Player Watch Pick #55 (2021) - Hugh Jackson

Remove this Banner Ad

He won the Goal of the Round - was on 7news last night.
I'm hoping we get to see this lad on the big stage this weekend or next... he's next in line in my view.
Was so close last year, will be nice to get a few games into him now he's back and playing some good footy.
It's quite interesting watching him at SANFL... he's in space a lot more often than he's used at times and covers some ground.

Last edited:

He won the Goal of the Round - was on 7news last night.
I'm hoping we get to see this lad on the big stage this weekend or next... he's next in line in my view.
Was so close last year, will be nice to get a few games into him now he's back and playing some good footy.
It's quite interesting watching him at SANFL... he's in space a lot more often than he's used at times and covers some ground.

Reckon another couple of weeks.

It's all about his hip and conditioning him to avoid further injury.

Its time to pick hm.
It's Round 23 of a season we're in up to our eyeballs and he'd be at best our seventh best midfielder. It couldn't be less time to pick him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's Round 23 of a season we're in up to our eyeballs and he'd be at best our seventh best midfielder. It couldn't be less time to pick him.
Marshall out, Narkle play the whole match and Jackson/Sinn/Lorenz as sub thanks

Let’s face it. There are no suitable replacements for the vacancy left by Georgiades/Marshall. We need a skilful, agile, tallish, leading/marking high forward who can drift into space and provide a continued goal threat while linking up play and keeping their defenders at bay. We don’t have anyone on our list left who is fit and can do that. Burton is not the player. Visentini, Lord, Scully, Soldo are all not that player.

Let’s face it. There are no suitable replacements for the vacancy left by Georgiades/Marshall. We need a skilful, agile, tallish, leading/marking high forward who can drift into space and provide a continued goal threat while linking up play and keeping their defenders at bay. We don’t have anyone on our list left who is fit and can do that. Burton is not the player. Visentini, Lord, Scully, Soldo are all not that player.

The perfect replacement for the leading forward part is JHF but the problem is that that would cost you on ball.

Shame if he can't be rewarded for such performances in the SANFL. He's been building nicely since his return from hip surgery. Haven't seen some of those in the AFL team play like he does in the SANFL. Not sure how/who but it's Jackson's time. Looking forward to seeing him at the next level.

Has a unique ability to get hands and arms free to extract the ball to runners that is so uncanny it seems to catch team mates off guard, even in general play, seems to draw contact before giving off and able to give off 360 degrees. I don’t know how this trait transitions with his current light frame, but his running patterns look like they may hold up to a high half forward role, similar to Boaky.

With all the hip issues in the first few years of his career, I do feel a Summer in the USA with Trav and JHF, Along with Josh Sinn to get the mechanics correct in running profile at Aospos or whatever it’s called, would do he and Josh the world of wonders. Also Dyl Williams to see if they can find an ounce of pace in his legs, he is ‘explosive’ enough, loved to take a hanger early in the SANFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Pick #55 (2021) - Hugh Jackson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back