Pick 23 - Possibilities?

Remove this Banner Ad

Possibly add Hartung and Impey to that list.

I think we are in a unique position this year that 3 quality SA kids are rated around our pick so at least 1 should be available. There are 3 things that should weigh in their favour. 1st and foremost they are likely to be the best available or at least equivalent to best available at 23. Second they would all be seen as lower risk as they have all performed already at SANFL level. Third the risk is lower again as they are all SA kids.

Unless all 3 have gone at 23, which I doubt, and unless there is an unforeseen slider (eg Taylor) then I will be very surprised if its not Dumont, Dunstan or Battersby.
Have you read their profile "closely" ......big question marks on pace

We're trying to speed up the side, not slow it down ......i may be wrong, but i can't see any of those 3 Sth Aust boys coming to use ........maybe another Ebert rebellion on this board

Simply put.

Do not draft a KPF with pick 23... Do it next year when there is some quality depth.

Outside midfielders are what we should go after.
Add 3 years development & when do you want another KP player AFL ready?

If Hourigan is still there at 46 we would have to take him IMO???
Nope ....will not happen

In between size
Not tall enough for a KPP
Not fast enough for a flanker
And carrying already a bit of a pudge stomach .......he'll be picked up, but not by us

Why is it only Sth Australians that we're SUPPOSEDLY going to pick??????

Just saying if Crouch is available at pick 23 it will be stupid to pass him
Why would he Bailey?

Is it only because he's the brother of Brad .....and if so is that a good enough reason

What do these people have in common:
1 Larry Watson

2. Mathew Ball

3. Brad Lloyd

4. Brian Stynes

5. Luke Ottens

All had famous brothers ......it doesn't follow that they're as good .....plus we do not need another inside midfielder at present

Why would he Bailey?

Is it only because he's the brother of Brad .....and if so is that a good enough reason

1 Larry Watson

2. Mathew Ball

3. Brad Lloyd

4. Brian Stynes

5. Luke Ottens

All had famous brothers ......it doesn't follow that they're as good .....plus we do not need another inside midfielder at present
Still a gun midfielder rated at the top of the draft as an inside midfielder

Nope ....will not happen

In between size
Not tall enough for a KPP
Not fast enough for a flanker
And carrying already a bit of a pudge stomach .......he'll be picked up, but not by us

Why is it only Sth Australians that we're SUPPOSEDLY going to pick??????

:rolleyes:

Your opinion only oh great one, of course we must all exalt your supreme knowledge on everything football, please forgive me if I don't bow in your mere presence!!!!

You should consider changing your user name to "The AFL Oracle", far more fitting than Wayne's World.

In the meantime you can K. M. A. !!!

Why would he Bailey?

1 Larry Watson

2. Mathew Ball

3. Brad Lloyd

4. Brian Stynes

5. Luke Ottens

W.W
L.Watson was a very good player in the 8tees for Westies 1983 premiership comes to mind

Still a gun midfielder rated at the top of the draft as an inside midfielder
all draftees are guns at this time of the draft ........sadly they don't all turn out to be guns ;)

:rolleyes:

Your opinion only oh great one, of course we must all exalt your supreme knowledge on everything football, please forgive me if I don't bow in your mere presence!!!!

You should consider changing your user name to "The AFL Oracle", far more fitting than Wayne's World.

In the meantime you can K. M. A. !!!
:p kids .....what would you do without them

if you're right .....and you wont be, i expect an apology .....or at least acknowledgement ;)

W.W
L.Watson was a very good player in the 8tees for Westies 1983 premiership comes to mind
I was there ......and i am a long time Bloods supporter (long & suffering:()

Larry was a failure at VFL ......but very good for us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Add 3 years development & when do you want another KP player AFL ready?

Preferably i'd rather the A+ potential one in 4 years then a B one in 3 years. Jenkins and Pods can hold the ship for the next two anyway.

Outside mids is a bigger need by far to balance out our midfield, someone with great disposal and a bit of speed would be golden in a side like ours.

Why would he Bailey?

Lets just forget the fact he averaged 38 disposals in the TAC cup altogether, the only reason anyone must be considering him is because he's the brother of Brad. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure plenty of fans would love him just because of the fact he is the brother of Brad and if he did make it, it would be a good story, but don't ignore what he's done himself this season.

If he did slide to us it would be pretty hard to pass on him even if he doesn't fit our main need as he's been projected to be a top 10 pick at one stage with doubts on things such as speed which is seeing him drop. Every year this happens, clubs get sucked in for the draft camp results and forget what exactly the kid can do. Grigg is a perfect example of this, hardly proven at this stage but fell due to his lack of speed but from what we've seen so far, he easily makes up for that lack of speed since he actually knows how to play and has plenty of composure.

I don't believe afc have recruited anyone who was highly rated by the bigfooty afc board, I expect afc to select someone who has not been mentioned.

Back in Fantasia's day as our head Recruiter, it's a pity that he didn't read BigFooty and just go by that. Would have avoided a few lemons.

Post Fantasia, thank goodness that Rendell and Ogilvie haven't. :)

So I expect either some kid who has all the right attributes and is too young to play ... Or some kid who had an injury ridden year last year and dropped off everyone's radar.

Have you read their profile "closely" ......big question marks on pace

We're trying to speed up the side, not slow it down ......i may be wrong, but i can't see any of those 3 Sth Aust boys coming to use ........maybe another Ebert rebellion on this board

Look, im not invested in the 3 SA kids. If there is a slider or someone they have identified that we have missed (highly likely) then well and good. We all just want to nab the best available player

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 23 - Possibilities?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back