Player Watch Pick #5 (2018) - Connor Rozee (AFL Captain)

Remove this Banner Ad

We should have given the money and captaincy to butters. He is/was never going to leave SA

I wouldn't be so sure of that.

I think Connor definitely had it, but he doesn't right now.

His season was obviously derailed by injury selection, and also by his changing family situation. I don't think it's coming back this season.

Hopefully next year it gets better again.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

I think Connor definitely had it, but he doesn't right now.

His season was obviously derailed by injury selection, and also by his changing family situation. I don't think it's coming back this season.

Hopefully next year it gets better again.

Agree. He’s very much an outside only player at the moment and not very good at that either. The recent commentary about his field kicking efficiency is valid.

Geez, he fumbled too a lot today.

Last edited:
What did he say about his kicking?

Sorry, autocorrect changed it from “the” to “he”.

Hoyne has pointed out a couple of weeks in a row that Rozee’s effectiveness and performance in general has been overrated when compared to the stats they keep.

At some stage after the fan base has turned on every high end player we’ve ever had under Hinkley youve got admit that maybe there’s not so much wrong with the players as the coach and system keeps grinding players down.

I mean we’ve got a decade of evidence and the only player to come out of it smelling of roses is Robbie gray, and even then there were patches where the fan base was close … even boak now has lost some of that gloss.
Indeed but perhaps turning in the players who have supported his tenure publicly deserve a portion of the blame.

Person with rozee avatar upset that people question his leadership abilities lol

He has the gravitas of a soggy vegetable. He is as talented as they come but a full time midfielder captain, he aint.
Curious to know who your choice of captain would be. Because if its Dan Houston, a full time midfielder captain, he couldn't be either.

The facts so far is that we are judging his captaincy off an injury interrupted season where he has been in and out of the side since round 8. We were travelling a hell of a lot better and he was on track for his 3rd All Australian up until they tried playing him with a torn hammy.

Last edited:
I believe (hope) the reason they gave Rozee the captaincy over Butters is because he was willing to commit to the club long term whereas butters wasnt. I would hope they tried using the captaincy to entice Butters into a long term deal. If they didn't, thats just more incompetence from the club.

I believe (hope) the reason they gave Rozee the captaincy over Butters is because he was willing to commit to the club long term whereas butters wasnt. I would hope they tried using the captaincy to entice Butters into a long term deal. If they didn't, thats just more incompetence from the club.
Where have you been for the last several years, the club is run by a bunch of clueless baboons!

Shouldn't be getting midfield minutes from here on. Too sloppy and too weak.

Thought Mead has looked way better inside than he has.

Lots of icing. No cake.

I might be reading the signs incorrectly, but my gut-feel is that Zak is no Hinkley fan. We might be more likely to lose him if Hinkley stays.
I get that feeling as well.

Zak is a footballer who wants to win and gives it his all.

It would drive him a bit nuts to see what he has to put up with in terms of Hinkley's many weaknesses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My take on Rozee is that his skill level appears to have fallen through the floor, he had a relatively simple handball opportunity early in yesterday's game near the centre where the receiver would have been off to the races with a paddock in front of him, but the ball went wide for a turnover which resulted in a brisvegas shot on goal.
From memory they only scored a point from that entry, and a goal almost immediately after when the ball was brought back into play.

Whether it's the pressure of the captaincy, becoming a father for the first time, or a combination of the two the wheels definitely appear to have fallen off him this season and he is not showing much if any leadership at all.

My take on Rozee is that his skill level appears to have fallen through the floor, he had a relatively simple handball opportunity early in yesterday's game near the centre where the receiver would have been off to the races with a paddock in front of him, but the ball went wide for a turnover which resulted in a brisvegas shot on goal.
From memory they only scored a point from that entry, and a goal almost immediately after when the ball was brought back into play.

Whether it's the pressure of the captaincy, becoming a father for the first time, or a combination of the two the wheels definitely appear to have fallen off him this season and he is not showing much if any leadership at all.
He also fumbled/spilled at least one, maybe two, handball receives when trying to create overlap. That and his blind, high kicking to uncontested opponents on the wing and HF.

Player Watch Pick #5 (2018) - Connor Rozee (AFL Captain)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back