Back