Toast Pick 38 - Welcome to Hawthorn, Dayle Garlett

Remove this Banner Ad

Call me a grumpy pedantic old man if you like but what is it with plurals these days. Why throw in an apostrophe which marks the possessive case eg the baby's pram or the pit bull's bone
The plural of baby is babies......no apostrophe . The plural of pit bull is pit bulls ....no apostrophe
I always thought it was Mother-in-Law :cool: ie. "the pit bull's daughter is my wife"

"Terrific footy smarts, quick, agile, evasive and has a great endurance base. Quick out of congestion, and rarely misses in front of goal. find space when there isn’t any, controls the play and provides plenty of excitement and his speed is extraordinary. Garlett also knows how to win his own footy, a big tick considering he is mostly an outside player."

Based on that alone, he sounds like the answer to all our dreams. A Cyril-type without the hamstring problems. I now have Dayle listed as my early favourite for next year's Norm Smith. :D :thumbsu:

Off field problems? What you talkin' about, Willis?

Sadly the media is harsh, they were hoping he would slip up and answer something in a way they could twist and create a story from. It wasn't until someone (Hawthorn person) asked if they had any questions for Billy or James that they asked them anything, even then it was brief before getting back in to Dayle.

The club would have prepared Dayle for this, and he will know the type of questions he'll be asked in the future.

I personally hope the club keeps him out of the media completely for a while, just to let the dust settle and give Dayle time to become comfortable in Melbourne.
Lots of allusions to attitude and behavioral problems. It's almost the default description of Garlett (highest profile recruit we've had since 2004).

Everyone has soaked it up - 99% of footy fans can tell you he has a question mark of him, 99% of those can't tell you what he supposedly did wrong in the past.

It's going to be another Budddy Franklin style ride. Hope we get 600 goals out of this bloke too.

Lots of allusions to attitude and behavioral problems. It's almost the default description of Garlett (highest profile recruit we've had since 2004).

Everyone has soaked it up - 99% of footy fans can tell you he has a question mark of him, 99% of those can't tell you what he supposedly did wrong in the past.

It's going to be another Budddy Franklin style ride. Hope we get 600 goals out of this bloke too.

I've heard everything from a drug dealer to a gang member from mates. I wonder if the media knows the truth..

I heard he once had a cigarette :eek:

I Like it! Some more speed and flair! Welcome mate, hope you enjoy playing for the mighty hawks. Wonder if you be given 23 in a year or two...;) Work hard and the the faithful will raise with you.

For marketing and publicity we need someone to take over number 23. Huge risk giving it to him but it might just work out the best thing ever. Thoughts? If not, who else get it. McEvoy?

Probably give 23 to anderson although I think he will get No.7

I'd also prefer to see Anderson get 23 over Garlett.

Garlett doesn't need the extra attention and potential ego boost that comes with the #23 at Hawthorn.

Anderson has his head screwed on right and also has all the signs of being worthy of the number talent wise. It seems to be a number given to our bigger players though. Maybe time for a break in tradition?

For marketing and publicity we need someone to take over number 23. Huge risk giving it to him but it might just work out the best thing ever. Thoughts? If not, who else get it. McEvoy?

I'd also prefer to see Anderson get 23 over Garlett.

Garlett doesn't need the extra attention and potential ego boost that comes with the #23 at Hawthorn.

Anderson has his head screwed on right and also has all the signs of being worthy of the number talent wise. It seems to be a number given to our bigger players though. Maybe time for a break in tradition?

I think you have to earn No.23. Plus it has a history of belonging to key position players and big men. Not sure if either of those guys fit the mould. Perhaps O'Brien or Tatupu will earn it one day Until then i'm happy to moth ball it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally, I will get a lot of enjoyment watching the #44 running agound in B&G once again. If Dayle'a half as good as Platts, he will do me. You've got a responsibility to uphold now Dayle. Go for it!

This would be a cracking result, if Platts was the Rat, based on all the drama around Garlett he could be the Brat.

Personally, I will get a lot of enjoyment watching the #44 running agound in B&G once again. If Dayle'a half as good as Platts, he will do me. You've got a responsibility to uphold now Dayle. Go for it!

Could be a Brownlow in his future? Swan has already shown you don't need a good reputation to win it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Pick 38 - Welcome to Hawthorn, Dayle Garlett

Remove this Banner Ad

Back