Player Watch Pick #18 (2019) - Mitch Georgiades

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL media is always dramatic hyperbole, they will be a mid team soon enough. Even us bottomed out only for two years in a compromised draft. Choco stuffed up 08-10 and should have bottomed us out sooner.

We still got the players we wanted. Wingard made it clear he didn't want to go to GWS. Fair enough point though. I think it will be more than a couple of years before WCE are a mid table team.

I was of the opinion Mitch would certainly stay especially when recovering from an ACL but he is certainly taking his own sweet time about signing. Possibly because of the length of the contract he is being offered but even I am starting to get a bit twitchy now. As the year has progressed its probably become clear that he will be more valuable in our forward line than first speculated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taking Mitch to Perth with the team over the weekend was a smart move as it was putting it out there that he’s ours so back off. Also a chance to visit the family - good PR. An announcement regarding his contract renewal is not far off, I reckon!
I hope so, listening to Burton on the radio this afternoon he sounded pretty flat when asked about Mitch. He has been usually fairly upbeat when asked about him in the past.

Best thing about the eagles winning is it removes the possibility of them being able to walk him to the preseason draft.
Didn't think of that. Kangaroos will have a go at that though surely. They'd love to get us back.

Will be hilarious when he says no to them.

I hope so, listening to Burton on the radio this afternoon he sounded pretty flat when asked about Mitch. He has been usually fairly upbeat when asked about him in the past.
Very annoying interview, the follow up question was there for the taking, Ryan offered up that he’d been in Perth etc etc they could have asked then and there about signing a contract but just changed the subject and moved on. Ryan always sounds flat, nothing gets him excited.

Very annoying interview, the follow up question was there for the taking, Ryan offered up that he’d been in Perth etc etc they could have asked then and there about signing a contract but just changed the subject and moved on. Ryan always sounds flat, nothing gets him excited.

Can you imagine a childhood of Hey son, let's watch my goal in the 1989 grand final again!

Can you imagine a childhood of Hey son, let's watch my goal in the 1989 grand final again!
Haha. Mick Nunan pre-game press conference quipped that "We have one goal in mind". Craig Burton delivered so Mick should have been happy despite his team being drubbed by 94 points. Very unfortunate phrasing that...

Meanwhile the 1989 VFL Grand Final turned out to be arguably the greatest of all time.

Ignoreing the headline of the tweet (and my spelling), when discussing port it reads:
Mitch Georgiades is poised to stay on a longer-term deal after suffering an ACL injury.

Last edited:
Must have been an Essendon supporter who wrote that. Even if we were willing to give up Georgiades for Grundy, why wouldn't we just trade Georgiades directly to Melbourne for Grundy and tell Essendon to go **** themselves?

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Pick #18 (2019) - Mitch Georgiades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back